Shaul

"Guerilla Business Advice" | Blog Post Clarifications

13 posts in this topic

Did I understood Leo's strategy correctly:

1. Raising your career capital by first creating relatively low consciousness small scale projects (addictive / catchy / appeal to basic human instincts). Yet not harmful.

2. Using the gained capital to create higher consciousness products that bring more value to the world but require a bigger budget.

The core of the projects would be innovation and creativity. While your values,interests and life purpose would serve as a compass to focus your creativity like a laser beam.

Is that so?

Edited by Shaul

That's one strategy. For me, after watching the video I got idea for one useful tool that I can probably 3D print and sell if I want to start small-scale.

Although that's not necessarily what I'd consider the main takeaway from the video. For me the message was more along the lines of "be radically creative."

There are also lots of high consciousness products that don't require a big capital investment that you could start right now. If you don't want to be the next Elon Musk you can skip the capital phase for lots of stuff.

Then there are things in the middle. I also got an idea for something that I could probably create with a $1,000 investment and a year of hard work in my spare time.

Capital is also not needed if you can create a decent enough prototype that you can show people your vision, and get crowdfunding or get people to invest in you.

Currently wracking my brain trying to figure out what the next medium will be. Like what the next version of a podcast will be. Not currently open-minded enough to see it yet.

Edited by Yarco

15 hours ago, Shaul said:

1. Raising your career capital by first creating relatively low consciousness small scale projects (addictive / catchy / appeal to basic human instincts). Yet not harmful.

2. Using the gained capital to create higher consciousness products that bring more value to the world but require a bigger budget.

No

There is not necessarily such a correlation between high consciousness products and bigger budgets. Not sure why you link these two things. Many low consciousness things require huge budgets, and vice versa.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Yarco said:

Currently wracking my brain trying to figure out what the next medium will be. Like what the next version of a podcast will be. Not currently open-minded enough to see it yet.

I'm on the same page with that too. 

I got a lot of value from the video so far, but definitely need to make a "routine" for myself to start thinking of more ideas. I tried just thinking of ideas for an hour a day before and just the exercise of itself starts to bring them at other times of the day. 

@Yarco You are right. I also felt how the video strengthened for me the idea of how much potential there is in creativity.

28 minutes ago, Shaul said:

how much potential there is in creativity

It's Infinite ;)

@Leo Gura I linked it together because for some reason at the time of writing the post I had a picture stuck in my head of nonprofit organizations (like Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)  as the "ultimate way" to have an impact and improve life quality of people in undeveloped countries. Hence the need for a bigger budget. However I understand that impact doesn't have to be done in a philanthropic manner and can be beneficial for both of the parties.

Can creativity be a zone of genius? Or is this term too broad? Like having creative ideas to solve problems or to make stuff more efficient, cooler, more beautiful?

6 minutes ago, Shaul said:

Can creativity be a zone of genius? Or is this term too broad?

Maybe it could, if you wanted to study and teach creativity as meta thing. But other than that you should hone it down some more.

In what unique way do you want to be creative? << That's what you should be racking your mind over.

@Leo Gura

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what you should be racking your mind over.

Oh hell I am haha.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In what unique way do you want to be creative?

But isn't zone of genius your top strength, so in this example it's creativity and what you are asking now is what is the desired manifestation of that for me? (the impact statement)

One thing I very resonated with in "Guerilla Business Advice" was when you said you had a constant flow of creative ideas but they were all over the place. So, can't this flow be described as a zone of genius?

@Shaul My Zone of Genius is not creativity, if you see the course.

Maybe it is for you, I don't know. You'd have to get to the rock bottom of it.

Creativity is a very broad thing. I highly doubt you're gifted at all forms of it.

Vague generalities are not your friend here. Force yourself to get specific and precise. You can loosen up later once you have something real solid.

An insight about creativity - there is no process to it. It's a-mechanical, it's spontaneous. That's how ideas come, that's how insights come. Spontaneously!

This is what makes art so mysterious, this is what makes creativity so mysterious in general. You cannot formulate a process for it!

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

There’s some great programs where you can see a lot of Leo’s advice from his blog post in full flow. One of my personal favourites is a documentary called ‘Power of Grayskull’ as you watch how the whole He-man franchise came about and grew into an absolute phenomenon. I had never realised how the idea spawned and developed into what it did until watching that documentary, infact I think just as a general observation beforehand, in my mind I had it developing almost in complete reverse as to what actually happened. Very intriguing watch I’d advise for anyone. Also there’s a series on Netflix called Hi-Score which goes through the computer game industries development which again is a very interesting watch. There’s also the likes of Dragons Den which we have in the UK and I think it’s called Shark Tank or something is an American version of it where you can see people with limited budgets presenting their ideas trying to gain extra funding which is a great show just to see how people come up with these ideas and the process sort of thing of what Leo talks about. Very interesting these things

On 02/03/2021 at 8:25 PM, Shaul said:

The core of the projects would be innovation and creativity. While your values,interests and life purpose would serve as a compass to focus your creativity like a laser beam.

Is that so?

It’s relatively easy and doable to find a decent ethical job that pays your way until you can gain the necessary funds.

The biggest thing you need to forget are SHORTCUTS.

Avoid them, have a long term horizon completely predicated on the overall objective not how long it takes. Be a visionary enamoured by your ideas to change th world, then find ways to put them in practice.

Its not enough to simply start a business. You need to be intrinsically driven by an idea. It needs to completely demolish your need for hedonistic gain and be a landmark for powerful change in the world. It can begin small and be scaled up. You don’t have to be the next Elon Musk. Just find a way to use your skills to innovate something either yourself or within a company. 

But sure as hell avoid the easy route, for it becomes the hard route in the end.

Edited by Jacobsrw