ilja

Dairy Farmer stopped after transcending on meditation

19 posts in this topic

The video is time stamped

This farmer stopped his dairy production and went vegetarian and eventually vegan after meditation, according to him.

So maybe that says something about some people that think they are highly conscious, but can't handle the idea of veganism on themselves? Not sure. I am not trying to blame anyone.

Edited by ilja
grammar

He looks terrible for his age. What someone looks like when they sabotage there bodies for 40 years. Skin is not supposed to wrinkle, hair is not supposed to fall out... this is all misconceptions of aging. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Pointing to a part to reveal the lack of holism. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, integral said:

He looks terrible for his age. What someone looks like when they sabotage there bodies for 40 years. Skin is not supposed to wrinkle, hair is not supposed to fall out... this is all misconceptions of aging. 

It's wonderful that another member is converted into Veganism, one person at a time.

@Danioover9000 I just see this as green over focusing on a drop and ignoring the ocean. 

17 hours ago, integral said:

lol REALLY? you think he looks like that cause he's vegan? Have you SEEN how people that work on farms or do manual labor usually look when they are old? They all look like that or worse. This is a bizzaro land comment lol. He probably is more healthy than all the smoking and drinking blue collars. 

To operate a Dairy you have to be fairly masochistic. Among different kinds of farmers I would bet the highest number of natural Saints would be among Dairymen. IDK,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot i guess you figured out where it is best to built churches now. just next to the holy dairy farms, amen.

These pesky radicals! How dare they look at animals as if they were individuals deserving of basic forms of respect and well-being?

Glory to Israel

@Zigzag Idiot

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

To operate a Dairy you have to be fairly masochistic. Among different kinds of farmers I would bet the highest number of natural Saints would be among Dairymen. IDK,,,

I think you meant sadist, but if this is your projection then verg interesting trait. xD

@Lyubov lol i agree, but the vegan ideology that watchs that video sees the variables that suit them and nothing else. 

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Zigzag Idiot

I think you meant sadist, but if this is your projection then verg interesting trait. xD

No sir, I definitely meant masochist because of the relentless demands it makes on a person that never seemingly ends ,,,, 7 days a week, weekends, and holidays, etc.,,,

I don’t believe I was projecting either or hope not. It was meant more as speculation or an imaginative conjecture.

A Dairy farmer who turned vegetarian reminds me of the paradoxical nature of awakened people.

I just reread it and saw he shut down his dairy. That makes sense because I don’t think a vegetarian would have the Will and fortitude to operate a Dairy. This isn’t meant as a put down towards vegetarians, though. I appreciate the example and dedication to non-violence they bring to everyone through their embodiment of that choice and way of living.

16 hours ago, ilja said:

@Zigzag Idiot i guess you figured out where it is best to built churches now. just next to the holy dairy farms, amen.

@ilja Churchy religion is for the walking dead.

A Castaneda quote that came to mind-, ,,,,Man has a dark side. It's called stupidity. In the same measure that ritual forced the average man to construct huge churches that were monuments to self-importance and ritual,,,,,,,,
      Ritual can trap our attention better than anything I can think of. But it also demands a very high price. That high price is ,,,,,morbidity; and morbidity could have the heaviest liens and mortgages on our awareness.

The point I was trying to make is that some people who plug along with discipline in shitty conditions can naturally appear higher on the Spiral seemingly all at once.  Among different categories of people in Agriculture, I think those who have Dairys have the most difficult life. Hog farmers may be in the top spot though.
Those who are ranchers like me, are for the most part psychopaths and swaggering egomaniacs with the exception of a small percentage.

The farmer gone green and stoped exploiting the cows.

A enlightened farmed would know that theres nobody to exploit because its everything an illusion.

@Zigzag Idiot

22 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

No sir, I definitely meant masochist because of the relentless demands it makes on a person that never seemingly ends ,,,, 7 days a week, weekends, and holidays, etc.,,,

I don’t believe I was projecting either or hope not. It was meant more as speculation or an imaginative conjecture.

A Dairy farmer who turned vegetarian reminds me of the paradoxical nature of awakened people.

I just reread it and saw he shut down his dairy. That makes sense because I don’t think a vegetarian would have the Will and fortitude to operate a Dairy. This isn’t meant as a put down towards vegetarians, though. I appreciate the example and dedication to non-violence they bring to everyone through their embodiment of that choice and way of living.

Okay, if you say so. I do agree with what you stated. it just makes little sense to me. A masochist derives pleasure from suffering inflicted on the masochist, while the sadist derives pleasure for being the one inflicting suffering to others, so what you said below-

On 5/1/2021 at 8:03 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

-made little sense to me, because that means that I would have to love the suffering inflicted on me by what? Getting used to the smell of bullshit I don't like, having to wake up early to be a farmer, having to operate a tractor to move around have, which I don't like, also having to be responsible for maintaining the cow and dealing with agriculture, labor activities like shoveling dirt and creating rows don't appeal to me. I would have to train myself to like being farmer, even try to be a masochist to cope with the suffering I'm putting myself through, being a farmer and doing farmer actions which I don't resonate with. You understand me here? 

Maybe a better argument you could make for operating a dairy farm is to not only say you have to have a degree of masochism, but a degree of sadism and distortion from culture to operate dairy farms, and some denial as well. The reason it's better for you to include sadism is because you'll have to deal with injecting hormones and vaccines into cows if there are large numbers of them you own, in a large scale dairy farm, or herding the cows, or being the one that decides what cow gets to die. You got to have some degree of deriving pleasure from being the dairy farmer, deciding what gets to die, what gets to be breeding, and so on in order to cope with the situation you are in as a farmer. Also, it's harder for me to make a case against being a sadist than a masochist, because the power dynamic between the cows owned by the farmer is large, it's similar to the dynamic of a master and slave dynamic, having dominion over the cows. I don't see a masochist having dominion, they prefer being submitted more than the one controlling over the other.

Also, it would help to mention distortion and denial as a factor in being a dairy farmer, as there's plenty of things in the dairy farming process, especially at the commercial large scale level, that it would be hard for me to argue against such factors, as these factors help in maintaining your job as a dairy farmer. Understand? If I came off as attacking your position, I wasn't intending for that.

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

made little sense to me, because that means that I would have to love the suffering inflicted on me by what? Getting used to the smell of bullshit I don't like, having to wake up early to be a farmer, having to operate a tractor to move around have, which I don't like, also having to be responsible for maintaining the cow and dealing with agriculture, labor activities like shoveling dirt and creating rows don't appeal to me. I would have to train myself to like being farmer, even try to be a masochist to cope with the suffering I'm putting myself through, being a farmer and doing farmer actions which I don't resonate with. You understand me here? 

Maybe a better argument you could make for operating a dairy farm is to not only say you have to have a degree of masochism, but a degree of sadism and distortion from culture to operate dairy farms, and some denial as well. The reason it's better for you to include sadism is because you'll have to deal with injecting hormones and vaccines into cows if there are large numbers of them you own, in a large scale dairy farm, or herding the cows, or being the one that decides what cow gets to die. You got to have some degree of deriving pleasure from being the dairy farmer, deciding what gets to die, what gets to be breeding, and so on in order to cope with the situation you are in as a farmer.

You’re right in that I wasn’t articulating very well in what was going through my mind. Of course not all Dairymen are alike. There is a wide variety. My reasoning about the natural saint comment was my view that having a Dairy was about the shittiest of occupations in Agriculture. A large part being that the milking schedules are relentless and would drive an ordinary person mad. Everyday is alike more or less. Weekends, holidays, being sick with the flu, it doesn’t matter.

There’s an axiom stated in the Fourth Way that nothing grows a persons being more than having to endure an injustice. That’s the reasoning behind my comment about the result of an occasional Saint.

Instead of speculating on life around a Dairy, I’ll talk about what I know as a now retired rancher. 
Having large numbers of cattle they become quite the opposite of acting domesticated. Being prone to nervousness when they’re gathered into the corral for working. Most of the time I could “tow” the herd by just rattling a feedsack into a catch pen where they could be easily pushed into the lot. For the last 15 years that I was responsible for the herd, I used antibiotics just a handful f times. It was a very rare occasion. Didn’t use growth hormones either. My philosophy was feed them well and have them fat going into winter. Being healthy, their immune system handled all the problems. If they had to endure freezing rain and sleet, I would put out a liquid feed just ahead of the bad weather that really helped build heat in their body core. 
Most of the ranchers I was aquatinted with knew the value in handling their cattle as gently as possible. Regardless though, with large numbers the situation in the lot while working them was often quite intense.  I was the one who always did the castrating by knife. It was a bloody job that inflicted pain that I got absolutely no joy out of doing it. Just the opposite. Animal rights people have often claimed that banding the young bull calves was the most humane. I think that’s a bunch of horseshit. I could usually have their nuts cut off and out of the headgate in less than 90 seconds. Compare that to having to watch them walk stiff legged around with a heavy rubber band around their nuts that are swollen and slowly rotting off after a few weeks. Of course nobody would like to choose but If it were me, I’d ask for the knife instead of banding. It’s not a simple equation though either because an inexperienced person doing the castrating with a knife, it can go on and on and on with blood squirting everywhere and the calf bawling and screaming for all they’re worth. It can really be gruesome.  In general I would say that kids who grew up on a ranch were usually more humane towards the animals than those who didn’t.

I had to carry out some gruesome tasks now and then as a rancher but I never got any enjoyment out of it. Usually it made me want to go get drunk.
I’m sure there’s a percentage that have more than a small degree of sadist tendencies. Usually it’s younger folks from what I’ve seen. But respectfully I disagree about sadist tendencies being that widespread as a whole.

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Maybe a better argument you could make for operating a dairy farm is to not only say you have to have a degree of masochism, but a degree of sadism and distortion from culture to operate dairy farms, and some denial as well.

I wholeheartedly agree with the denial part. Lots one lots of self denial and refusing to stray from the narratives they grew up with and the justifications over ways in which they go about their way of life which year by year an increase in their overall vested interests is just about a given.

? I’ve enjoyed the exchange,,,,