SamC

How many hours is sustainble to work per day?

8 posts in this topic

Where do you draw the line? @Leo Gura has many times talked about the need to rest and slow down, which I totally agree with but a part of me just wants to push even harder. I mean, look at this crazy savage for example

I get that I need to discover this for myself but I would love to hear some of your opinions and point of view on the matter.

Where do you draw your line, Leo? Any tips, or pieces of advice on how to determine how much you should work?

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Should is just another word for ? Do what drives you. Be what brings you peace. Love what resonates. You are the Storyteller, so tell the best damn story every told.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Work can be practicing an instrument, learn a specific skill, making decisions, reading news articles, filming a video, going to a networking event, or having a meeting with coworkers/partners/investors.

If you mix it up in a juicy way you can do more than 12 hours no problem.

Also add some sweet sweet vacation for one to four weeks every now and then for that special cherry on top.

I think variety matters, it gets boring to do the same thing for too long.

Also how easy it is to progress and how immediate feedback is. You can definitely play video games for 12 hours a day ;)

@SamC It's a great question, before making money I worked too much and now I just strive for flow so it doesn't even feel like work.

Love and Life

Honestly, this is a personal thing.  And it does depend on how much you like what you’re doing.  I can easily write for hours and hours.  But at the same time, if I do this everyday, on top of working a full time job, and I never make time to read fiction, watch movies, hang out with friends, I do burn out.  For me, learning to recognize my burn out before it’s too late has been crucial.  If I start feeling burnt out. I take a break, or I do something to take care of myself.  I try to set a reasonable schedule to these breaks are packaged in, and I can budget my time for them.  But sometimes I over-estimate my abilities to work for long hours, and I have to take a break so I don’t damage my mental health or my passion for my craft.

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

It varies widely from person to person and from job to job. I know people who do what they love, creative work in making illustrations on the computer and they effortlessly work every day from 9 am to 9 pm. But for me anything more than about 8 hours a day has its effects long term, you eventually break down after a few years. It’s important to stay relaxed and at peace.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna