Gabith

Wondering if Actualized.org is a "cult"

11 posts in this topic

I've watched almost ALL videos of Leo within years, including is Actualized.org a cult ?

And since weeks, I started wondering if Leo is deluded or not, and I feel "better" with  Osho, Mooji, Anna Brown or Ecktart Tolle talks. These people seems very calm and loving and I don't see that in Leo.

20 minutes ago, Gabith said:

These people seems very calm and loving and I don't see that in Leo.

There was a thread about this very thing. Leo has his own style of teaching, some resonate with it, others don't and that's okay. I like that he's being upfront. Be cautions with people who act all nice. Some people are just nice, like the teachers you've listed (at least they seem nice from the outside). But other teachers use the same tactic to get you hooked. They act all nice, because that's what you like. People want to hear nice things being said a nice way. It's a common manipulation tactic. So be careful with that. Just because somebody is nice doesn't mean that they are ACTUALLY nice. Some people are REALLY good at putting on a false facade.

Anyways, what exactly makes you think that this is a cult? I see some people who are a little too attached to Actualized.org. They do tend to make it look like a cult. But that's on them.

You don't have to pay anything. Nobody forces you to be here. Nobody forces you to agree with them. If they do, you can just leave. Those are luxuries that you can't afford when being sucked into an actual cult. I bet there are some great documentaries about cults out there. Watch some and maybe it'll help you get a clearer image of this.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

There was a thread about this very thing. Leo has his own style of teaching, some resonate with it, others don't and that's okay. I like that he's being upfront. Be cautions with people who act all nice. Some people are just nice, the teachers you've listed for example seem very inspiring to me. But other teachers use the same tactic to get you hooked. They act all nice, because that's what you like. People want to hear nice things being said a nice way. It's a common manipulation tactic. So be careful with that. Just because somebody is nice doesn't mean that they are ACTUALLY nice. Some people are REALLY good at putting on a false facade.

Anyways, what exactly makes you think that this is a cult? I see some people who are a little too attached to Actualized.org. They do tend to make it look like a cult. But that's on them.

You don't have to pay anything. Nobody forces you to be here. Nobody forces you to agree with them. If they do, you can just leave. Those are luxuries that you can't afford when being sucked into a cult. I bet there are some great documentaries about cults out there. Watch some and maybe it'll help you get a clearer image of this.

True, cult wasn't the good word... All I feel is that Leo is maybe deluded and I can't attach importance to his teachings like I did before, I feel like something doesn't click but can't know what.

22 minutes ago, Gabith said:

True, cult wasn't the good word... All I feel is that Leo is maybe deluded and I can't attach importance to his teachings like I did before, I feel like something doesn't click but can't know what.

Oh I see. What things do you feel he's deluded on? Maybe someone will be able to clarify these things for you. I personally don't get a lot of the things he is talking about, but I am open to the idea of them being true. Maybe they are true, maybe they are not. I just stick to the things that I do understand and slowly work towards gaining a better understanding of reality and myself. Some of the things that didn't make sense to me 2 years ago make total sense to me now, because I could confirm and experience them for myself. Some things still don't make sense to me, but maybe they will in another 2 years. Maybe they won't, but that's for me to find out. Who knows?

All I can give you is that it's okay to be unsure. That's why you should follow a multitude of teachers. It's easy to fall into traps when just following one guy. You already named a couple of great teachers like Eckhart Tolle, Anna Brown and Mooji. So just keep your mind open and don't let your worries keep you from potentially learning a couple of amazing life lessons.

If you drive without caution you might crash, but that doesn't mean that you should never drive a car. Why not just drive with caution instead? Know what I mean?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Leo's intentions are pure. That I am sure of. The information he shares with us is pretty much on point, too.

But he does lack some empathy in his approaches. I do agree he tends to appear neurotic and disconnected from his emotional side - but that's just where he is at. He could be more relaxed and peaceful. But that doesn't mean he's evil or a cult leader.

I'm sure he will work on embodiment more in the future. 

He provides an enormous amount of value to the world. He is working his ass off. And that is worthy of admiration - imo.

You should never follow blindly anyone. Take the information that resonates and do your own work. Leave the rest behind.

40 minutes ago, Gabith said:

I think I have one theory that could explain maybe. Before Leo used to be more of a truth seeker. Very passionate about finding out what was true and that quality resonated with many people including me. 

These days leo is more like an authoritarian. Criticising people telling people what's good and bad. He became slowly more arrogant no longer so much of a seeker of truth but a defender of his opinions. And there is some truth to the things he sayes but there's also some bullpoop sprinkles mixed with the truth here and there. That's what makes a very strange aftertaste after watching his videos. Both positive and negative feelings can be felt inside. It's like drinking slightly out of date milk and you can't tell if it's already bad or is it still okey to drink it.

I believe Leo's a great guy with a good heart and love for truth. Everybody is capable of turning nasty sometimes when we become unconscious. That's why rising baseline level of consciousness is important. 

?:)

Edited by Salvijus

@Gabith 

Even if it is a cult, it does not matter. What matters is that what do genuinely want to know or understand something in this case.

But if you do that you will realize that it is not a cult.

And what makes a cult a cult. Well, Leo has books on it and you can buy and read them if you haven't read them already.

Even Leo stresses that don't believe him and watch or study others.

Or maybe I am a cult member who tries to justify that Leo is not a cult leader. :D

Or maybe question what is a cult and how it starts to develop.

How do you judge whether someone is in a cult or is a cult leader? That's not obvious.

And where did you get the idea of a cult?

E.g. You might say there is a cultish behavior around here. But I would say that it is not special to this environment only. You can find it anywhere else (in your family, friends, etc).

And, of course, would a cult member reply to you in this way?

Edited by Understander

Don't Idolize Leo, duh. 

Even he tells you this.  His work is not about 'becoming like Leo'.  

Some of the best lessons you will learn in life come from complete assholes.  My mother was ruthless, and at times growing up I felt like I hated her.  But it wasn't her job to make me like her. It was her job to raise a child into an adult.  

I doubt Leo and I would even be friends in real life.  I think he's arrogant. He'd probably feel similar towards me. But this doesn't matter to either of us. He's under no obligation to 'like' me, nor make himself 'likable' to me. He might even prefer I had a little disdain for him, to prevent such idolization.

Is Actualized.org a 'cult'?  I guess that depends on your definition of 'cult'.  Cult is just short for Culture- the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group, so in that sense, it is a cult.. but that doesn't automatically make it a 'dangerous' cult.   The United States is a cult. Band camp is a cult. Book clubs are cults.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 5/21/2021 at 0:49 PM, Gabith said:

I've watched almost ALL videos of Leo within years, including is Actualized.org a cult ?

And since weeks, I started wondering if Leo is deluded or not, and I feel "better" with  Osho, Mooji, Anna Brown or Ecktart Tolle talks. These people seems very calm and loving and I don't see that in Leo.

I can definitely say leo is deluded, 100 %. He has inverted the truth. Actualized.org in a sense is a cult, because cult not always control you physically but mentally too. Leo without knowing a thing has become cult leader. What is actualized.org else? Spritual fellows?, Religion entity, personal development club, even he didn't define what he do. 

On 5/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

The teaching is doctrine of error. 

That isn't how modern time cult work. Today cult equals with ransomware. They hooked you mentally and psychologically, you are abducted by thought, they already injected your mind by some principles, thought and finally if you say you have something with teachings, they will say you could leave. A true spritual person is father to everyone, he simply don't give up with his children.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

You don't have to pay anything. Nobody forces you to be here. Nobody forces you to agree with them. If they do, you can just leave. Those are luxuries that you can't afford when being sucked into an actual .

payment isn't an issue, if you already is a fan that is payment. People pay to promote thier channel. Payment isn't always a cash. 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:19 PM, Gabith said:

These people seems very calm and loving and I don't see that in Leo.

Well it's just his Soviet-ness