Jhonny

Women And Enlightenment

42 posts in this topic

Why women are not that much interested in Enlightenment? Like on this forum most of the enlightenment related threads are men dominated.And also in general??

@Jhonny I've always wondered the same thing. I've noticed that there's far more men that are enlightened than women. 

@Jhonny Exactly the same number of women attain to enlightenment as men, but they don't fuss about it as much as men - that's all. They don't advertise it as much as men. They enjoy it. That is how woman, the feminine being, is. Man enjoys talking about his enlightenment more than enlightenment itself. He is interested in how many people have come to know that he has become enlightened. Women are not worried. They are not worried at all. If it has happened they enjoy it, they nourish it deep inside.

Could be a combination of societal, cultural, or biological factors, or maybe there's no difference at all. Women seem to be more forgiving and spiritual driven than men on average it seems like, but it's men who become the spiritual leaders.

Makes me wonder how many mystic women existed in history who had amazing insights and wisdom, but were forgotten or cast aside just because they were women.

9 minutes ago, Frogfucius said:

but it's men who become the spiritual leaders.

When a woman arrives she becomes a Mistress, not a Master. The fulfilment of a woman is love. The flowering of a woman is love. Mastery is not the goal of the feminine mind; they don't become Masters, they become Mistresses. To be a Master is basically a male effort.

Awareness is the way of man, love is the way of woman.

On the path of awareness it is possible to teach; one can become a Master. On the path of love, how can you teach love? You can flower, you can bloom in love, but how can you teach it? Yes, if somebody wants to learn from you, he will learn it, but you will not be a Master. And such women have existed: Rabiya, Meera, Mallibai, Magdalen, Teresa. Such women have existed: Sahajo, Daya, Lalla. Many women have existed, but they were not Masters. They were so surrendered to God that they became Mistresses.

Meera says 'I am a mistress to you. My Lord' - a mistress to Krishna, to God himself. She sings the song of the glory of her Lord, she dances. If somebody can catch something from her, it is overflowing; but she cannot be a teacher. She is surrendered, her surrender is absolute. Yes, if you are in her company, you will learn what surrender is... but you will have to learn, she will not teach. A woman cannot be a teacher.

43 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

@Jhonny Exactly the same number of women attain to enlightenment as men, but they don't fuss about it as much as men - that's all. They don't advertise it as much as men. They enjoy it. That is how woman, the feminine being, is. Man enjoys talking about his enlightenment more than enlightenment itself. He is interested in how many people have come to know that he has become enlightened. Women are not worried. They are not worried at all. If it has happened they enjoy it, they nourish it deep inside.

With all due respect, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard you say yet. 

@Jhonny a: conditioning

1 minute ago, key said:

With all due respect, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard you say yet. 

There is a difference between the male mind and the female mind; their functioning is different. They are polar opposites — never forget that. Spiritually they are exactly the same, but physiologically they are poles apart; they function in different ways.

There are other enlightenment groups, like Teal and Ralph, where women may express their enlightenment experiences.

Or, they find good friends or others (with or without enlightenment experiences) who will guide them correctly, keeping an open mind and not accepting things blindly.

But, in general, ppl do not want to talk about it because it gets criticized in the wrong ways - "shedding the wrong light."

Edited by Key Elements

I know MANY women who are into enlightenment work.

Careful making stereotypes. My audience is largely male because my approach is rather blunt.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

There are other enlightenment groups, like Teal and Ralph, where women may express their enlightenment experiences.

Even if you have chosen women as teacher , they have qualities of man that are in the woman. For example, Joan of Arc had all the qualities of man. The Queen of Jhansi in India had all the qualities of man: she could fight with a naked sword, could kill people without any problem. Such women don’t represent women. Now, women are trying to become more like men, but the female energy, reaches the meditative state through love; and the male energy reaches love through meditation.

it appears to me most women egos are quite supported/cushioned from reality by society while they're still young and fresh kkk... I heard sadhguru saying that nowadays a womans life is basically a beauty contest until they are old and thus they usually only turn to spiritual matters at that point, although he's probably biased...
nah mate, just blame it on eve

Edited by InsidesOut

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

4 hours ago, Infinite said:

@JhonnyI've noticed that there's far more men that are enlightened than women. 

Thing is, in order to recognize true enlightenment, one would probably need to be already enlightened...

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

For example, Joan of Arc had all the qualities of man. The Queen of Jhansi in India had all the qualities of man: she could fight with a naked sword, could kill people without any problem. 

I highly doubt it's because they were just women. They took a lot of selfless risks and sacrifices. Some ppl don't mind sacrificing their lives for others, not because they were women. It's just because they were themselves. 

Edited by Key Elements

Can't say that I see this to be the case.My yoga classes seems to be overwhelmingly populated by women. It seems like women are much more interested in spirituality when I look around in real life.

13 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Some ppl don't mind sacrificing their lives for others, not because they were women. It's just because they were themselves. 

Real women don't do sacrifice by fighting with naked sword in hand, killing as many men as possible. Women are not like Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Nadirshah, Alexander, Napoleon, Adolf Hitler, Mao Zedong. Yes, there are men who are far more feminine than any woman, and there are women who are far more masculine than any man. But this is not a beautiful state. 

The woman, to be really a woman, has to be more and more feminine, has to touch the heights of softness and vulnerability. And the man, to be really a man, has to move into his masculinity as deeply as possible. What is happening now is a kind of uni-sex: men becoming more and more feminine, women becoming more and more masculine. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I know MANY women who are into enlightenment work.

Careful making stereotypes. My audience is largely male because my approach is rather blunt.

Leo how do you meet these people?

21 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

The woman, to be really a woman, has to be more and more feminine, has to touch the heights of softness and vulnerability. And the man, to be really a man, has to move into his masculinity as deeply as possible. What is happening now is a kind of uni-sex: men becoming more and more feminine, women becoming more and more masculine. 

I think it has always been like that throughout history - "unisex." Have a look at Leo's Graves model clip. The reason why it's different now is because stage blue has become very unpopular throughout the world. A lot of people now don't like to brute force themselves into rigid thinking.

Well, I am a woman and seeking truth. But I am more masculine than most women.

I have a friend (woman and very female) who I show spiritual material. She is interested in it, but doesnt take action at all.

1 hour ago, quantum said:

I have a friend (woman and very female) who I show spiritual material. She is interested in it, but doesnt take action at all.

This part I find very interesting. I think for both men and women, in order to take serious action in spirituality & enlightenment, one must connect this to the life purpose. Then, you have something to work on, on daily basis. It's not easy coming home from work without a life purpose, and then make yourself do meditation and self-inquiry. Self-inquiry for what? How to make more money? There has to be a much better reason.

Hmm..interesting. We talk a lot about non-duality, but yet gender comes up. Gender is very dualistic. Looks like we have to deal a lot with relative truths as well as absolute truth (infinite). We still have to live out our lives here as best we can. What happens next? Phenomenon or infinite consciousness? After all, there is infinite possibilities. 

We have to understand both-relative truths & non-dual, absolute truth. They say that couples who apply non-dual truths, like detachment, are more successful in their relationship. Non-dual truths applied in other areas, well, it gets deep.

Edited by Key Elements