Phyllis Wagner

Some asked Eckhart "You became Enlightened by accident wtf do you know about it?"

46 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, allislove said:

"Simplicity is very difficult for twisted minds." – A Course In Miracles

Simplicity is the solvent of the ego. Pure water :) 

tenor.gif

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

@BipolarGrowth Thank you! very interesting!

@Leo Gura In a general sense I agree. However, Power of Now was published in 1997 and was relatively obscure, just because Oprah pushed it later didn't decrease the value of what was written. Also consider C.w.G. was a book that saw mainstream success.

I can actually see actualized.org being endorsed by some celebrity in the future, it wouldn't make the content itself any worse, wouldn't it? I think it's only a matter of time before that happens.

To be endorsed by a celebrity, you have to at least come up with something completely new that doesn't just sum up a bunch of valuable sources and contemplation that would be brilliant and world-changing, that hasn't already been published by someone else and implicitly drawing a big picture of a subject. It would have been a complete new and genius innovation. Or on the other hand, you have to have a mainstream appeal that isn't just tailored to a specific audience. In general, there are a lot of YouTubers these days who have an audience of over 1 million. And also much who are delivering valuable and deep information. There are also other really controversial people who are supported by celebrities, so that's not the problem.

All this bragging about how he "wrote a book that is more important than the Bible" and that his "own" teachings are the highest does not look like humility and not sympathic. You have to go deeper to see that this is not what he is actually saying. But on the other hand, all these thickly applied claims to be God look very much like he is resigned to being misunderstood, or just don't want to avoid a shitstorm by controlling what he says only for his own personal development or to build self-confidence. Teachers have also said before that they are God and so are others, but in terms of humility and compassion they have not gone that far. It's a strategy that many people have used. And it is also good for marketing, which is even more necessary in the field of spirituality.

To be someone like Newton is nowadays nearly impossible, since the most things are already explored. And in terms of spirituality, it is more a thing of how charismatic you are or how attractive you are to people in general, not only regarding a niche. Because, spirituality is beyond words. If it wouldn't be the case, someone else has already invented some method. And maybe there would be a strategy to gain more attention from people, but besides creativity, which is of course available and not the problem, this would in addition also require an really high IQ because of strategising, business aspects, handling resources etc. . And you have to be an charismatic attractor, being better in LOA and so on.

Eckhard Tolle is that successful, because back then spirituality was not that big as it is today and many things came together to the right time.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

4 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

And you have to be an charismatic attractor, being better in LOA and so on.

Eckhard Tolle is that successful, because back then spirituality was not that big as it is today and many things came together to the right time.

In a sense, you are right. Tolle made Indian spirituality mainstream. Great timing. But charisma? To me, he has very little charisma, which Leo has in spades. He does have presence, which resonates with me more than anything else. I care more about the space around his words, than about the words themselves.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I think eckart focuses a lot on talking about the ego, rather than enlightenment, and it does well. his ego analysis is clear, direct, simple, and very accurate. Maybe to those who are already clear about all this it seems repetitive and uninteresting, but who has never heard of this can open their eyes. and to those who have already identified the ego it can also be useful. its main virtue is clarity, getting to the point. you can see that he is german

He also has the strange virtue of being absolutely humble. in contrast to the adyashantys who are so wonderful . is the message the world needs: a ugly guy doomed to depression and vital failure, who embodies happiness. it is very positive that millions of people understand it

Edited by Breakingthewall

18 hours ago, Moksha said:

In a sense, you are right. Tolle made Indian spirituality mainstream. Great timing. But charisma? To me, he has very little charisma, which Leo has in spades. He does have presence, which resonates with me more than anything else. I care more about the space around his words, than about the words themselves.

That's why it was exception where charisma was not that important. Today there is so much available that the package decides more and more about the recognition.

And if not, then you have to come up with some genius/gigantic product like Elon Musk e.g. delivers.  Which is in case of spirituality impossible unless you develop a new and game changing synthetic psychedelic or something. 

What is also possible is to become famous in one field and use that for the other. But often times this doesn't work, Russel Crowe was never really a rock star e.g.. 

The most effective way to make it anyways is becoming a billionaire in another more lucrative field and use that money to market the spiritual business. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right