TheSilentObserver

After enlightenment, I really feel like there's nothing worth talking about anymore

8 posts in this topic

I find it hard to really fully explain, but I know I awakened some time ago when was I high off my balls on weed. Basically, I came to realize my own life was something truly unknowable and that unknowable-ness is the very fabric of the universe, and the two just became one. I felt selfless for a time, sadly to my own detriment but after a while my ego came back but perhaps, more detached? I'm not entirely sure.

I liked debating politics, society and god, all that stuff with other "enlightened" minds beforehand. It made me feel really smart and unique then but looking back I did nothing but intellectual masturbation. I had some nuggets of awakening before, but not to the scope of my enlightenment so I was still stuck in a "trapped in a body within a physical world" type of thinking.

After my actual enlightenment, I don't really want to talk about anything with anyone, it all seems done and dusted. I asked myself the greatest question and found the one true answer, so discussions about politics, society and god seem so radicicolous and restricting to me even in the most radically open minded spaces, including this one. The more I come to see how silly everything really is, the less I want to defend my position and just let things be, even within myself. 

I'm not entirely sure what to ask but if anyone has any advice, it would be highly appreciated. 

@TheSilentObserver It’s a state, and it will pass.

After my big awakening in 2019, I was on a high for several months, and I did some very bold things that I can’t do right now.

That state will fade in time. Whether it’s for the best or the worst is a different matter.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@TheSilentObserver

Untill there is a story of 'my' enlightenment it's awakening, go further, let go of the story. Truth feels like peace/joy/happiness.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Just a phase, most go through it post-awakening 

Wait til you realize all life then becomes is a celebration & expression of this understanding & you get to enjoy the ride doing whatever you want! ;) 

As Rupert Spira says- 'Love and do whatever you want!' although he's quoting someone, I just can't remember who. 

Remember, it's a celebration, enjoy it and try not to get stuck in Non-Dual Nihilism! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

The Truth will leave you speechless.

Edited by Spence94

There's nothing that should or should not be talked about, it's all the same.... that's the freedom ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@TheSilentObserver   Have you seen the ten oxherding pictures, from the Zen tradition? (Ten Bulls in Wikipedia) - Leo's done a video on them (one of my favourites), helps to explain the stages of awakening. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ZWNzSliGk&t=6053s

Picture 8. Both Bull and Self Transcended
Whip, rope, person, and Ox -
all merge in No Thing.
This heaven is so vast,
no message can stain it.
How may a snowflake exist
in a raging fire.
Here are the footprints of
the Ancestors.

"no message" - maybe where you're at? And stage 10  is " Return to society" ... see where I'm going with this?

@LfcCharlie4 At first I thought the "love, and do what thou wilt" quote was Aleister Crowley,  but originally it was  Saint Augustine

https://curiouschristian.blog/2019/07/24/love-and-do-what-thou-wilt/

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)