mmKay

Your thoughts on basic personal defense?

28 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Rolo said:

. Nobody will fuck with you when you are grounded and ready for anything.

this is true. thank you.

@Zigzag Idiot like this? 

Submission is definitely a form of self defense. Look at racoons or cocroaches playing dead. Worked this far hasn't it

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay    Yes, indeed. Not to forget possums and eccentrics like Marlon Brando’s character Lee Clayton.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

You can avoid half the fights you would get into by not carrying yourself like a pussy, also choose who you fight wisely, some people can be warded off with minimal aggression but some feed on it and take it to the extreme which is how people often get stabbed or worse. 

If someone off the hinges try to escalate with you, verbally de-escalate the situation and get outta there.

19 hours ago, Logan said:

@mmKay BJJ can help you learn to self-reflect and contemplate. Also, it feels good to be able to handle dangerous people should they confront you.

If you can avoid a dangerous encounter, then do so. Confrontation should be your last resort. You never know what the person has as far as diseases, weapons, training, drugs, etc. Plus all the legal ramifications.

If you plan to arm yourself with any kind of self defense tool or practice, you would be wise to seek out training from experts. Also, research laws in your region to understand laws and punishments should you have to use force.

I used to think about this constantly. I was fearful of people and the world because I was picked on in school. Nothing too brutal, but it made me wary of people and started to see everyone as potential threats. It was very unhealthy and neurotic.

I don't know why you are asking about this topic and I don't want to project my situation onto yours, but I would ask myself this question: "Is my motivation coming from a place of fear, or is it from my values, principles, and desire to grow?"

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir excellent post!

Interesting thread. In the UK self defence isn't a thing. Carrying pepper spray is classified as carrying an illegal firearm, it's quite ridiculous. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

46 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Interesting thread. In the UK self defence isn't a thing. Carrying pepper spray is classified as carrying an illegal firearm, it's quite ridiculous. 

Then carry a sock with filled with dry rice in your pocket.

Make a straight cut at the bottom and saw it back together with some thin thread. 

When the moment comes swing your weapon in the desired direction to bombard the enemy with the grains and make a run for it. 

Or last resort :

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

11 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Then carry a sock with filled with dry rice in your pocket.

Make a straight cut at the bottom and saw it back together with some thin thread. 

When the moment comes swing your weapon in the desired direction to bombard the enemy with the grains and make a run for it. 

Or last resort :

Hahaha. Patiently waiting for the day I get into a fight and get to chuck dust in someone's eyes. 

At this point my best chance might be to just carry around an umbrella. Using it as a threatening walking cane, ready to impale whoever looks at me funny on the streets. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.