The0Self

One phrase for Christ Consciousness

14 posts in this topic

“If I were you, I’d be doing the exact same thing!”

The devil is cast out of heaven to deceive the world. The ego is The Lie.

40 minutes ago, The0Self said:

“If I were you, I’d be doing the exact same thing!”

Yeah. Here we have it. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

18 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yeah. Here we have it. 

:x
The devil brought into the light is beautiful, and served to God.

Christ Consciousness:

Everyone is You, so to harm another would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

The common conclusion of this realization: 

Do no harm. 

A different perspective: 

To stop shooting yourself in the foot, you have to make violence your enemy which would be to reject an aspect of yourself. One of the most evil things is the attempt to snuff out evil wherever you find it. If this pursuit were ever fully successful, a key part of the drama would be lost. We find ourselves in a fight to the death. Life is a gladiator arena. The beauty is, even death is safe. Permanent harm cannot done, but impermanent harm is inescapable. The impermanent harm allows us to appreciate our state of permanent safety. All gladiators in the arena wish to remove the weapons from their competitor’s hands while convincing themselves and their foes that they are the one whose weapon is nothing to worry about. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

3 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Christ Consciousness:

Everyone is You, so to harm another would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

The common conclusion of this realization: 

Do no harm. 

A different perspective: 

To stop shooting yourself in the foot, you have to make violence your enemy which would be to reject an aspect of yourself. One of the most evil things is the attempt to snuff out evil wherever you find it. If this pursuit were ever fully successful, a key part of the drama would be lost. We find ourselves in a fight to the death. Life is a gladiator arena. The beauty is, even death is safe. Permanent harm cannot done, but impermanent harm is inescapable. The impermanent harm allows us to appreciate our state of permanent safety. All gladiators in the arena wish to remove the weapons from their competitor’s hands while convincing themselves and their foes that they are the one whose weapon is nothing to worry about. 

Perfect ? 

Edited by The0Self

I Will Fear No Evil

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Leo.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Do unto others as you would yourself and forgive them for they know not what they do

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

@Wilhelm44  that's a good koan too, as Alan Watts pointed out. How can you command love? Who is commanding who? My answer: there is only love, there is only Christ consciousness, yet it veils itself from itself. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 25/04/2021 at 7:01 AM, Wilhelm44 said:

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Assuming, of course, you love yourself

On 25/04/2021 at 11:01 AM, Wilhelm44 said:

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Please help me out as I see a contradiction, as in the Bible it is written that we are not necessarily expected to follow the Law, as long as we have faith. "Justified by faith". The way I understand it, the only law worth following is the Law of Love and the rest is just noise. For example you would not do evil things if you follow the law of love, which is not a written law, its the law of the heart. 

God is way beyond the human understanding and beyond human authority. 

From Wiki:

"It was Paul who developed the term justification in the theology of the church. Justification is a major theme of the epistles to the Romans and to the Galatians in the New Testament, and is also given treatment in many other epistles. In Romans, Paul develops justification by first speaking of God's just wrath at sin (Romans 1:18–3:20). Justification is then presented as the solution for God's wrath (Romans 3:21–26, Romans 5:1). One is said to be 'justified by faith apart from works of the Law' (Romans 3:28). Further, Paul writes of sin and justification in terms of two men, Adam and Christ (Romans 5). Through Adam, sin came into the world bringing death; through Jesus, righteousness came into the world, bringing justification unto life (Romans 5:15–17). In this connection, Paul speaks of Adam's sin being 'imputed' or 'accounted' (Greek ελλογειται) and speaks of justification as acting in analogy to sin (Romans 5:13; Romans 5:18). In chapter 8, Paul connects justification with predestination and glorification (Romans 8:30). He further states that those who are justified cannot be separated from the love of Christ (Romans 8:33–39). Several of these passages are central in the debate between Roman Catholics, and the various streams of Protestantism (while there is broad agreement on justification by faith, there is no complete doctrinal uniformity on justification among all Protestant denominations), who can understand them in quite different ways. In Galatians, Paul emphatically rejects justification by works of the Law, a rejection sparked apparently by a controversy concerning the necessity of circumcision for salvation (Galatians 2:16, Galatians 5:4; see also Romans 5:1–12 and Council of Jerusalem). He also adds that the only thing that counts is the "faith [which] works by love"(Galatians 5:6)."

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 25/04/2021 at 9:08 AM, goldpower123 said:

Do unto others as you would yourself and forgive them for they know not what they do

The good for the human is the evil for the chicken... Does others relate to only humans here, or all animals. To amoebas? Where do we draw the line, sentience maybe? Balance is not at all easy, we usually only think about ourselves when talking about things like that and in the process we pull the rug towards us and all the animals have no cover.... As a human race, we think the absolute good == absolute good for humans, when we are just a piece of the jigsaw... 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟