SQAAD

Just a Rant about the Absurdity of Modern Intellectuals

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

@GirzoNope, Sadhguru is certainly a part of the New Age movement, along with guys like Eckhart Tolle and Mooji.

That might be good, his influence over his own country at least, but as far as teachings go I haven't found a single valuable piece of wisdom from him. Westerners like his "esoteric teachings" but if it's so good then why does he keep pumping out the same content as if it's a business? Which might be what his work really is.

Maybe this won’t impress or interest you, but I found this video of Sadhguru a couple days ago which I appreciated the depth of. I generally found him underwhelming and didn’t resonate with him much before either, but  I think he is overall a positive influence and a good gateway and introduction to spirituality in the same way as Eckhart Tolle for a lot of people.

https://youtu.be/DX3BW-HJCJI

To be fair, one could say the same thing about Leo as far as the business and similar content goes. Leo’s content is more diverse, but ultimately he is talking about the same thing or few things much of the time. Don’t demonize business. Teachers who offer entirely free services are great, but they typically become quite limited in the scope of who they can reach due to lack of resources. I’m not saying Sadhguru is running his business in a proper way that is conducive to spirituality — I haven’t researched his case enough to say. It does seem beneficial and rather genuine on the surface judging from some legitimate testimonies I’ve seen though. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

40 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Is it possible to access God's IQ, or Any quality then Apply it here being humam being? For example the IQ i am exhibiting God like IQ, or like i am expressing God's Charisma, God's Thick Face Black heart etc. Can i access a thing part of God then be functional and apply it here on Life? 

I think your main question is really “can my human form express the absolute highest attributes of God?” That’s probably not going to be too realistic in certain domains, but to deny the possibility would also be foolish in my opinion. Many of these things can be experienced internally, but to reproduce something like this to feed the ego’s purposes is going to likely gum up the whole operation. Most interactions with these higher aspects I’ve had have been produced with intent behind them, but the human will was usually ineffective to bring any of this about. Usually it was an accident that I was hoping would happen which usually happens quite differently than I would have anticipated. 

All qualities of God are exhibited through Existence itself already. God’s IQ is expressed equivalently in both someone with brain damage and Albert Einstein. Anything your ego sees as being beneath God is actually an expression of God.

For example if we are to consider infinite intelligence numerically (which is kind of bad form to do so, but anyway), infinity does not just include the highest values that seem to be beyond current human potential. It includes all values, even those far beneath a human’s current potential. God is doing all of this. You are already doing all of this. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

19 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Don’t demonize business.

Don't tell me what to do without providing a concrete reason not to do so.

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Just now, Megan Alecia said:

Don't tell me what to do without providing a concrete reason not to do so.

I wasn’t trying to be pushy, but I recognize how it might seem so. The concrete reason is that without the infrastructure created by all different arrays of businesses humanity would not possess the same capacity to evolve spiritually. Right now we’re communicating on a spiritual sub forum that is financially supported by less spiritually-focused business products and services such as Leo’s life purpose course. We’re using devices created by businesses to access information for our spiritual growth. The list goes on and on. Business is really just a subset of survival. Without the survival benefits of business, we’d find ourselves in a place where growth and development were likely much less within our grasp. 

@BipolarGrowth it's not about business in general, but the way he produces so much content. Compare this to someone like Robert greene's channel. Or chuck palahniuk (who doesn't even have a channel.) Sadhguru turned his mysticism into a business, and only time will tell if he actually provided anything meaningful or not.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Megan Alecia I see what you mean here. There can certainly be inauthenticity in things such as this, but the business and amount of content seem to allow him to reach many more people with the value he is trying to provide. If it were discovered that he was using business for his own profit rather than a means to have greater positive impact, this would certainly be problematic. I have seen some information about his past that seems a bit dishonest such as him not giving credit to a significant guru of his, but many people report finding growth through his work too. My main point with this was that the operation of a business itself does not inherently degrade a spiritual teacher or their teachings, but it could be that this is what is taking place in the case of Sadhguru. If that’s what your intuition and analysis is showing you, trust that. 

4 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

@BipolarGrowth it's not about business in general, but the way he produces so much content. Compare this to someone like Robert greene's channel. Or chuck palahniuk (who doesn't even have a channel.) Sadhguru turned his mysticism into a business, and only time will tell if he actually provided anything meaningful or not.

And what is Leo doing?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

And what is Leo doing?

Sleeping. It's 02:15 in Vegas.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.