Zion

Can you be happy & fully enlightened?

27 posts in this topic

Perfect at spewing nonsense, probably.

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

explain-01.gif

- - - - - -

Your question would make a lot more sense if you asked: Can you be happy and not fully enlightened?

If you can't be happy with full enlightenment then you truly are fucked and there is no God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:16 AM, Zion said:

Since it's currently inevitable to pursue enlightenment through the restricted human form, what is the real point of pursuing enlightenment if happiness cannot consistently coincide?

Does enlightenment lead to a permanent ability to manifest happiness?

Does enlightenment create an understanding of true everlasting happiness?

Can enlightenment facilitate eternal happiness by being fully encompassed in it?

Sometimes my ego gets heavily involved & I struggle to see the end goal. It merely seems like enlightenment is simply the pursuit of absolute understanding of reality. If you understand everything, what is there to do with it other than to use your ego/self to utilize it for human gain? And if you don't understand everything, what is the point of using your time to seek it (We supposedly will understand it either way after death)? How is the pursuit of enlightenment not a means of the ego striving to feel more certain about reality? I understand I am very ignorant in many ways, as I'm not even close to being at the highest levels of enlightenment. I feel like I'm going to end up missing all the egoic desires I haven't yet experienced whilst being in the state I'm in. How do I know that enlightenment will be more fulfilling than my ego's pursuits? How do you compare the two? Enlightenment in the beginning is pure faith/blind-trust & I'm getting anxious about losing all the great pleasures that the majority of my environment advocates for. Especially because I haven't yet experienced them. I mean I'm in my early 20s & there's so many things I haven't even come to enjoy or understand yet. It also seems like a "all or nothing" mindset to spend the majority of your time pursuing enlightenment & ignoring the reality you currently understand, isn't an "all or nothing" mindset not healthy? 

There is a level of peace to be had within an ignorant mind. As the saying goes; "Ignorance is bliss"

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks :)

Hey, thanks for sharing your contemplative mind with us!

I believe you can. And my answer to three or your questions would be "Yes"

I personally believe that Knowledge Is Bliss.

Ignorance brings instability and chaos.

Your very first question is coming from a place of Duality, I believe... not sure... maybe Leo can elaborate more...

But, yeah man , that's advanced spiritual thinking

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Enlightment the unveiling of who you are.

You don't experience happiness you are happiness.

Do that what makes you happy and you are on the road to enlightment.

Amazing answers from all of you, thank you!

@Zion

On 29/04/2021 at 8:16 AM, Zion said:

Since it's currently inevitable to pursue enlightenment through the restricted human form, what is the real point of pursuing enlightenment if happiness cannot consistently coincide?

Does enlightenment lead to a permanent ability to manifest happiness?

Does enlightenment create an understanding of true everlasting happiness?

Can enlightenment facilitate eternal happiness by being fully encompassed in it?

Sometimes my ego gets heavily involved & I struggle to see the end goal. It merely seems like enlightenment is simply the pursuit of absolute understanding of reality. If you understand everything, what is there to do with it other than to use your ego/self to utilize it for human gain? And if you don't understand everything, what is the point of using your time to seek it (We supposedly will understand it either way after death)? How is the pursuit of enlightenment not a means of the ego striving to feel more certain about reality? I understand I am very ignorant in many ways, as I'm not even close to being at the highest levels of enlightenment. I feel like I'm going to end up missing all the egoic desires I haven't yet experienced whilst being in the state I'm in. How do I know that enlightenment will be more fulfilling than my ego's pursuits? How do you compare the two? Enlightenment in the beginning is pure faith/blind-trust & I'm getting anxious about losing all the great pleasures that the majority of my environment advocates for. Especially because I haven't yet experienced them. I mean I'm in my early 20s & there's so many things I haven't even come to enjoy or understand yet. It also seems like a "all or nothing" mindset to spend the majority of your time pursuing enlightenment & ignoring the reality you currently understand, isn't an "all or nothing" mindset not healthy? 

There is a level of peace to be had within an ignorant mind. As the saying goes; "Ignorance is bliss"

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks :)

These are all questions that have to do with doing more than being, enlightenment is all about being. Keep it up though good luck on your quest.