Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilhelm44

Core difference between wealth consciousness and poverty consciousness

17 posts in this topic

What is the main underlying difference between wealth consciousness and poverty consciousness ? 

Edited by Wilhelm44

Abundance mindset vs. Scarcity mindset perhaps?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

7 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Abundance mindset vs. Scarcity mindset perhaps?

Yes I agree, and I often wonder what would be the best way of teaching an abundance mindset to someone living in a slum ?

6 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

What's really important is class consciousness.  

Do you mean like a fake loyalty to a certain class which can keep one from progressing in life ? Like the belief that the middle class is good and the rich are bad ? 

If a person is really conscious, I don't think he would mind whether being rich or poor.

However, teaching someone from the slums to live consciously is extremely hard! The reason that person probably lives in the slums in itself might be a result of the various limitations in his beliefs, habits and mindset. You would have to talk with that person for long periods of time to see what his self-limiting beliefs are and then think of a way to help train him to get out of that situation. It's already hard enough to improve ourselves sometimes. Changing someone else's life? Near impossible.

Why are you interested in this question though?

@ted73104 I think even the most conscious person would prefer to see a thriving planet. And I feel that we change each other's lives in bigger and smaller ways all the time. What fascinates me about this question relates to the predictions about the next Golden Age on earth. I love imagining how this transition will happen. True wealth conscious of course goes way beyond just financial wealth. Yet it would be amazing if there was a way to teach abundance mindset in such a way that even children in the poorest communities could grasp it instantaneously.  

@Husseinisdoingfine  And of course one way of seeing through the illusion of that divide, is to do something for a living that one is passionate about, which feels more like play than work. 

39 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Deeply false, there are clear dynamics being played of the class of people who own and those who work for those who own

This is not a statement about an amount of money

simply doing something you love for a living is not going to erase this ingrained systemic social dynamic

Yes, but the more people begin to wake up in mass and take back their power by realizing that they can make a good living by expressing their authentic true selves, the faster the old world master/slave system will become a thing of the past. Our collective consciousness as a species created that system in ignorance, but our collective consciousness can also redream a new world, perhaps much faster than we think. 

Somewhat related to the topic my brother was in a backwards school where he got punished for effort.

That is the reason he thought effort is not worth it though he only did stuff when the fear was so overwhelming that he put some effort into it.

I think most people have been programmed bad when they were young. So it is hard to turn around later on.

It is about the mental algorithm.

@Epikur I agree, we have so much subtle and not so subtle childhood programming around wealth. Like the kid who sees a rich uncle being mean to someone, and then making a childhood vow to avoid wealth so as not to become a 'mean' person one day. Or parents telling their kids that being a business person simply doesn't run in the family. It's all a mental algorithm for sure, which simply needs to be seen with the clear light of awareness in order to unravel. 

Edited by Wilhelm44

@Wilhelm44

So it makes sense to look for the holy grail of programming people. Though it does not look like it is an easy task. 

One wonders how some dogs could be trained so good so we can learn from the methods. There was one helping dog who could not socialize with other dogs. I guess he became so good in his job that he became bad in other parts. He became basically a workaholic nerdig dog. Though there was a happy ending he could befriend cats. Still it should be possible to learn from these dog trainers. 

@Epikur I like what he said about not just going for purely positive training, ie still having the ability to say no.  Applied to humans, it reminds me of the concept that the mind needs to be a servant not a master. And it also got me thinking about the pleasure/reinforcement issue, ie where we get our dopamine hits from. Ideally we would want all areas of our life to become orgasmic in a sense. That would be true wealth. ie no separation.

If you take people in an isolated area who don't know that they don't have much, there is very little angst about it and their ability to find joy and feel abundance and appreciation over little things is well developed. They also don't really know what's possible for them, this can be good or bad when judging the situation in terms of general development of a person or a community. By using awareness you can be aware of anything, and use it to allow joy in anything. No matter where you are there is always wealth of something and lack of something as according to the comparing, thinking mind, and you have the power to focus on either. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Deeply false, there are clear dynamics being played of the class of people who own and those who work for those who own

Marxism is just an outdated, bad model to apply in the 21st century US, where key issues are not "ownership of the means of production" (cringe) but rather public sector vs. private sector, local industry vs. globalized industry, trade policy, environmental policy, immigration policy, what to do about the rise of automation, etc.  Arguably the real class warfare is waged by the "Green" left and techno-utopians on the private sector working class, who ultimately want them automated out of jobs completely, receiving a UBI and shutting up and letting them have total power to do everything they want to remake society in their image.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, Wilhelm44 said:

What is the main underlying difference between wealth consciousness and poverty consciousness ? 

Before wealth is possible you need to believe that it's possible?

Edited by Haumea2018

@mandyjw  Wow, so paradoxically it could actually be easier to teach an abundance mindset to a kid living in a slum, than it might be to a child growing up in the suburbs. And it could be as simple as designing a fun game which encourages the child to notice the abundance of life all around and within on a daily basis.

@Haumea2018   True, so it all comes down to seeing through childhood decisions which may have given us the belief that it's not possible.