intotheblack

mass systemic rape in Uighur camps

80 posts in this topic

That's an awful thing. I hope they get justice. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@intotheblack

Thank you for sharing story. It's absolutely horrific, to the point where it can make you question if there's hope for humanity.

On a positive note, excellent job by the BBC exposing this. This is mainstream news at its best.

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

That's an awful thing. I hope they get justice. 

yes, so sad. 

2 hours ago, aurum said:

Thank you for sharing story. It's absolutely horrific, to the point where it can make you question if there's hope for humanity.

On a positive note, excellent job by the BBC exposing this. This is mainstream news at its best.

so barbaric.  it's really frightening how they have kept this under wraps for so long.  

would there be any way to stop this? hopefully with it getting more press it will be brought to an end soon 

Edited by intotheblack

I understand the current policy is less than 5 years old. Some past genocides were kept under wraps for much longer. Decades before the alledged crimes in the alledged camps, there have been forced marriages and so forth for the purpose of carrying out this genocide.

I don't see how this could possibly be brought to an end considering the PRC has nukes. The best most of us can do is probably to support refugees and whichever politicians are willing to stand up to racists and grant them asylum.

Countries want to do business with China that's why they keep their mouths shut about the camps. Even Muslim countries apparently don't care their brothers are being forcefully sterilized and helped off their religion. 

Edited by Vrubel

56 minutes ago, commie said:

Some past genocides were kept under wraps for much longer.

Yea you’re right, so much shit going on we have no idea about 

@intotheblack @Arcangelo

4 hours ago, intotheblack said:

new eye witness accounts from BBC has come to light,  women in China's "re-education" camps for Uighurs tell of mass systemic rape, sexual abuse and torture.

heartbreaking to read
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55794071

This is how ruthless mainstream collective egos deal with different worldviews radical compared to their own, indoctrination at all costs. Makes you think what else is happening under China. I hope the survivors get some form of justice sooner or later, regardless if it's China.

48 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

My uncle denies the existence of these concentration camps.

@commie

1 hour ago, commie said:

I understand the current policy is less than 5 years old. Some past genocides were kept under wraps for much longer. Decades before the alledged crimes in the alledged camps, there have been forced marriages and so forth for the purpose of carrying out this genocide.

I don't see how this could possibly be brought to an end considering the PRC has nukes. The best most of us can do is probably to support refugees and whichever politicians are willing to stand up to racists and grant them asylum.

Stage blue at it's most toxic.

Do you think that economic sanctions would discourage these as well?

Nobody dares sanction China, except symbolically. It's the PRC's turn to bully other governments with sanctions now.

3 hours ago, intotheblack said:

would there be any way to stop this? hopefully with it getting more press it will be brought to an end soon 

I don’t think it will be that simple.

I don’t know much about this issue, but from what the article said, the Chinese government is complicit in what is happening. 

That means “stopping them” is now a complex sociopolitical problem. For instance, @commie pointed out the unlikelihood of economic sanctions since PRC is now an economic powerhouse.

The US is starting to get a taste of what we’ve been doing for years

And are we even sure what the root cause of what something like this might be? As painful as it might be to watch, we may have to admit that we don’t really know how to solve this in a traditional manner.

6 hours ago, intotheblack said:

new eye witness accounts from BBC has come to light,  women in China's "re-education" camps for Uighurs tell of mass systemic rape, sexual abuse and torture.

heartbreaking to read
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55794071

I read the article this morning & I don't remember the last time a piece of journalism cut me so deep- absolutely apalling to read. 

The Nazis had strong armies pitched against them on either side, as well as national resistance movements. There's going to be none of that in this case so no internationally-led way out for them. Maybe when Xi Jinping steps down/dies, his successor will ease it up. That's the best case scenario but I wouldn't bet on it.  

As the old saying goes.. 

‘The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything’  

18 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

As the old saying goes.. 

‘The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything’  

That makes me depressed. What happened to "Never again".

1 minute ago, Vrubel said:

What happened to "Never again".

Dubya.

15 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

That makes me depressed

I knoww. but that quote has never seemed truer lately, so much stuff coming out that had been covered up and people/systems doing what they want and getting away with it    
i know that’s how it’s always been it’s just more publicised now in the age of the Internet 

Edited by intotheblack