Dark_White

How come the events and time moves whem I'm in the state of nothing?

19 posts in this topic

First of all I'm newbie to enlightenment and Consciousness so these are my questions about conciousness. Okay seems silly, but i don't grasp it.

1. If Consciousness alone exists how can i go to be in the state of nothing and suddenly time or events passed by? Yes I'm not denying it all occured in conciousness but how the events passed when I'm(conciousness) is in the state of nothing. Example :- Sleep, why and how time just passed by, when nothingness existed and howcome events happened in that time period.
Edited by Dark_White

You're confusing states of nothingness with states of unconsciousness. When you're sleeping, you're unconscious of the passing events, like a rock on the side of the road.

Wow weirdly enough i kinda came up with this answer, yes time existed time passed by in the domain of relative region but ultimately this concious nothing is here for eternal

Lol, maybe my daily contemplation paying off. Still this is my reasoning I'm open to your thoughts.

Just now, JohnD said:

You're confusing states of nothingness with states of unconsciousness. When you're sleeping, you're unconscious of the passing events, like a rock on the side of the road.

Correct.. a 'state of nothing' can never be.  

Consider.. Where were 'you' before you were born?  When there was no 'you'.. that is completely different from a 'you' who is is unconscious. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle @JohnD Yeah thank you guys for your replies, now i got it. 

I think leo should add FAQ section and pin it in this topic, it would be really helpful for newbies like me.

3 hours ago, Dark_White said:

1. If Consciousness alone exists how can i go to be in the state of nothing and suddenly time or events passed by

Consciousness is nothing so you are always nothing.   Time and events are actually something you are imagining.  You actually never slept a day in your life - meaning total lack of consciousness is something you are imagining - or something consciousness imagines because it is Infinite.   This stuff goes really deep.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Time never comes into being. No one has ever directly experienced a concept called time. Check, right now in your direct experience (which means not referring to accepted, yet unchecked/unquestioned "knowledge" gathered from outside), if there is the experiencing of something called time.

What is your knowledge of time in the absence of thought or the activity of thought (i.e, the mind).

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

If you checked,you'll see that time is just an idea and not an absolute fact or truth of fundamental reality.
Does it have a relative use? It does in terms of being useful/conveineint for relative matters,but it is not a fact of fundamental reality. Sadly,human beings live and die by this so called "fact" that has nothing to do with basic,fundamental reality.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

It's real and unreal!

Real in the sense that you can meet somebody at a certain man-made clock time.

Unreal in the sense that ultimately time is a man-made concept. A way to differentiate.

And there's nothing right or wrong with that it's just what's happening!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

At some point my wife was talking random things in her sleep (it was something about bananas and windows) and i started to wonder, who it is that is speaking those words in her body. I couldn't see a who, there was just talking.

Then i asked her a random question to amuse myself and she answered something random back.

While i was questioning her, something about the randomness of my own questions made it seem like even when i think i'm awake, i'm asleep, but with my eyes open. xD

There's nobody behind the steering wheel...

When that's recognized it's like oh s*** ❤ :o

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

21 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There's nobody behind the steering wheel...

When that's recognized it's like oh s*** ❤ :o

Yes, this is all there is, and this never includes a me. There's no me attached to any of this.

And yet, this one can say: "I'm meeeeee, i'm real!" xD

Edited by This

17 minutes ago, This said:

Yes, this is all there is, and this never includes a me. There's no me attached to any of this.

And yet, this one can say: "I'm meeeeee, i'm real!" xD

But you're assuming: "I'm meeeeee, i'm real!" needs a witness.

There's no witness:o

The witness is illusory..

There's no daddy that has your back!!

21 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

But you're assuming: "I'm meeeeee, i'm real!" needs a witness.

Don't you assume my assumptions! ? I could be saying anything. There are no conditions nor rules!

Edited by This

9 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

And there's nothing right or wrong with that it's just what's happening

The non-happening,is the only thing "happening".

@VeganAwake yeah that was so weird, realizing even the witnesser is not me,  advita says you're the witness conscious. But my experience like I'm totally nothing.

Currently I'm  pushing myself to the true-self, if I'm pure nothing what is the relationship between these things and nothing.

9 hours ago, Dark_White said:

@VeganAwake yeah that was so weird, realizing even the witnesser is not me,  advita says you're the witness conscious. But my experience like I'm totally nothing.

Currently I'm  pushing myself to the true-self, if I'm pure nothing what is the relationship between these things and nothing.

Yes 'YOU' is just a thought along with the true self! ❤

There is no relationship because there's no real separation