Cireeric

Fully Accept Yourself Self Development Paradox

10 posts in this topic

I struggle with this problem a bit at the moment. How can I fully accept myself, but at the same time wanting to change many things and work on myself? I think in constantly improving myself and looking into the future for a "better version" of myself lays implicit the assumption that I dont fully accept myself as I am at the moment. How do you guys think about this/manage this problem?

You accept yourself means you don't deny who you are. You accept both your good traits as well as your flaws. Not accepting oneself breeds resentment and self hate 

When you accept yourself, it comes from a place of love. Acceptance however does not mean being complacent and sitting around. Acceptance comes with the responsibility of nurturing oneself. It comes with love and with love comes the attitude to not take anything for granted and be grateful and not only grateful but also working towards making it even better. 

So not only do you accept everything about you, you also want to make it better than what it is. 

It's like saying - im already the best but of course I can be better than the best. 

A similar analogy can be getting into an accident and losing some of your brain capabilities. You will have to accept that your state is what it is, that the accident happened and you suffered damage rather than fighting it or resenting it, but along with accepting your damaged condition, you also look for ways to heal and improve the capabilities that were impacted 

In essence, you accept who you are but you also realize that the struggle is not yet over. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Accepting yourself doesn't mean that there is nothing you still want to do and experience in life.

Acceptance doesn't mean there is no change. Acceptance oftentimes accelerates change.

Sprinkle in some Self-Love for good measure ❤️

Self improvement is an orange way which means not fully developed..
Self acceptance is a concept bigger than our mind can comprehend. 
It’s not about accepting your illusion self but whole reality as it is.

Once you accept(stop resisting) True change will arise. And you’ll want to better yourself for your environment and true motivation will guide you.

Acceptance = awareness of change.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

maybe i'll forever be "locked" in this "god" mode, and thats ok, i've made piece with it but my heart at the same time want to evolve, my heart is curious,  , we will see :)

15 hours ago, flume said:

Accepting yourself means recognising that you came here to change^_^

How does acceptance and change are getting along with each other?

16 hours ago, flume said:

Accepting yourself means recognising that you came here to change^_^

we will see what the Gods have in store for me :)

I find that its something like:

I love myself and i love it so much that i will make the effort to improve and become the best possible version doing what it takes

Its like if you dont love yourself you will feel that make any kind of improvenent its pointless becouse you are doing for someone that you hate(yourself)