Alfonsoo

Someone special died and my mind seems much CALMER than usual.

11 posts in this topic

I was expecting to destabilize but that was not the case. I guess the shock and the unexpectedness threw mi into a higher awareness state (nothing too radical tough), however I feel my thoughts slowly crawling back to a high ego state every hour that passes by.

This is the first time somone close to me passes away.

Any help on understanding this and how to deal with it?

There is no reason to be sad, the only reason you would be sad when someone dies is if you truly believed materialism. What are you sad about? It's okay to be sad that your time is up with them but is it truly? They have always just been a character in your mind you designed. That characters being within you is still present always it has always just been you. Your calmness comes from a place of higher awareness. To be upset about their actual passing would be non sensical 

@IamMystic I do feel a bit sad. More like nostalgic. I feel kind of relieved and happy for him.  However i don’t get the part of “being created”. I know where you’re getting at, i’ve studied/practiced all this but i’m not quite there yet. I don’t truly comprehend.

@Alfonsoo I'm sorry for your loss. And yes, when a loved one dies, it is a loss. There is only God, but everything God creates, including the phenomenal "you" and your "loved one", is divine and worthy of honor. Each of us is not only God, but we are a soul, and a unique expression of God.

This is why seeing reality only from the ultimate sense can come across as not only dispassionate, but even delusional. Reality is not only the ultimate; it is also the relative phenomenal world that God creates. All of it is God.

When my mom dies, I will mourn not being able to talk with her each week. I will miss our family gatherings, and her amazing meals. I will celebrate her love, and everything she has done for me, including giving me life. I will hope to meet her again, somewhere along the soul journey, before we ultimately return to God.

The ancient (and many modern) gurus consider the soul to be a manifestation of God, on a journey through many lives, collecting karma by its actions. The ultimate destination of the soul is returning to God. Interestingly, for them death is not something only to be mourned, but actually celebrated, since it represents another step in the journey back to the Ultimate.

Dismissing life as a meaningless dream seems such a waste. We created the phenomenal world for a reason. It is here to be mourned, and to be loved. If if had no significance, God wouldn't have created it in the first place.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Alfonsoo I'm sorry for your loss. And yes, when a loved one dies, it is a loss. There is only God, but everything God creates, including the phenomenal "you" and your "loved one", is divine and worthy of honor. Each of us is not only God, but we are a soul, and a unique expression of God.

This is why seeing reality only from the ultimate sense can come across as not only dispassionate, but even delusional. Reality is not only the ultimate; it is also the relative phenomenal world that God creates. All of it is God.

When my mom dies, I will mourn not being able to talk with her each week. I will miss our family gatherings, and her amazing meals. I will celebrate her love, and everything she has done for me, including giving me life. I will hope to meet her again, somewhere along the soul journey, before we ultimately return to God.

The ancient (and many modern) gurus consider the soul to be a manifestation of God, on a journey through many lives, collecting karma by its actions. The ultimate destination of the soul is returning to God. Interestingly, for them death is not something only to be mourned, but actually celebrated, since it represents another step in the journey back to the Ultimate.

Dismissing life as a meaningless dream seems such a waste. We created the phenomenal world for a reason. It is here to be mourned, and to be loved. If if had no significance, God wouldn't have created it in the first place.

Your post gave me shivers. Excellent. Thanks!

18 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

however I feel my thoughts slowly crawling back to a high ego state every hour that passes by.

Why is this bad? What if this is what you need?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

very very complex question, my dad has 84y and is in perfect health, but i wrote a million scripts in my head how i will behave when he dies, and i dont know the answers....your reaction is valid and beautiful.

1 minute ago, blackchair said:

my dad has 84y

A bit off topic, but are you a native Spanish speaker? :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

A bit off topic, but are you a native Spanish speaker? :)

nope, Croatia here :)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Interesting, it happened to me too when my father died. Although more than high state it was a kind of mania .

Did you have feelings towards this family member or you are indifferent to his death?