Mohammad

Manufacturing consent

40 posts in this topic

So I came across this video, it has very good info and insights about how the media gives people what they want, no matter what the truth is, and how they create this illusion of right vs left to gain more profit:

Edited by Mohammad

Try to feel his close-mindedness. 

6 hours ago, Mohammad said:

So I came across this video, it has very good info and insights about how the media gives people what they want, no matter what the truth is, and how they create this illusion of right vs left to gain more profit:

No I refuse to believe that

You can pretty much trust the media. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Depends on which media. For example I wouldn't trust Fox News because theyre heavily biased but I would trust Reuters because theyre very objective. But it depends on what I want, sometimes Im in an angry anti-corporate mood then I will want some pretty leftist media.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

Depends on which media. For example I wouldn't trust Fox News because theyre heavily biased but I would trust Reuters because theyre very objective. But it depends on what I want, sometimes Im in a angry anti-corporate then I will want some pretty leftist media.

What about CNN? 

Just now, Preety_India said:

What about CNN? 

Theyre decent I guess but I dont watch them, I dont need to, there are much better news sites out there. But if I want to get a gist of a situation theyre okay, for in depth analysis? No.

@Rilles I think they are fairly decent.. I don't understand the hoopla around all the whole fake news. 

Kinda silly. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

@Rilles I think they are fairly decent.. I don't understand the hoopla around all the whole fake news. 

Kinda silly. 

Its not necessarily fake news, Its also how they paint a situation and what they leave out of the story, and how much of their own opinion they put into it. I definitely wouldnt call CNN fake news, fake news is more like Breitbart and Infowars, you can tell just by visiting the front page on Breitbart that they have a far-right agenda. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Kinda silly. 

Yes it is weird

The American media really started going south with the advent of cable news.  At that point news became mixed with entertainment.  Now news is pure entertainment and is presented in a way to triggers the prejudices of a particular population to create fear and anger, because this captures the attention of eyeballs to be monetized with advertisement.  The world is divided into left/right a simple model that maximizes profits.  Stage orange ultimately corrupts everything it touches.   If you have any doubts, study the Iraq war where the government lies of “weapons of mass destruction” was completely adopted by the mainstream media.  Also, can anyone find even one picture of the aftermath of an American bomb and the dead bodies?  How can this be possible in an age where everyone has a smartphone with one or more cameras attached?  Can you imagine the level of control the system has to censor information? 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Epikur said:

No I refuse to believe that

I am not saying to believe it or not believe it. In my opinion if we think clearly, and look at the stuff that media outlets say in an objective way, it doesn't make sense. For example if I want to describe a painting in my room for you right now, I can tell you descriptions about the painting that will make you think that I have the most beautiful painting, but I can also give you details that will make you think that the painting is the most ugly picture ever! Everything that I tell you might be true, but still I am affecting your thought process the way I want! Media is master at creating this bias. They will not tell you stuff that could eventually lead to them making less money.

20 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The American media really started going south with the advent of cable news.  At that point news became mixed with entertainment.  Now news is pure entertainment and is presented in a way to triggers the prejudices of a particular population to create fear and anger, because this captures the attention of eyeballs to be monetized with advertisement.  The world is divided into left/right a simple model that maximizes profits.  Stage orange ultimately corrupts everything it touches.   If you have any doubts, study the Iraq war where the government lies of “weapons of mass destruction” was completely adopted by the mainstream media.  Also, can anyone find even one picture of the aftermath of an American bomb and the dead bodies?  How can this be possible in an age where everyone has a smartphone with one or more cameras attached?  Can you imagine the level of control the system has to censor information? 

I agree.

Edited by Mohammad

New BLM riots but in liberal and progressive landscape no riots reporting. No reporting by Kulinsky, Packman, Jimmy Dore, CNN...Google shadowbans 'riots'

Edited by Epikur

On 3/25/2021 at 9:22 PM, Preety_India said:

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but then I realized you were being serious.

You want to trust the media. That's the case. And you'll ignore their countless lies so you can keep believing that they can be trusted.

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but then I realized you were being serious.

You want to trust the media. That's the case. And you'll ignore their countless lies so you can keep believing that they can be trusted.

What lies? Tell me one