Stewart James

O.M.A.D (One Meal A Day) and fasting for sharper focus.

8 posts in this topic

Hi Leo, I'm interested in whether you hold any sort of spiritual view on Dr Berg's (YT) take on the benefits of one only eating a single meal a day (OMAD).

@Stewart James

Personally I love OMAD or two smaller meals earlier in the day. It certainly seems to give me clarity of mind. You just have to make sure you’re eating enough.

For me one meal a day is too little and creates energy/thermal problems. That's how my metabolism is. Yours is probably different.

I do best on two meals a day.

Stop following diets in the abstract sense and find what works for you specifically. Nothing matters unless it works FOR YOU. Whether it works for others is irrelevant.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’ve felt good on one meal a day if it’s a really large fatty meal with meat and cheese and bread. Thing is though I don’t think it’s the best quality of nutrients but I felt good. Oddly enough I feel sort of bleh on low fat diet where I’m having to eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. I’m gonna stick it more though and see if I feel any long term changes. It’s good for losing excess body fat though which is what I’m doing right now.

Two meals a day I think is an optimum for a spiritual practicioner.

careful with long periods of omad.  it's pretty much starving yourself because it's almost impossible to get enogh calories. I had binge eating disorder because of 1 year of omad.

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay  I was just about to post it :D

First stick to just two meals a day, than you can do some experimentation. If you are working out one meal might not be enough for you. Siim Land is doing OMAD but he also drinks protein shake when working out. 

One meal felt too packed for me, especially when I included a lot of protein. 

Two meals feels perfect in a 20-4 fasting window.