Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freejoy

Lovingkindness

11 posts in this topic

How do you love a person who lies on you, or someone who keeps throwing trash in your yard.

Maybe they steal your stuff, or continuously belittle you?

Maybe you work with them, or live nextdoor to them and it's hard to avoid them.

Maybe they even yell at you on a consistent basis?

Imagine that you happen to be the type of person who absolutely loves wild life, the beauty of it, the majesty.. You see a powerful Lion, and recognize the sheer beauty of such an awesome, powerful creature.  You want to protect the lion from extinction, because it is beautiful in it's own way, even though, given the chance, it will eat you.  You love the Lion for what it is, and perhaps recognize that even though he wants to eat you, he is just a lion, doing what lions do.  You love yourself also, so you protect yourself (behave pragmatically) around lions, while also loving the Lion. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@freejoy You can't love "on command", i.e. if it doesn't come naturally/authentically.

"thou shalt love thy neighbor". Ha! Forget itxD 

If you don't love someone or something, that's fine. Don't be phony and try to love them. Rather be selfish and admit it, than fake loving and acting all saintly and Jesus-like.

What you can try however, is forgiving someone. Which is btw not the same as letting them treat you like sh*t and brushing it off.

29 minutes ago, freejoy said:

How do you love a person who lies on you, or someone who keeps throwing trash in your yard.

Maybe they steal your stuff, or continuously belittle you?

Maybe you work with them, or live nextdoor to them and it's hard to avoid them.

Maybe they even yell at you on a consistent basis?

There is only one way:

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

@freejoy You can't love "on command", i.e. if it doesn't come naturally/authentically.

"thou shalt love thy neighbor". Ha! Forget itxD 

If you don't love someone or something, that's fine. Don't be phony and try to love them. Rather be selfish and admit it, than fake loving and acting all saintly and Jesus-like.

What you can try however, is forgiving someone. Which is btw not the same as letting them treat you like sh*t and brushing it off.

I think one can.  It's just that life brings many situations that require reflection and contemplation. It's were the rubber meets the road!

One might take LSD but does it make them more loving?

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

@freejoy No, you can't. Try and see how it goes;)

Sometimes the most loving thing you can do is punch them in the mouth.

Hehehe

@freejoy love is the biggest power in so called world, it is actually beyond the world. Because love is the only way to destroy the “self”. If there is no self, you will be free, and will be no more world. And angry and scared ego will be funny and small. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I wasn't asking these questions because I was personally having these done to me.

I was wanting to know how others might handle situations like these.

It was a little test!