Vision

On Leo’s recent blog post..

11 posts in this topic

If financial stability imposes a pressure on making content, why doesn’t Leo become financially free? In other words, have the ability to retire (but not actually retire)?

Of course this is much easier said than done, you need 30x your annual income to be able to not have to worry about money for the rest of your life, but work is better when you don’t need the money.

I think working hard for 10 years to give you the freedom to do whatever you want for the rest of your life afterwards is a worthy trade.

This is assuming he‘s not in the position to be able to retire, but if he can, why would there be pressure?

Edited by Vision

You're talking about Leo's intentions, prejoratively, from a financial prespective. What if he is working for a far greater purpose than retirement? What if he wants financial stability along with revolutionizing and changing the world? What if he enjoys helping people and doesn't mind the financial support that's reimbursed? I don't think retirement is the only thing Leo thinks about. If you watch and listen to Leo, you'll be able to realize that what I said is the case.

Leo answers you in the timestamped video (Watch 5-10 mins):

Edited by Abdelghafar
Edit

20 minutes ago, Vision said:

This is assuming he‘s not in the position to be able to retire, but if he can, why would there be pressure?

If you want to provide the kind of insights that Leo is doing on video, it will be always a pressure to put quality content out there.

That's the pressure he talks about. He doesn't want to repeat himself and he has to organize the material in a way that is understandable. 

There always will be pressure if you have high standards, like he does. It's not that easy.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I could retire now and play video games for the rest of my life.

It was never about the money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do DMT*

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I never thought you only did it for the money. If you could afford to, why not let your creativity go at its own pace instead of compromising it to upload every week? 

1 hour ago, Abdelghafar said:

49 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

If you want to provide the kind of insights that Leo is doing on video, it will be always a pressure to put quality content out there.

That's the pressure he talks about. He doesn't want to repeat himself and he has to organize the material in a way that is understandable. 

There always will be pressure if you have high standards, like he does. It's not that easy.

Since he compromises some of the value of his contemplation for videos + his creativity, I was wondering why he doesn’t upload once a month or something. 

1 hour ago, Abdelghafar said:

You're talking about Leo's intentions, prejoratively, from a financial prespective. What if he is working for a far greater purpose than retirement? What if he wants financial stability along with revolutionizing and changing the world? What if he enjoys helping people and doesn't mind the financial support that's reimbursed? I don't think retirement is the only thing Leo thinks about. If you watch and listen to Leo, you'll be able to realize that what I said is the case.

Leo answers you in the timestamped video (Watch 5-10 mins):

Of course he’s working for a far greater purpose than retirement. I never thought he solely did it for money. But read the top of this post. I think creating content at a pace that hinders your life to any extent is counter productive when you’re financially free.

8 minutes ago, Vision said:

I never thought you only did it for the money. If you could afford to, why not let your creativity go at its own pace instead of compromising it to upload every week? 

What the hell has he been doing for the past two months if not resting "at his own pace" in order to recharge his creativity quota? Besides, Leo will do what he wants, at the pace that he likes, don't you think for a second that Leo is always going to be uploading weekly vids all the time, he's "free" to do what he wants. For instance, he can take time for his book, do some more vids, do some research, rest, exercise, meditate, whatever he feels like doing. Don't worry, he's a big boy.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you actually generate so much money through actualized.org? Or do you have other revenues?

@Vision One of the reasons Michael Jordan was great is because he was able to have courage to quit basketball when he felt like it and do what he was inspired to do, even though he wasn't great in that other stuff. Steve Jobs was great because he quit his job as an apple employer and created another business that he wanted to work in - rather he was forced by existence to get out of apple corporation. They all followed their integrity to do or not do what they felt was right. Whether they were forced to rest on their work or do their work, they did what they needed to do. Resting is important i think. 

On 2/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Have you ever thought about actually doing this? Why or why not?

Creating I think is our main purpose, so we do it anyway because we are creators.

At least I don't think I will ever retire... I will continue working until I die

^_^

Just my 2 cents

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16