integral

Future Thinkers Smart Village a Holistic Solution

14 posts in this topic

Tier 2 Decentralized autonomous Village. 

A solution to many issues including Ethical Agriculture. 

Their in the early stages and have 2 million in backing.

If anyone is interested in joining the development or buying property, nows the time, contact on website.

Location Canada.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

I'm loosely helping out with this project, it's definitely excellent and the team is good people. Would recommend anyone here who is interested in Game B type of thinking to get involved, especially if you're local to British Columbia. Looking for engineers, real estate developers, builders, architects etc.

The problem is that none of these eco-villages will scale.

Our problems are too scaled to be solved with rich, well-educated, elitist eco-villages.

Ironically, an eco-village is the opposite of holistic, it is very exclusive and niche.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Damn, I'd actually live in something like this. Moscow and Russia are driving me nuts, so hard to find something organic here. I wish I had something like Wholefoods just around the corner with tons of good stuff. But well, maybe I will in the future. Just wish Russia would have something simillar

Edited by Hello from Russia

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think their goal is to use it as a seed to learn from and for others to learn from.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

2 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I think their goal is to use it as a seed to learn from and for others to learn from.  

That's always their justification, but in the end their lessons are pointless because they do not scale.

The real problems cannot be solved in some micro-community incubator. They must be solved at the Federal and global level. Scale itself is the mother problem, and a micro-community does not address that at all.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It will scale if its designed like a virus. Each village is going to be connected by a decentralized economy and governance system making it a decentralized country where each city/village is spread across the world and new villages can be built anywhere anytime. Its the equivalent of bitcoins rise but for villages. 

When the village becomes fully autonomous, buying a home (cheaply) also means buying a life time supply of food,internet,electricity... freeing people from wage slavery, this is a strong incentive, supply and demand. It can grow faster then expected. 

6 hours ago, Matt23 said:

As a last resort, their INTJ not INTP, they want to get things done.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

17 minutes ago, integral said:

It will scale if its designed like a virus. Each village is going to be connected by a decentralized economy and governance system making it a decentralized country where each city/village is spread across the world and new villages can be built anywhere anytime. Its the equivalent of bitcoins rise but for villages. 

When the village becomes fully autonomous, buying a home (cheaply) also means buying a life time supply of food,internet,electricity... freeing people from wage slavery, this is a strong incentive, supply and demand. It can grow faster then expected.

Sorry, not buying it. It's pipe dreams, not real systems thinking.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, not buying it. It's pipe dreams, not real systems thinking.

Why not?

I'm assuming you believe there will still need to be central, global authority running the show and managing everything.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The real problems cannot be solved in some micro-community incubator. They must be solved at the Federal and global level. Scale itself is the mother problem, and a micro-community does not address that at all.

I feel this misses the point.

The solutions presented by these villages are not supposed to scale. Scaling is the problem. The solutions we need now are unscalable in many ways.

In other words, it seems to me that we need to scale the unscalable. Which is what this movement is about.

Edited by aurum

@aurum I'm saying that the solutions these eco-villages test and create are not solutions that actually address our problems as they exist at the global level. And the village level will never work at the global level.

What I'm saying is, ceating one of these cool eco-villages is actually a cop out from solving the really big problems.

The world is not going to scale down, it's going to scale up. These villages assume the world will scale down to their level. But a group of villages cannot build iPhones or manage nukes.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@aurum I'm saying that the solutions these eco-villages test and create are not solutions that actually address our problems as they exist at the global level. And the village level will never work at the global level.

What I'm saying is, ceating one of these cool eco-villages is actually a cop out from solving the really big problems.

The world is not going to scale down, it's going to scale up. These villages assume the world will scale down to their level. But a group of villages cannot build iPhones or manage nukes.

But aren't nukes made in very similar scientist villages where a bunch of scientists and engineers work on some advanced projects? Most top universities are basically scientific villages, you could say. They usually exist apart from big cities with some exceptions, of course, and have their own infrastructure and chains of supply here that are getting managed by a university management

The military defense has a similar concept of Military Bases. US and Russia don't really have all their military stored up in NYC, LA, or Moscow. It's usually strategically distributed somewhat evenly across the whole country and mostly in rural areas from what I see. You then have military people and engineers who fix/build these military units live nearby these bases because that's basically their work.

As for iPhones and similar stuff, all these companies basically build their own little towns/villages as well around headquarters with their own infrastructure and culture. Seems to be working quite well for them.

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm saying that the solutions these eco-villages test and create are not solutions that actually address our problems as they exist at the global level. And the village level will never work at the global level.

I agree with that. These solutions are unscalable.

That I do not agree with. The work being done at many of these places is integral to solving the really big stuff IMO.

I feel it is both going to scale up and scale down.

Here are some assumptions I'm making:

1) Society is set up for globalization and centralization

2) The directionality of society is for increased globalization and interconnection

3) There are real benefits that can only be had at the local / scaled down level

Therefore, what I feel needs to happen is a sort of integration between localization and globalization.

Let's look at something like regenerative agriculture. I'm not a farmer, but from what I understand, inherently regenerative agriculture does not scale well beyond a certain point. It is highly productive, but it is too labor intensive and requires the farmer to really be in relationship with that land.

And yet, regenerative agriculture is exactly what we need. Industrial, large scale agriculture cannot last. It destroys the soil, requires chemicals that pollute, destroys biodiversity via mono-culture crops, destroys the ecosystem of that area, uses too much water and cuts people off from their relationship with their food. It's only benefit is that you can do it at a larger scale, at least temporarily until the Earth gives out.

So something like agriculture needs to scale down. It's done better at the local level. I've not heard anyone argue otherwise.

At the same time, some things need to scale up. Our human capacity to collaborate and innovate from that collaboration would be one good example. That I think is something everyone would agree only gets better at a global level. We need more of that, not to shut ourselves out from the world.

So we have this interesting problem of benefits from both localization / scaling down and globalization / scaling up. Which leads me to think, is it possible to do both?

Can we scale down what needs to be scaled down and scale up what needs to be scaled up? Can we find a way to get the benefits of both?

I do not have all the answers to how this would happen but it seems plausible to me. We've evolved for small tribes and local living, is it not possible that we can find a way to integrate that into the modern global world?

And there certainly is a role for government in all this, especially considering government is what we got. I am also not convinced everything can be totally decentralized, especially not any time in the meaningful future. There are plenty of public policies I would like to see implemented.

Edited by aurum

@Hello from Russia Nukes can barely be built and managed by large countries the size of Iran. No hippie village can build, maintain, or regulate nukes. Nor iPhones.

@aurum I think you have a good point that the future will require both scaling up and down. But on the issue of agriculture I think that will be scaled up even more, not down.

I don't buy the idea that the Earth is running out of resources. I think the Earth can sustain 100+ billion people. We just need to use the resources wiser. There is no reason why we can't do sustainable, eco-friendly agriculture at mass scale. It's just that capitalism doesn't incentivize such things. Yet.

Agree that for now eco villages are a bit of luxury for the privileged few (much like universities were in the past and to some extent still today), but I also see them as laboratories and incubators for new ways of living combining time-tested practices and ancient systems with modern technology, which creates a globalized yet decentralized platform for emergent solutions to organically arise. Similar to how the Google campus creates an ecosystem for prototypes that have the potential to scale globally and drastically alter the ways in which humans interact. Some eco village in the middle of nowhere can come up with a new practice or method for x, y or z, and with the power of the internet it can go global in days, something the government in most cases cannot pull off due to the complexity inherent in that system. And something corporations are not incentivized to do (yet) due to capitalism’s competing values.

Will be interesting to see how the Future Thinkers project evolves. They definitely have a lot of smart people helping to make it happen.