The Monk

Low Awareness, Neurosis Society.

12 posts in this topic

I have begun to understand, that the area I live within contains a high level of neurosis and low awareness. As people, blame others for their own problems, and have a multitude of addictions, as well as a high amount of judgements done on others, and illegal activity (which is a projection) but has also been seen from my own eyes by me, and, as I have begun the pursuit to enlightenment I'm seeing this more and more and more, and its making me scared and angry. Which is why I fear my future. 

I'm thinking of moving out of this area when I get older, but the question is where is the nicest place to live, where people have a high level of awareness, low crime rate, and are not judgemental or have addictions?

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@Aamir King you are on planet earth. there's no escape. such place with such perfect conditions only exist in artificial contexts... zen monasteries for example.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya What about sitting in a cave, like so Yogis/sages  did or going into a cabin in the woods, e.g. like Leo would like to do.  Or isolating yourself in another way from society, e.g. by remaining in your house for eternity and ordering goods and services via supermarket delivery and books via amazon?

20 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

@ajasatya What about sitting in a cave, like so Yogis/sages  did or going into a cabin in the woods, e.g. like Leo would like to do.  Or isolating yourself in another way from society, e.g. by remaining in your house for eternity and ordering goods and services via supermarket delivery and books via amazon?

Obviously that is possible to do if you plan well enough. So what is your question? You want confirmation that it is possible to do? Well it is. Do you really want to do it though, or is it just a form of escape from your fears? I read in another thread you made that you were worried people would record and embarrass you for going to the gym, maybe you should face what that is all about instead of thinking you can escape to the woods or whatever and somehow all those demons will just vanish. Just my two cents.

28 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

What about sitting in a cave, like so Yogis/sages  did or going into a cabin in the woods, e.g. like Leo would like to do.  Or isolating yourself in another way from society, e.g. by remaining in your house for eternity and ordering goods and services via supermarket delivery and books via amazon?

But the problem with this is that it makes you feel bad to not be infected with cultural illusion. In our modern society the cost of sanity is alienation, to some degree. By the way, are you sure you want to go live in a cave or build a cabin in the woods and live inside of it? after all, your life will be absolutely at your hands.

[insert quote here]

@Leo Gura Why would you like to do this so much, I have come up with some benefits of my own, but in your videos I also hear you saying you want to live in a Cabin in the woods, why is this? I also want to do this, but I simply want to distinguish my reason from yours, teacher. 

don't fall victim to your surrounding, really it is your mind playing these stories. These people are merely living in the facade, they do whatever they please. In the eyes of the moral they are seen as obscene, but really they are just participating in acts that don't amend with societies standard. That may be wrong, from the moral perspective. But when you see things as they are, nothing is surprising and nothing seems obscene because it simply is what it is. 

A successful happy life does not equal alineating yourself from the world and becoming a recluse.  Humans have evolved in  such a way that we need community and connection with others. The Buddha renounced extreme methods of self-mortification and resorted to the Middle Way of moderation, which eventually led to his enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree. For him the Middle Way was a logical, reasonable and realistic solution for human beings, whether they lived as householders or monks, based upon the very nature of the human body which was made to thrive on moderation rather than extreme pleasure or pain.

Living as a hermit in a cave is a very ascetic life and therefore not the middle way. If you truly know your own suffering then you will know the suffering of others and understand with compassionate why they are the way they are instead of fearing them. I'm not sure where you live but in many countries now including the USA there are small intentional communities springing up all over the place where you can live in a healthy self sustaining way with other conscious people. Have a look into it.

Intentional communities

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

To be honest, I think rich neighborhoods have in general a higher level of awareness. You can also live in the country there is not much people.

Otherwise if your area is like you say you can obseve  how people behave and how their bad habits affects their lives and then dont implement it in your life.

@Xpansion It's why I'm beginning to understand them if why I fear them, and fear what will become of me if I remain around them and become like them or suffer from their issues. Which is why I become angry= as the answer to their problems are 70% easy to solve (from what I've seen) and scared= as they bring these onto others around them, through communication which leads to them influencing others to take the same path, which leads to nothing but bitter sadness despair and regret, which is why i GET ANNOYED, as people listen to the ones with deep problems rather than figuring themselves out for themselves and allowing themselves to grow, which is why they blame others, as they've become reliant on others around them. Which is why I become annoyed, as the answer to correct this all is SIMPLE. :S>:(:/

20 hours ago, Snick said:

You can come to my city in Sweden, Norrkoping! Everyone has high awareness, no one is judgemental or has any addictions! 

Also, there are virgin girls waiting for you as well, if you choose to move here! 

Its funny because I don't know if your being sarcastic or not :D haha

On 04/11/2016 at 5:09 PM, Aamir King said:

listen to your heart. how do you want to heal yourself?

make that your aspiration.

short book. 50 pages. http://www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=bookstore

unborn Truth