Joscha

Taking Psychedelics safely

47 posts in this topic

@Joscha Do some research on MDMA. It’s amazing for healing after previous bad trips. If you have a trip sitter and measure the dose correctly, it’s been super safe for me and a lot less scary than other psychedelics. 

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

For fucking real. It’s like thinking “heaven and hell swapping places” is “good” or something. The intensity of that fear can probably even give the body physical health problems lol

You are more experienced than me, but still, everything is Goodness and Love. I would have to trip on ultra-heroic doses like 10g of shrooms or 500 mcg of LSD to lose control so much that I can't rationalize the experience in that way. Then I guess it would be random whether it's a good or bad trip.

But on lower doses? I don't think I will ever encounter a "bad" trip on them, even though it could still be an experience full of physical and mental suffering. Insights about suffering, pain and fear are valuable and make it a productive trip in the end.

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

You are more experienced than me, but still, everything is Goodness and Love. I would have to trip on ultra-heroic doses like 10g of shrooms or 500 mcg of LSD to lose control so much that I can't rationalize the experience in that way. Then I guess it would be random whether it's a good or bad trip.

But on lower doses? I don't think I will ever encounter a "bad" trip on them, even though it could still be an experience full of physical and mental suffering. Insights about suffering, pain and fear are valuable and make it a productive trip in the end.

Bad-trips are not wrong-trips, but they’re not right-trips. So, too, for good trips. The best trip is a trip for which you don’t know just how good it is. Every forum post is mere belief-art, this is entirely false, and this is a belief as well.

The same thing seems to be true for existence.

The above statement is again, a false claim.

And so on.

This is how Reality works — of course not! But it serves as a means of me-survival (it doesn’t).

Edited by The0Self

@Advocate Oh thats nice, thank you! I've used it once and loved it, maybe a bit too much :D Maybe I will look into it again.

@Breakingthewall I deleted it but I can share what happened here again:

I took about 600ug. It all started quite beautiful. I was entering what I can only describe as "heaven". I was on the balcony of my house. Everything was very silent. The sound of a pigeon flying and how beautiful that was is something I won't forget. Everything was so complete and perfect. It was like everything was holy. It was like meeting God. It the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. No words to describe it.

I lay down on my bed later when I started feeling a bit less good. I would get lost in thought loops. And then it started getting horrible. Its really difficult to describe but it was like I was experiencing the most horrifying aggression inside. Violence, evil and deeply seated fear. It is what I imagine hell to be like. I would get these visions of horrible things that are quite blurry now. The most horrible thing was that I would get in and out of this hell. Each time I went "up", I would cling to a feeling of safety, only to dive down again. It was like experiencing heaven and hell in alternation. But this time heaven was also very exhausting because I was so afraid of "going back down".

The most horrible thing was seeing all of this evil and realising that I did not know anymore if I could control myself. I noticed that I had absolutely lost my rational mind. After enduring this up and down for some time I started screaming for my roommates. I got up and when they came I close the door to my room. At this point I was freaking out and looking around the room. I saw scissors, so I opened the door a little bit, threw them out and closed it again. My roommates, at this point, started freaking out too. I was so afraid of doing something to me in order to stop the trip. Slowly I realised that I would loose more and more control over my own actions. I saw my life flash before me. How my life all culminated in this trip on which I died. Killed myself. It was a very hopeless, scary feeling.

I ran down past my roommates into the yard and closed the door. I was also afraid of hurting them because I didn't know how irrational I would become, so I kept trying to keep them away. Then I started banging my head against the wall. I feel like puking when I remember this. I so badly wanted to become unconscious. But it didn't work. So I ran back inside into the kitchen knife and took a knife. My roommates had already called an ambulance but it was still far. I half heartedly rammed the knife into my stomach, because I didn't really want to die, I just wanted to be unconscious. But in my mind dying was the only way. Luckily I got barely hurt.

Other friends came over and started pinning me down, which I requested. I was so split in those moments. There was a self that was quite clear and trying to find solutions. It was a fight between the most insane parts and more sane parts idk. I also realised how much physical power and energy is in you. Its quite scary how strong a body really is and I am not very muscular. My friends could barely control me. I was really afraid of escaping the house and walking towards the next street but they kept it controlled. Eventually police came and pinned me down more effectively. This was probably the moment of my life in which I felt the most relief ever. I was so sure I was going to die that day. An ambulance was also there and they gave me a benzo I think, which calmed me. I was transported in handcuffs and like a body restrainer thing in an ambulance to the next psychiatric clinic, where I stayed for the next few days. 

--- I hope this won't make any ppl avoid psychedelics. 90% of my psychedelic experiences were amazing. It was just the 10% where I was stupid and it quickly turned into a nightmare. So don't be stupid like me :)

@Joscha @Joscha thanks for sharing! 

I think that if on that trip you had had a close person with experience in psychedelics, the hellish situation would have lessened by 80%

@Joscha i have found your report very inspiring. has a simple message: if you want to enter heaven you have to be ego free, otherwise you will fall into hell. i'm sure if i d take 600ug of lsd like you i would visit hell, it needs a previous big work