Ross

Missed A Day Of Mediation

10 posts in this topic

I was meditating consistently for months until one day I forgot to meditate, does this mean all the work from meditation from these months has gone down the sink?

@Ross no of course, thinking like that , your ego is just bullshiting you. Remember that you are doing this meditation for long term purposes. I might say meditation should be your habit now for the rest of your life. Keep meditating, keep it easy, take care of your body:)

9 hours ago, Ross said:

I was meditating consistently for months until one day I forgot to meditate, does this mean all the work from meditation from these months has gone down the sink?

You fucked up´d. Ur life is ruined now and you will burn on eternal hell.

In a more serious note, if you are that attached to meditation, you should probably drop it.

1 hour ago, Richard Alpert said:

You fucked up´d. Ur life is ruined now and you will burn on eternal hell.

In a more serious note, if you are that attached to meditation, you should probably drop it.

Careful! OP might become attached to dropping things... still an attachment :P

Firstly your idea that you are continuously progressing somehow from mediation is completely delusional. Secondly your being very neurotic about it which indicates it may not be helping you that much.

I'd suggest asking yourself why any clocked mediation work has any importance on the present moment. The present moment is the only thing that is important ? I've had the same sort of neurotic outlook on mediation in the past but it gets to a point where you know it's just a bullshit story your telling yourself. 

mediation is means to be still in the present moment thats all even you can be in that state all the times without doing meditation ritual.

You can expect to fail many times during the first few months, don't blame yourself for it and just keep doing it until it becomes totally natural.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 29 October 2016 at 11:25 AM, Ross said:

What do you think the answer to that question is?   Do you really believe that?

It is not  a linear path. It's about quality not quantity. It's about letting go not achieving. It's about being present not getting somewhere.  It's a practice not a fix.  It's not about sitting on a cushion for an hour it's about making your entire life a meditation.

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.