Someone here

What's the relationship between not knowing and awakening?

10 posts in this topic

The more I do this work the more it becomes clear to me that I don't know anything. Conceptualization comes to an end and you are left with raw experience.

Because this work is fundamentally about shedding all falsehood and locating absolute truth.

And what do you get when you seriously sit down and deconstruct your mind and Everything. Every thought..belief.. Idea.. Concept.. Ideology.. Observation.. Discrimination and motivation. Whether it be  science.. Philosophy.. Religion.. Spirituality.. Or anything else.
Your awareness of the content of direct experience is the only thing you know to be for sure.  And still. . That awareness.. What is it? Where is it? How is it.?why is it? When is it?...... 

?‍♂️Jack shit my brotha.

What's The relationship between awakening and not knowing? Is awakening the ultimate not knowing? Or is it in The opposite direction? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Mate, those are some good question which only you can answer. Knowing is a function of mind and perception, and occurs only as a process. Not knowing serves to 'open' you to Consciousness, because knowing contracts (so to speak) Consciousness into some form of concept or perception, and so must be a limitation or restriction of Consciousness into that form of knowing.

Not-knowing is not an activity. It preceeds all beginings and is beginningless (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj).

It is not to be reached. It is not an attitude. Its always. The problem is all the energy that is invested in denying not-knowing. Even as a lowkey destination to reach. 

So the question is how conscious am I of my denial? Not a question to generate an answer. But a question to investigate for the sake of investigation. The seeking is the answer.

Edit: so the endless search stems from denial. Not from not-knowing. The ego's seeking always starts from an assumption. Its that very first assumption that needs investigation.

Edited by Visionary

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

What's The relationship between awakening and not knowing? Is awakening the ultimate not knowing? Or is it in The opposite direction? 

More opposite direction. Awakening is profound but subject object, with awakening as the object or experience of the one which awakens, wether referring to self, no self, God, Being, etc. God consciousness is an awakening experience for example, and isn’t as purified so to speak re subject object, or, is a right of passage if you will back to not knowing. Analogously imagine someone experiencing thought attachment and negative psychology being told they are state free or state less no mind bliss. The gap makes it sound like a full circle back to regular old nonsense. A thought (something known) about won’t do, and direct experience won’t do. Aka Mu. The terms ‘not knowing’, or ‘mu’ even, are like the term sun, compared to being the sun, and not knowing what a sun is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Unknowing is the collapse of the knower.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

13 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Unknowing is the collapse of the knower.

and likewise the collapse of non duality

with no knower, all is one and one is all

all know is all now

"That alone is true Knowledge which is neither knowledge nor ignorance. What is known is not true Knowledge. Since the Self shines with nothing else to know or to make known, It alone is Knowledge. It is not a void.

The Self, which is Knowledge, is the only Reality. Knowledge of multiplicity is false knowledge. This false knowledge, which is really ignorance, cannot exist apart from the Self, which is knowledge-Reality. The variety of gold ornaments is unreal, since none of them can exist without the gold of which they are all made."

--

Ramana

Edited by gettoefl

4 hours ago, gettoefl said:

and likewise the collapse of non duality

with no knower, all is one and one is all

With no knower its absolutely nothing.

Not even one.

And yes concepts of non duality and void are recognized as nothing.

Even the recognition that it is nothing is also nothing. ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

But then what's the difference between ordinary people's not knowing and the enlightened not knowing, so to speak? 

Look at ordinary people. You ask them, explain the universe. They'll say, fuck knows. Which is essentially where we are all at here. The difference is, they've accepted it and ARE MAKING THE BEST OF WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS IS. They don't need to chase it. Isn't that real enlightenment?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But then what's the difference between ordinary people's not knowing and the enlightened not knowing, so to speak? 

Look at ordinary people. You ask them, explain the universe. They'll say, fuck knows. Which is essentially where we are all at here. The difference is, they've accepted it and ARE MAKING THE BEST OF WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS IS. They don't need to chase it. Isn't that real enlightenment?

No difference at all because enlightenment is not real, it's the end of something that never occurred.

It's an illusory collapse of an illusory individual that seemed to have free will and choice to chase or not chase.

If you look closely though, everyone is chasing something whether it be materialism or spiritual materialism: success, wealth, great family, nice car, beautiful clothes, expensive jewelry, enlightenment hehe. ❤

@Someone here

If you got 25 mins these might help with some of the questions you are wondering.....

Also a number of teachers such as Frank Yang, bentinho massaro, and I believe a few famous Indian mystics make the claim that its only when you fully let go of what you know, does the flame of Truth reveal itself and give rise to true wisdom.  This was my experience it seemed as well.  It wasn't a comfortable place to be in since its hard to go against the forces of ones own mind so to say, but again each person may have a different experience of going through this.

It also seems that in the empty mind and a place of not know, the activity of being arises when needed, although not always perfect or ideal sometimes lol, but still a wisdom and a free flow of character that is a mystery.

Its hard to put words though, what I just described has disappeared as well for the most part as an experience.....  Its really a mystery and that is part of Truth in my opinion, but so is everything else, lol.  I know often on this forum, this God awakening thing is seen as coming to a place of high knowing, but in every way except to know its Only itself exists, thats hardly what awakening has shown me.... oh and love and compassion and wisdom seem to just pour out of no where, lol.

Honestly though, its not for everyone, and yet it is everyone, not all are or need to awaken to this Truth, Truth is doing much more then awakening to itself through a human view point.