Carl-Richard

MBTI Examples Mega-Thread

30 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a suitable place to post this, so I guess I'll start this mega-thread. I know most of the submissions will be inaccurate, but that is unavoidable.

Post videos of what you think are good examples of MBTI types. Explanations including cognitive functions are appreciated.

My favorite one: Noam Chomsky (INFJ) explains why he doesn't like Slavoj Zizek and Michel Foucault (both ENTP), shaming their Ne-Ti tendencies towards obscure theories and using fancy words while asking "what use does it have?", all in 4 blistering minutes:

I forgot he was INFJ, not INTJ. Still, even though Te is most commonly associated with the statement of "what use does it have?", Fe is also an extroverted judging function, which can have similar expressions as Te in a lot of cases (especially in how he talks about the importance of being understood over using fancy words — Fe caring about other people).

And this is the most ENTP conversation I've ever come across: exploring topics at the speed of light, Ne>Ti (no debate screeching):

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Haha this is how I'm all the time, described in this video. He described me 100%.

The most beautiful part was when he said INTPs find themselves walking in circles. 

And I often do that and catch myself doing it and asking myself - why am I walking in circles? 

xDxDxD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I only recently discovered ENFP, and Im amazed how well Michael Scott represents me

As an ENFP, I can relate to him 100%, when it comes to personality traits we are the same man. And he is pretty memorable character

Edited by Hansu

Omg you have to watch this. It's so accurate. Noam Chomsky (INFJ) explains why he doesn't like Slavoj Zizek and Michel Foucault (both ENTP), shaming their Ne-Ti tendencies towards using fancy words and obscure theories while asking "what use does it have?", all in 4 blistering minutes:

I forgot he was INFJ, not INTJ. Still, even though Te is most commonly associated with the statement of "what use does it have?", Fe is also an extroverted judging function, which can have similar expressions as Te in a lot of cases (especially in how he talks about the importance of being understood over using fancy words — Fe caring about other people).

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard

When your city needs public transit and housing and Slavoj is talking about Seinfeld's unintended Stalinist message.

4 minutes ago, Epikur said:

@Carl-Richard When your city needs public transit and housing and Slavoj is talking about Seinfeld's unintended Stalinist message.

???

Chomsky's an INTP.

The man is no strategist and planner.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Just now, Megan Alecia said:

@Carl-Richard A divine mystery you got there

INFJ has tert Ti which could explain why you pick up on some INTP vibes.

45 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

The man is no strategist and planner.

INFJ's Ni dominance is already very future oriented. Add an aux extroverted judging function (Fe) and you got a powerful drive towards manifestation.

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

INFJ has tert Ti which could explain why you pick up on some INTP vibes

He leads with Ti. Chomsky is a concrete guy. He doesn't like continental philosophy, as he said on the video you posted.

Ni is all about the abstract. The meaning behind phenomena--what makes an apple fall from a tree? Hmm, must be gravity. What could be done with this and that, assuming that this and that are finite forms, and could always be improved upon/at least hiding unknown things behind it? Chomsky doesn't talk about these things, I mean he never had any Ni insights about 9/11 or Obama's presidency or even the Trump presidency. He's all about the concrete facts, the structure of things and truth as it correlates to what people do in positions of power (Ti+Ne).

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Hm, I guessed Chomsky as INFJ from vibes. I didn't get INTP vibes. Not that this is an argument, just usually how I type people. However I am not familiar with Chomsky. 

I saw you guys mentioned Chomsky, and I randomly remembered this which I watched once.

04:13 he references a debate between Foucalt and Chomsky, and a minute later into the video 05:23 he talks about Chomsky.

Probably just watch the video from the beginning to understand his formulation of Ne vs Ni. This dude was the only MBTI channel I needed. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Megan Alecia said:

He leads with Ti. Chomsky is a concrete guy. He doesn't like continental philosophy, as he said on the video you posted.

Then how come Zizek and Foucault which he criticized in the video (both continental philosophers) are both NeTi (ENTP)?

1 hour ago, Megan Alecia said:

I'm a Ni-dom and Chomsky doesn't use it. He barely talks about metaphysical stuff

Ni is all about the abstract. The meaning behind phenomena--what makes an apple fall from a tree? Hmm, must be gravity.

I wouldn't equate "abstract" with "meaning behind phenomena" nor assign any of those to just Ni, because 1. all intuitive functions (Ne and Ni) are dealing with abstractions (it's sensing functions like Si and Se that are more concrete), and 2. INTPs (like Leo) and INFPs (like myself) are very concerned with meaning, metaphysics etc. (xiNe).

A better word to describe Ti other than "concrete" would be... well, "introverted, logical decision-making", as it's an introverted judging function. Ti describes a particular way that information is processed after being gathered from the perceiving functions (Ne/Ni/Se/Si) and used to make decisions, and those decisions can be just as much about concrete matters (sensory/physical stuff) as abstract matters (intuitive/mental stuff) :)

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard You? INFP? Lmao. I wouldn't have guessed that from your posts. But I guess INTP and INFP do have some similarity. What's your enneagram? Type 5? Both INFP and INTP can be that type

I remember there was a brief period of time I thought I was INFP, but that was just me discovering more aspects about myself. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Carl-Richard You? INFP? Lmao. I wouldn't have guessed that from your posts. But I guess INTP and INFP do have some similarity. What's your enneagram? Type 5? Both INFP and INTP can be that type

Yes, they're very similar actually. Fi is just misunderstood. I test 60/40 INFP/INTP, but Fi just explains me too well.

I haven't gotten into enneagram yet, but I've been wanting to for a while. Maybe I'll take the test for it soon :)

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard Ah right I see. And yeah, definitely a lot of similarity in INTP vs INFP. Some of my best friends have been INFP, so I know the differences are there albeit lots of similarity. They have a slightly different kind of individuality, and disdain for authority. 

With enneagram, each type is often described with what core fear it has. So the model lends itself to formulating self-improvement more easily imo. In regards to facing and confronting that fear. 

Also with enneagram, each type has a "stress point" ( A type they act like when stressed) and a "relaxed point" (A type they act like when evolved/relaxed). For type 5, the stress point and relaxed point types ( unhealthy type 7 and healthy 8 respectively) perfectly describe me. 

Other than that, I don't know much about enneagram. Just those brief things. 

Edited by lmfao

@lmfao Seems like I'm 5w4

Great example of INTJ's Fe blindspot. Eric Weinstein gets a lot of critique for the way he chooses to explain his theory of Geometric Unity. You can see this under literally every Joe Rogan appearance ("he is a conman", "he intentionally uses jargon to sound smart" "he likes to hear himself talk" etc.), but what is interesting here is that it's coming from a highly esteemed physicist (in other words, it's not simply that it's a complex theory):  

58:48 "Nobody knows what you are talking about"

Edited by Carl-Richard

Good example of why ENFP and INFJ are considered a best match; the dance of divergent and convergent intuition (Ne and Ni).

Ne takes one topic and connects it with other topics in a movement of expansion, and Ni takes those topics and strings them all together into a narrative. Then Ne uses that as a springboard to other subjects and the cycle continues. This is the essence of the dialectical movement (constructive and complementary discourse): divergence and convergence, elaboration and condensation, analysis and synthesis, fragmentation and integration.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Adventurer YouTubers — ISFP (FiSe)

The clearest distinction of INFP vs INTP comes from their journals. Its unmistakable what the INFP is focusing on and what the INTP is focusing on. INTPs NEVER write about their feelings. While the INFP that's about all they write about. 

INTPs NEVER write about their romance fantasies, their is no dating struggle to find the perfect match, no identity struggle, will never write about how someone made them feel or make a list of all the things they like and don't like.

NEVER lol 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?