Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shunyata

How much control does the ego have?

9 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie and I'd be very glad to hear any opinions on this, as long as you feel it's true for you. This is one of the most interesting forums on spiritually on the internet I've found so far.

This topic of destiny etc. is an extremely interesting topic for me. Like, really.

What do you guys think about the following things:

-how much control does the ego have?

-how much control does it have in comparison to God?

It can from books if you want. Whatever resources you may recommend.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

Egoing is identification with thinking, thinking related to separation. It's an illusion, like a mirage in a desert.
Imagine there is a belief that a human being is a unicorn. And then the question pops up, how much control a unicorn has? There is no unicorn. There is only you/God/Nothingness/Love/Creation/Oneness. Imagine for a second that this is the case, there is nothing but you. Then the question about control doesn't make sense, right? To have a control it should be at least 2 things, but there is only one pure miracle ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Has anyone bookmarked some of the earlier threads on free will etc.?

Stay cool & dry.

My first thread, when I joined the forum, was on free will.

The ego is an illusion. It has no more control than You allow. It is a disjointed bundle of energy that saps You of Yourself.

Give it control, and it will make you suffer. Deny its lies, and you will be free.

The "choice" is up to You.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

See, did you ever experienced any "ego" ?, don't assume that there's two selves, "ego" and "you" which is false, you only experience thoughts, but how much you identify yourself with thoughts? The level of identification you have with your thoughts, or in another words, the ammount of attention you give to your thoughts, shows how powerful your "ego" is that's it! :) Don't be so interested in your thoughts, then you are fine. But never think there's two selves which is false!

Edited by m0hsen

From my understanding ego is not even that much about thoughts, it is more like qualities that infest emotions and thoughts, your whole perception structure.

Anyhow that is just my opinion, so don't take it to serious, also I believe that it is mind that has to recognize that ego is sham and it is done trough thinking, but that is where it becomes complicated, as you can't trick yourself into it, it does not matter if you already know what ego is, you need more then just knowing, it must be like sudden unexpected realization and not in form of separation, but recognition from ego. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

On 1/31/2021 at 9:08 AM, Shunyata said:

I'm a newbie and I'd be very glad to hear any opinions on this, as long as you feel it's true for you.

That there is a you, does not feel true, to you. Similarly, expecting control is like expecting a unicorn, while being the unicorn. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, NondualesStudium said:

Then it's not really much of a choice, is it?

Thus the quotes.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

ego is the buffer zone between you and reality

a useful construct when you are stuck in a survive over thrive existence

but dispensable when you see it is keeping you from you true nature, wholeness

when you drop the ego you see yourself in a different way, you are part of everything no longer apart from everything