EntheogenTruthSeeker

Has Leo Experienced the Christian Heaven on Psychedelics?

230 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The things I teach require serious groundedness

How do you describe this "groundedness"?

Where have you described this?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura but you do not understand.

Even mentally ill people can still follow your work.

If someone is suicidal,they could be attending therapy for it. Yet they could have a spiritual inclination.and they can follow your work in order to fulfil the spiritual side of their lives?

Why not?

Tons of people have mental issues. But its not like your work cannot inspire them to lead better lives, of course it can.

Because these are two separate compartments - spiritual and psychological and of course there are intermixing connections between the two but still they are separate compartments of life that can be addressed both jointly and separately.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Preety_India I do not teach mentally ill people.

If a person has a mental illness, they should not be following my work.

The things I teach require serious groundedness. Read the disclaimers and warnings in the Forum Guidelines about mental illness.

If you are mentally ill and decide to follow my work, that's on you. I give no promises about whether things will turn out good or bad for you because your mind is unstable and you may easily misconstrue the work.

From the Forum Guidelines:

You need to change your guidelines. It's not like people are using your videos to cure their problems. But they might be doing it for bettering their spiritual side.

You make it sound like mentally ill people are barred from your work. No of course they can follow your work.

I suffer depression. I'm not using spirituality to cure depression. I'm using spirituality to purify my spiritual side.

And your work really helps me with  that.

So please be open to letting in mentally ill people to follow your work.

It sounds very demonizing to kind of tell mentally ill people to stay away from your work because your audience is variegated in terms of psychological landscape.

I can understand if someone is severely ill.

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India You are effectively right but I think Leo got his ass full of dealing with crazy mentally ill people right now. :P

@4201 see that's the problem.

Not all mentally ill people are going around murdering people.

A lot of people have depression and anxiety which is so common 

But they get lumped into this bag with people who are axe murderers.

You know what I mean?

Even people with psychological problems can have actualization and spiritual goals in life.

@4201 leo is making it look like everyone has to be super duper normal to follow his work.

But most people aren't perfectly normal and are on a spectrum.

The word to be used here is "responsible."

Most mentally ill people are quite responsible. 

But of course Leo shouldn't deal with irresponsible people who are also mentally ill.

Edited by Preety_India

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

@4201 see that's the problem.

Not all mentally ill people are going around murdering people.

A lot of people have depression and anxiety which is so common 

But they get lumped into this bag with people who are axe murderers.

You know what I mean?

Even people with psychological problems can have actualization and spiritual goals in life.

Yeah I think all mental illnesses are imagined and to be free from them is to simply stop believing in them. I'm not there to argue about that though.

If you've been following the recent events, it's understandable why Leo would want to clearly dissociate himself from mental illnesses for legal and PR reasons. Further more, if he hasn't personally experienced said mental illnesses there's not much he can really claim without it being a wild guess. I think mental illnesses are imagined because of my experience with depression and psychosis but I can't really talk about schizophrenia and bipolar disorders without having experienced them. 

1 minute ago, 4201 said:

If you've been following the recent events, it's understandable why Leo would want to clearly dissociate himself from mental illnesses for legal and PR reasons. 

I understand this. But millions of responsible people who deal with mental illnesses shouldn't be lumped into the same bag.

@Preety_India His compassion and understanding has probably been exhausted by recent events.  He gives and gives.

???????

Locking this because this thread has veered way off the original topic.

If you want to discuss mental illness start a dedicated thread for that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.