Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rush

Does The Illusion Produce Fulfillment

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

If you were to get every single external things you ever wanted, e.g relationships, career, etc.. would you not be fulfilled ? I know if you are dependent on these things that they can come and go, but their must be people who surely keep these external things with them for the rest of their life and have their life match the way they imagined it to go. would you not say they are fulfilled ? why would people like this meditate if they already have their life in place ? 

Fulfillment and success are closely intertwined when you are in lower consciousness. When one actually give a shit about ones self and your self image, then when reality matches it, temporary fulfillment comes. But that is not true fulfillment. True fulfillment comes from breaking down ego. And people who are successful in life - at least some - open up to higher spiritual truths because what else is there? They already have everything else. But you can still pursue the real fulfillment without having the other areas of life in place. That would be a wiser move. Enlightenment is the only thing that is really worth going for. Everything else is just a fools gold.

Being in the flow of the moment of creating is fulfilling, but that's because you are in a state of being that is free in and of itself in a sense, not really because of the actions and not really because of the results. 

@rush stop imagining and fantasizing other people's happiness. if you want to know, meet someone who has the characteristics you described and ask him/her. ask them if they're completely content with their lives.

unborn Truth

@rush Maybe. But since as soon as we have it we want something else this is either is a unending chase or fantesy.

3 hours ago, rush said:

If you were to get every single external things you ever wanted, e.g relationships, career, etc.. would you not be fulfilled ?

Needs can be fulfilled, but desires cannot be. Nobody has been ever able to fulfill his ambitions. Desires do not die with fulfillment. Desire fulfilled only for a moment gives you a relief, and that relief has also to be understood. In the moment of a fulfilled desire there is relief. There is relief because in that small moment you are desireless. Desirelessness is joy. When one desire is fulfilled and before the mind projects another desire, between the two there is a small interval when there is no desire. That moment is of meditation.

@rush I want to say, "I wish you achieved that just to realize how miserable and depressing your life would feel." But I wouldn't want to wish that level of suffering on my worst enemy.

You are gonna die, you realize that, right? And no amount of money or success will help you with that.

Alternatively, the wiser amoungst us will realize we're immortal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The illusion is a trap in which you are constantly running, running, running, and chasing. Running from death, running from reality, chasing materials that more or less don't do much for you in the long-term, because they only bring temporary joy.

How can you be fulfilled when you're always on the move? It's stress-inducing. Counter-intuitively, once you give up is when you really win. By give up, I mean giving up on self-made identifications and thought patterns. Becoming focused with only what's in front of you, as it is.

Edited by Frogfucius

@Leo Gura i believe It would actually be beneficial to me if I did manage to acquire "everything I want" - ie, success, relationships, career, everything. Then I could see theirs no fulfillment to be gained from all these things rather than taking it on as a belief. 

@rush Get to work then. That will take you a good decade or two at least.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.