Akira

is 100% honesty realistic if you intend to make a life in the world?

28 posts in this topic

By realizing your true nature there is no "others", so there is no "dishonesty".

"Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." – Ramana Maharshi

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Thinking about behaving one way or another coming from an identification with thoughts thus creating an ego.

Realize what you are and just Be. There are no shoulds or shouldn’t. 

Truth is power. Lying is throwing your own power away. It's self deception to see it as otherwise and all lies are self deception. 

I lied to my parents over stealing $5 from my sister when I was 6 or 7. It caused me so much suffering that, that was it for me. Honesty was of enormous importance to my father and the truth a central part of Christianity, which I was as a kid, so I became compulsive about telling the truth. I recognized that even though I tried extremely hard to tell the truth in all cases, that sometimes I didn't know what the truth actually was. Truth was not concrete, it was fuzzy. I didn't know what was true all the time. I'd question what came out of my mouth all the time, was that really the case? 

The habit stuck. As a teenager and adult I never lied, except for maybe as I got older and relaxed about it, I lied like once or twice about Christmas gifts I didn't like or already had. I watched my friends get themselves into messes when they lied and I recognized that telling the truth was power because I had absolutely nothing to defend and could feel completely fine about myself. I didn't have to scheme or overthink. I realized people lied because they were afraid, and instead of telling the truth and ripping the Band-Aid right off, they prolonged their own suffering, sometimes even spreading it around to others until the original lie grew and grew. 

Lying is like being afraid that there's a bear outside your house. The bear is imaginary, but for whatever reason, you believe in it. You have to take the trash out, but you're too afraid to go out. So you fill your house with trash until it's so full of trash and smells so bad, that you actually attract a real bear. xD

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I think 100% honesty is the way to go although I'm definitely not on that "level". 
A lot of people here say that is better to not be honest in some situations, Im curious what are some examples where you think you shouldn't be honest ?

3 hours ago, allislove said:
  •  

By realizing your true nature there is no "others", so there is no "dishonesty".

@allislove"Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." – Ramana Maharshi

has plainly saying it ever worked?

@ilja 

Everything is always perfectly working, as Oneness, a pure miracle.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x