TheSilentObserver

Something freaky I can't wrap my head around

7 posts in this topic

So, when you take a look at the human body, inside and out... what part of it is actually aware of it self? I don't mean the fact I can point towards my eyes and say "these are my eyeballs" or touch my brain and say "this is my brain", but I literally mean how can we prove the body isn't some unaware flash bag being controlled by literal magic of invisible consciousness? Because there's my own voice in my head. I don't register the individual thoughts of my elbow, knees, kidneys or even the brain. Is the brain really aware of itself? Have you ever heard thoughts coming from the brain? Not your own thoughts, but the brain's? As trippy as that sounds.

I suppose you could say pain and bodily sensations is the body's way of communicating to you, but if your body develops stage 4 cancer there's no way it will tell you before it's way too late and you're already about to die.

I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this but I feel like I'm on to something. Does any of this make sense?

You are magically manifesting whatever device you’re using to view this just as much as you are growing your own hair right now. Everything is you, and everything is done by you. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

? ? ? 

When taken-for-granted beliefs and knowing fall away, what seems to be unveiled is what’s described in terms such as spacious aliveness; empty fullness; etc.

Edited by The0Self

2 hours ago, TheSilentObserver said:

but I literally mean how can we prove the body isn't some unaware flash bag

You can simply become conscious that your body is Consciousness/God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, TheSilentObserver said:

how can we prove the body isn't some unaware flash bag being controlled by literal magic of invisible consciousness?

Your body is not a bag of flesh that is somehow being shoved around by some spooky magic called "mind" or "consciousness". 

The duality between "mind" and "body" is not real. 

When you move your hand, you might think "my mind controls the hand". And then you begin to wonder "but how is it possible that mind controls matter??" Notice the duality. Mind - Matter. 

But if you get rid of the duality between mind and matter, you'll end up with a far simpler and much more satisfying explanation;

Your mind doesn't move the hand. Your mind and your hand are actually the same, and the hand controls itself through being identical with mind. 

Or look at your heartbeat. How come your heart knows how to beat? How come there's a part of your mind that "subconsciously" controls the heart? Well, again, get rid of the duality and see that "heart" and mind" are not different from each other and that because your heart is the same as your mind, it controls itself. 

After all, if I you move your hand and I ask you: "do you know how you move your hand?", you will answer "yes of course - and in fact, me knowing how to move my hand and the moving of the hand are one and the same process."

Just observe, closely. And see if you can actually find any difference between mind and body. 

And what you'll find, eventually, is that what you call "body" or "mind" are even more than that - they're consciousness. See, consciousness is not something "in" or "from" your body. Your body is a reflection/appearance of consciousness. 

And this consciousness is you. There is no difference between you and all your bodily sensations. They're not something you "have", they are something you are.

I dare you to find the difference between "the one who feels" and "what is felt".

You can't wrap your head around it (funny expression in context, am I right?xD) because explanation or thought is just a temporary illusion of knowing what's going on. Awareness is itself the only true Knowing and it's also Unknowing. If there was no unknowing "aspect" to it, you could not learn anything, you wouldn't be open to learn and then you couldn't  KNOW anything in the first place. Awareness is the ultimate open-mindedness. You can't wrap your head around it because your head isn't finite and there's nothing for it to be around. You're infinitely, borderlessly open.

4 hours ago, TheSilentObserver said:

I suppose you could say pain and bodily sensations is the body's way of communicating to you, but if your body develops stage 4 cancer there's no way it will tell you before it's way too late and you're already about to die.

Emotional pain is not separate from physical pain. Also if you think you know what everything is, what your body is and you're caught in thought all the time you aren't open or aware of to subtle sensations and signs. I'm not saying that anyone who doesn't know they have cancer is ignorant of something, but just that it's not as scary as a situation as it seems at all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, TheSilentObserver said:

So, when you take a look at the human body, inside and out... what part of it is actually aware of it self?

When one is suffering from thought attachment, one is believing thoughts label perception. ‘Human body’ is a thought. Seeing is seeing. ‘Human body’ labels what is experientially seen, but does not define anything at all. There is collective agreeing in the labelling, for communication, for creation. (Yet ‘collective agreeing’ is a thought as well). Similarly, ‘part’ is a label, but the thought does not define anything, it communicates. If this seems ‘out of your grasp’, don’t go the direction of thinking, adopt the practice of meditation. The space between the thoughts, an early ‘experience’ in meditation, can not be thought no matter how much thinkin it seems one does. The ‘thinkin’ can inadvertently reinforce the idea that there is a ‘thinker’ ‘thinking’. 

I don't mean the fact I can point towards my eyes and say "these are my eyeballs" or touch my brain and say "this is my brain", but I literally mean how can we prove the body isn't some unaware flash bag being controlled by literal magic of invisible consciousness?

The ‘space’ is then realized by consciousness, to be consciousness, and inevitably realized to be infinite, such that there are not two; consciousness and a body. ‘Body’, from this detached from thoughts / space between vantage, is clearly experienced as a thought, as a label. 

Because there's my own voice in my head.

In this ‘not two’ of the spaciousness, it’s clearer there are not two, such as my, x, y, or z. (Voice, head, etc)

I don't register the individual thoughts of my elbow, knees, kidneys or even the brain. Is the brain really aware of itself? Have you ever heard thoughts coming from the brain? Not your own thoughts, but the brain's? As trippy as that sounds.

If you replace the word brain with train, it’s clear thoughts are ain’t coming from, arising from a train. Only in the spaciousness, it’s clear ‘brain’ is a thought, and is not in perception. It’s another label. Great for communication, yet never actually defines any ‘thing’, as there are, not two. 

Not two. Again, careful with going the route of more and more thinking. Meditation imo is best first thing in the morning, everyday, and again in the afternoon. ‘Coming to’, knowing, feeling, being the spaciousness... before ‘a lot of thinking’... which takes some time to settle... has even arisen and been attached to. 

If you find that you are ‘going in the route of more and more thinking’... especially existential thinking, conceptualizing and abstractions, use the emotional scale instead, and bring attention and focus to feeling & understanding the emotions you are experiencing. This helps ‘keep you at ground level’, your life, desires, passions & interests, rather than thinking as in unproductive rumination. If difficult emotions arise, give them attention, rather than avoiding or suppressing. Expression is a great way to give the emotions attention, and to experience release of emotional discord. Journaling is just one general, simple example. Transmutation, realizing beauty and insight through expression via art, music, or even new experiences, transforms emotional misunderstandings into alignment with good feeling and understanding. 

I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this but I feel like I'm on to something. Does any of this make sense?

Thinking and thinking is still, thinking. ‘My head’ is a thought. Trying to ‘wrap my head around this’ is more thought attachment, to the thought, ‘my head’. The light on the wall is great, good times. The bulb is greater. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE