electroBeam

Critique Of Leo's Projection Video

28 posts in this topic

Hi electrobeam

Good on you for going against the grain and having your say.  I didn't think it was hate speech. Whoever said that is over reacting.  I have to admit that when I first read your post I knew it would attract the kinds of reactions that it did because many people appear to be a bit star struck by Leo and look up to him as if he is their saviour so it's only natural that they are going to jump to his defense. I think you made some good points but again it's like anything online, you can take what resonates and leave the rest. 

Ignore all the fanboys and keep doing what is true for you.

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

@Xpansion totally agree. Thanks for the kind words Xpansion!

What's interesting is that nearly every response(not yours) is a projection about me, rather that a discussion about the point I was making. Which is pretty sneaky of 'their egos' considering that the comments made by them actually incorporate quite baseless projections, to try and prove to me that I'm making huge projections; which of course there's no indication of that in my post. 

I also see this in the non-dogma dogma here. There's a push for being non-dogmatic here, and to stop 'living in the realm of words', because that's closed minded, but what people here have to notice is that, that's just another belief. 

I guess the responses are just a reason to show that the point I was raising was in fact a valid point to consider. The ego is very sneaky, you need to take into consideration moral licensing which the community here is so drastically unaware of. 

I make this mistake a lot as well, telling myself that I'm not dogmatic, or I don't make projections, and feeling good about it, when in actuality I'm being the biggest hyppocrit on the planet. I think if we can get past the sort of actions illustrated beautifully by the comments of this post, we are on a pretty good track towards the truth. 

Edited by electroBeam

I didn't watch the video but I trust my intuition..

Edited by Kayako

It's better to burn out than fade away

Healthy conflict is always a very good tool to growth and self awareness.

Videos like this allow us to be self-observant through our self-actualization process; so it is even more valuable; because it's not just informative which creates passive follow but provokes some more reactions which can be seen so can be cleaned out from the path.

8 hours ago, Xpansion said:

Hi electrobeam

Good on you for going against the grain and having your say.  I didn't think it was hate speech. Whoever said that is over reacting. 

Holy fuck thanks you're right. Choosing my wording as "hate" was quite unfortunate. In the end though, what struck me was that he went in quite a depth to just prove how much Leo is projecting in his videos by setting various examples, and I was like... What the fuck =D. Like of course he is! The fuck do you expect? You don't need to be holier than thou to point out dysfunctional patterns. At the same time, it is healthy to be sceptical of what you learn from anyone, not just Leo.
That being said (and this is just my personal view), criticizing (or rather going into so much depth with it) someone who himself promotes skepticism, and gives you loads of beautiful insights for fucking free, to do with them as you find fit, is a huge waste of time.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@electroBeam

The problem isn't making projections. It's believing the projections you made up. The ego gets a lot of hate amongst the spiritual community but let's not forget it is evolved many useful mechanisms. Yes, Leo making projections about his audience helps him target issues more specifically ala the infamous "BUT LEEEEOOO!!" 

But guess what? So what if it it's a projection? Doesn't mean shit as long as you see it for what it is: a projection. And also remember that it is very easy to project and not just of your own volition either. 

Projections are just thoughts and we cant stop them. My take on the video is that Leo was saying to just be aware of your projections.