StarStruck

Are there people who regret enlightenment?

104 posts in this topic

I'm moving towards enlightenment and in my dreams I could sense I was afraid of enlightenment. I don't remember a lot from this dream but it does resonate with my fears. What if I get enlightened and I don't like it? There is no way going back. I don't want to be that bald dude from the Matrix who is all disillusioned and bitter.

Last couple of months I worked on my productivity, procrastination, trauma's and I made a long way through. Previously I had a weak ego and now it is becoming more defined and I see enlightenment as a possibility but I don't know if I want it.

This year I will have to make the choice. Afterwards, it is going to be more difficult. Currently I don't have a lot of obligations, so it is now or never.

I regret to know that there is only me and I have to experience everything... Each time I see someone suffering or having a really bad life, I tell myself I will have to experience his body soon or later...

I can't accept it and I think I would be happier if I didn't know that and I was doing "easy" stuffs like positive thinking, drugs, self-help etc...

22 minutes ago, Gabith said:

I regret to know that there is only me and I have to experience everything... Each time I see someone suffering or having a really bad life, I tell myself I will have to experience his body soon or later...

I can't accept it and I think I would be happier if I didn't know that and I was doing "easy" stuffs like positive thinking, drugs, self-help etc...

Leo seems ok with it. You can't help everybody, no?

Enlightenment is the end of suffering. Anything that causes you to suffer more will not be true enlightenment.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment is the end of suffering. Anything that causes you to suffer more will not be true enlightenment.

That understanding of enlightenment seems very simplistic.

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It's not. Sit and do nothing and figure this out by yourself.

12 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Spiritual masters, and true wisdom, are by nature simple. It's the conditioned mind that wants things to be complex.

Here's the Buddha's simple understanding of enlightenment:

Grasp the Four Noble Truths: suffering, the cause of suffering, the end of suffering, and the Noble Eightfold Path that takes you beyond suffering. That is your best refuge, your only refuge. When you reach it, all sorrow falls away.

- Dhammapada 14:190

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Enlightenment is letting go of negativity. It is what peace and simplicity are. 

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Spiritual masters, and true wisdom, are by nature simple. It's the conditioned mind that wants things to be complex.

Here's the Buddha's simple understanding of enlightenment:

Grasp the Four Noble Truths: suffering, the cause of suffering, the end of suffering, and the Noble Eightfold Path that takes you beyond suffering. That is your best refuge, your only refuge. When you reach it, all sorrow falls away.

- Dhammapada 14:190

It´s not.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

It´s not.

Hmm, no offense bro but I'll go with the insights of the Buddha and my own direct experience. 9_9

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It´s not.

Ohh of course mind Loves making everything as complex as possible, because if there's nothing complex then there's no need for a mind to think about it all the time! So it will die! :)

Edited by m0hsen

Mind is actually afraid of being disappointed. It says what if it is not that easy, I don't wanna be cheated, nothing that good can be that easy. 

Just now, Vibroverse said:

Mind is actually afraid of being disappointed. It says what if it is not that easy, I don't wanna be cheated, nothing that good can be that easy. 

Ego tells you that, to continue the thought process, because hey is mind anything other that some thoughts? Mind loves and do trick you all the fucking time! :)

42 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Of course the ego want to corrupt truth  and make it ever lasting nirvanic for his own benefit. 

In reality enlightenment is much complex. But of course the mind wants it to be an off/on switch. 

But permanent is a human concept, there's nothing permanent.

If you fall out of your super state awareness you will back to suffering.

And that's Ok because God includes suffering in Infinity. It's ego which can't accept it 

Hell, even if you get enlightened for ever in this life, you will end up forgetting who you are and live another life dreaming 

So better surrender and accept the truth of impermanence.

Never mind!

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Never mind!

^_^

And be yourself and know.

3 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

And be yourself and know.

??

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

16 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

So better surrender and accept the truth of impermanence.

Enlightenment is the direct realization that You are Consciousness. You were never created, and You will never die. Only the relative world is impermanent. The realization is simple, but the path to realization is difficult. Don't confuse simplicity with easiness.

10 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Nevermind!