Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Joe Manchin has become the most hateful Democrat in the US

33 posts in this topic

This senator has become a terrible liability for both the Democratic Party and for the entire country. He keep obstructing almost ever essential bill or proposal that Biden and the Democrats in Congress are trying to pass. It as if he doesn't want to get anything done for anybody. No elimination of the filibuster. No $15 minimum wage. No Abortion rights. No packing the US Supreme Court. No Medicare for All or any practical alternative to that. No bills or proposals for improving climate issues. He doesn't even seem to want to do what the people within his state, West Virginia, are demanding and begging for such as the $15 minimum wage. In fact what good has Manchin gotten done for the country or even for his own state? 

Sounds like he struck a deal with McConnell or something...

He owns some hotels and other businesses, so he has personal interest in not paying his employees more money. Pure selfish trash. 

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

He's a Republican pretending to be a Democrat. 

Then why didn't he just become a Republican?

1 hour ago, Willie said:

Sounds like he struck a deal with McConnell or something...

Yeah, though I wonder what kind of deal would he make with McConnell.

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

He owns some hotels and other businesses, so he has personal interest in not paying his employees more money. Pure selfish trash. 

I didn't know that. He's even more disgusting that I even realized.

Just now, Hardkill said:

Then why didn't he just become a Republican?

Because he can do much more damage being on the opposing side, messing up their majority vote. 

Wait till WV replaces him with a far-right MAGA Republican, and you will sing a different tune.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Wait till WV replaces him with a far-right MAGA Republican, and you will sing a different tune.

Oh God! That would be disastrous.

Progressives of course want to replace Manchin with a much more liberal democrat.

12 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Progressives of course want to replace Manchin with a much more liberal democrat.

Progressives are foolish. They don't understand that WV is a conservative area, not some progressive stronghold. Joe Manchin is a decent reflection of the WV populace -- which is basically how democracy works.

Justice Dems ran a progressive to primary Manchin a few years ago. She lost badly. If Manchin goes all progressive, he would lose his next election probably to someone more right or even far-right.

You can only expect so much from WV. They ain't exactly a forward-thinking bunch.

If Joe Manchin was from California -- then Progressives would have a point. But notice that even the California senators are not that progressive.

@Preety_India Be mindful of your lack of nuance.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Progressives are foolish. They don't understand that WV is a conservative area, not some progressive stronghold. Joe Manchin is a decent reflection of the WV populace -- which is basically how democracy works.

Justice Dems ran a progressive to primary Manchin a few years ago. She lost badly. If Manchin goes all progressive, he would lose his next election probably to someone more right or even far-right.

You can only expect so much from WV. They ain't exactly a forward-thinking bunch.

If Joe Manchin was from California -- then Progressives would have a point. But notice that even the California senators are not that progressive.

Yeah, I see your point. 

In that case, would it be feasible to replace Manchin with a Democrat who is more liberal, but not all the way progressive like a Clintonian moderate Democrat such as Obama, the Clintons, or Biden or an old guard Democrat that's more of a progressive-leaning moderate such as Biden, Pelosi, or Schumer?

Also, what do you think what Cenk said in the vid in my original post here when he said that he's going persistently make as many Rebellion PAC attack ads on Manchin until Manchin says "Okay, I give up. I'll vote for the $15 minimum wage"?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill Cenk's heart is in the right place but he's a bit too full of himself and blind to a higher reality.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill Cenk's heart is in the right place but he's a bit too full of himself and blind to a higher reality.

I see. Yeah, I definitely believe that he is a genuinely good person who wants to do the right thing as much as possible for the greater good of our country and even for the rest of the world. He also is certainly a highly intelligent and highly educated man, particularly with matters pertaining to politics, business, and law. I don't think that he's too crazy either.

Though he does get manic sometimes and I guess he a lot of times gets too impatient and unrealistic with the progress that has been made within the US. He also is very judgmental towards anyone else who is not a progressive like himself. So, given all of the above mentioned traits he has, I suppose that he's the kind of person who would mostly be in stage green with regard to spiral dynamics?

59 minutes ago, Merkabah said:

@Leo Gura A little bit of a Turk-Kurdish machismo which is quite prevalent in that region!! ;)

Perhaps he does have that. lol. A lot of foreign men in the US project their own kind of arrogance. 

Edited by Hardkill

Cenk is running up against the limits of stage Green.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Cenk is running up against the limits of stage Green.

Well, I wonder what he would be like if he moved up to stage Yellow. In fact, I really wonder what would happen to our world if a lot more people in stage Green evolved to stage Yellow.

Edited by Hardkill

6 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, I wonder what he would be like if he moved up to stage Yellow. In fact, I really wonder what would happen to our world if a lot more people in stage Green evolved to stage Yellow.

It would be almost impossible for him now because he's all-in with TYT. The TYT crew and fanbase would eat him alive. They would see it as a betrayal and caving to centrism.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be almost impossible for him now because he's all-in with TYT. The TYT crew and fanbase would eat him alive. They would see it as a betrayal and caving to centrism.

Even evolving to stage Turquoise which entails the most sophisticated level of communal support wouldn't work for someone like Cenk?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you predict would happen if Cenk took a six month sabbatical with some yellow-level thinkers like Daniel Schmachtenberger & Bret Weinstein? If given some distance from TYT and space to explore and grow with yellows, do you think Cenk would thrive? Is Cenk leashed to TYT? Would he roam free if given the space?

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

What do you predict would happen if Cenk took a six month sabbatical with some yellow-level thinkers like Daniel Schmachtenberger & Bret Weinstein? If given some distance from TYT and space to explore and grow with yellows, do you think Cenk would thrive? Is Cenk leashed to TYT? Would he roam free if given the space?

Bret Weinstein seems too judgmental and too much of a political progressive left to be a stage Yellow-level thinker. I see him as more of a stage Green thinker.