Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

increasing consciousness

15 posts in this topic

what are the fastest ways to increase consciousness short term (minutes) and long term (days, weeks, months, years), speak from experience only please

Background practice -- meditation/technique that can be done every waking moment:

Self inquiry -- if you're still experiencing, find who does it

Noting mental states throughout the day, more or less every second

or

Metta -- send well-wishing and hope for happiness to everyone you come across, your self or a person you look up to when you're alone, and see them as God.

Works very fast

By far the quickest is forgiveness and gratitude, but they cap out pretty quickly relative to the first 3 listed

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self mad, frank yang said metta only works effectively if one is woke already, the self enquiry i have to look into, i have the books just haven't gotten around to reading them yet

@Forestluv generally speaking innit

1 minute ago, levani said:

frank yang said metta only works effectively if one is woke already

I love Frank Yang but Metta is about the fastest-acting technique there is, after forgiveness and gratitude.

Also, it might be helpful to be more specific with what you want. Feeling better. Accomplishing more. Letting go of self doubt or a fear, etc. Often the way to, is in inspecting what led you to look. There’s likely something you want to do or create, and a single emotion yet to be understood and expressed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, levani said:

@Forestluv generally speaking innit

Generalizations can be useful in some contexts, yet can slow down the process in other contexts. 

An very important factor is what resonates with someone. 

26 minutes ago, levani said:

mad, frank yang said metta only works effectively if one is woke already

This is wrong. Yang is not the greatest of teachers. Amazing entertainer though. 

32 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Background practice -- meditation/technique that can be done every waking moment:

Self inquiry -- if you're still experiencing, find who does it

Noting mental states throughout the day, more or less every second

This!

Plus getting way more serious with formal practice as well. It we really cared about raising consciousness, why wouldn't we spending 2-3+ hours per day on practice? Even more on days we aren’t working. 

Formulate your entire life around raising consciousness.  Here's my general strategy.

Meditation as a base, simple do-nothing.  This can also be applied as mindfulness throughout the day. 

A form of yoga, kundalini or Kriya.

Cold submersion and cold showers.

Learn an instrument, for me it's acoustic guitar.  Played mindfully and almost done as a form of love Meditation on the sound sensation itself.  

Healthy diet, mostly vegetarian.  

Avoid addictive behaviors and try to engage in only things you are passionate about.  

Obviously, psychedelics are something you can add as well.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of what you can do.  

PS.  The most direct answer to your question is that yoga is the quickest non-psychedelic answer to your question.

Edited by Heart of Space

30 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Learn an instrument, for me it's acoustic guitar.  Played mindfully and almost done as a form of love Meditation on the sound sensation itself.  

interesting, why this ? i play almost all stringed instruments and the keys too and i never knew rhat shit raised consciousness

31 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

PS.  The most direct answer to your question is that yoga is the quickest non-psychedelic answer to your question.

mad, only learning this now, isn't kundalini yoga like dangerous AF ?

33 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Cold submersion and cold showers.

yeah breathing and cold showers are mad

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Feeling better. Accomplishing more. Letting go of self doubt or a fear, etc.

what would be the way to increase consciousness in all of them individually then ? isn't there only one consciousness to increase ? one overall consciousness no ?

11 minutes ago, levani said:

interesting, why this ? i play almost all stringed instruments and the keys too and i never knew rhat shit raised consciousness

mad, only learning this now, isn't kundalini yoga like dangerous AF ?

yeah breathing and cold showers are mad

Playing an instrument can raise consciousness if done in a conscious way.  Although it's far from the most direct way, artists expressing themselves to the fullest of their abilities are engaging in a form of spiritual practice.  Music is a form of that.

Raising your consciousness can be very dangerous in certain circumstances.  Educate yourself and do everything as intelligently as you can to minimize risks.

Edited by Heart of Space

9 hours ago, levani said:

what would be the way to increase consciousness in all of them individually then ? isn't there only one consciousness to increase ? one overall consciousness no ?

Expressing emotion is understanding emotion. Use the emotional scale, let me know how it goes, if you get ‘stuck’. Pm if you like too. 

Yes, there is not two. Consciousness is unconditional, raising it is conditional. It’s essentially believing you’re not enough as you are. It also reinforcing the illusion of the separate self, which is not consciousness, but has consciousness, and “needs to”, or “could”, raise it. 

What is “needed”, relative to finding relief from the thoughts already going on, is emotional understanding, and letting conditions upon the love & happiness you truly are...go. 

This is just how I’ve come to understand myself ‘ reality btw. It’s a ‘rip’ or ‘cut’ on anyone else. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Meditation & Minimalistic lifestyle.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey