benny

What are some high-quality, high-consciousness resources for understanding women?

47 posts in this topic

Attraction, dating, relationships, communication, sexuality, female psychology.

I want quality, and I want consciousness.

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

A girlfriend. 

Putting the cart before the horse there. ;)

2 minutes ago, benny said:

Putting the cart before the horse there. ;)

No problem. Get another horse. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@benny

Actually what I mean is there is no replacement for an actual experience.. 

It's like me asking to read a book on pizzas to understand how a pizza tastes. Well the best and easiest option is to order a pizza and eat it.

You can read a ton of books on female nature but it will be of little help without a real life experience. 

Thinking about a relationship versus actually being in a relationship are 2 different things. 

Once you have a girlfriend, you have the library and not just a book, you will know everything you will need to know about women.

Im not trying to imply that all women are same, but you get to see how different women are from your standard imagination of what they would be like. You see the dynamics of a relationship unfold and you learn all the good and the bad of a relationship. 

It's like a mirror that shows you everything about you and around you. 

Now there is no book that can do the job of a mirror. 

So fall in love, fall into an experience, learn from it and it will be a great lesson in life and all your insights from the experience will make you thoroughly understand the big picture 

Edited by Preety_India

16 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@benny

Actually what I mean is there is no replacement for an actual experience.. 

It's like me asking to read a book on pizzas to understand how a pizza tastes. Well the best and easiest option is to order a pizza and eat it.

You can read a ton of books on female nature but it will be of little help without a real life experience. 

Thinking about a relationship versus actually being in a relationship are 2 different things. 

Once you have a girlfriend, you have the library and not just a book, you will know everything you will need to know about women.

Im not trying to imply that all women are same, but you get to see how different women are from your standard imagination of what they would be like. You see the dynamics of a relationship unfold and you learn all the good and the bad of a relationship. 

It's like a mirror that shows you everything about you and around you. 

Now there is no book that can do the job of a mirror. 

So fall in love, fall into an experience, learn from it and it will be a great lesson in life and all your insights from the experience will make you thoroughly understand the big picture 

You can't trust girls though - better to read a book about it:P

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

4 minutes ago, SamC said:

You can't trust girls though - better to read a book about it:P

Experience is king. You meant to say that you can't understand women by simply observing the gymnastics of your girlfriend? No way. 

No book will do that for you. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Experience is king. You meant to say that you can't understand women by simply observing the gymnastics of your girlfriend? No way. 

If women teach you something about women is NOT TO LISTEN TO THEIR WORDS, only watch their actions.

Asking for dating advice is not even pointless, is harmful. 

Just now, Recursoinominado said:

If women teach you something about women is NOT TO LISTEN TO THEIR WORDS, only watch their actions.

Asking for dating advice is not even pointless, is harmful. 

Not about dating advice. Understanding female nature by actually being around a female. Much simpler. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not about dating advice. Understanding female nature by actually being around a female. Much simpler. 

Yeah I would also stress the importance of having close female friends purely on a platonic basis. A lot of my guy friends who typically understand women better are the ones that have female friends they aren't involved with. Then those guys take whatever they know about female nature intuitively they learned through those friendships and they can apply it to their dating life and as a result they are typically perceived better and know how to deal with women more. Personally, I see a guy who has some female friends  that he isn't romantically or sexually involved with as a green flag because it tells me that women generally are comfortable around him and he can get along with women in general on a deeper level. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Preety_India Just fooling with ya.^_^

A combo of both is the best way to understand woman in my humble opinion. 

The same goes with psychology in general. Principles and concepts can be super useful if you want to understand something deeply.

@benny The five love languages I've I've heard is a good one, check it out! Besides that I would higly reccomend  buying Leo's booklist. He has some really life changing books on this exact topic.

4 minutes ago, SamC said:

@Preety_India Just fooling with ya.^_^

A combo of both is the best way to understand woman in my humble opinion. 

The same goes with psychology in general. Principles and concepts can be super useful if you want to understand something deeply.

Yea good.

I kinda made it sound like books aren't important or necessary. Sorry about that. 

Apart from real experiences, books help a lot as well. For me, reading about relationships has helped a ton. 

So yea you're right. 

45 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

How come?

1. Lack of self-awareness.

2. Self-bias.

3. People lie to look good.

They will tell you they like A because A is more socially acceptable, then you go waste your life trying to be A only to discover they really like B, but they lie about it. Men get frustrated, depressed, angry, confused and when they gather to study this matter deeply (aka seduction, game, pick-up), women get MAD.

Try to tell one of your female friends that you are taking a course on how to pick up chicks and watch them get aggressive and shame you. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

57 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

They are often blended together.

If you want to learn about fish, ask the fishermen instead of spending years learning by yourself what he can tell you in minutes or hours. 

7 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

1. Lack of self-awareness.

2. Self-bias.

3. People lie to look good.

They will tell you they like A because A is more socially acceptable, then you go waste your life trying to be A only to discover they really like B, only they lie about it. 

Hahahaha. Like really. What if this is all a massive self deception. I don't believe this for a minute. 

Women crave relationships just as much as men. Why would they push away something they really want? That would be counter productive. 

I can understand women who are confused. 

Yet I'm damn sure there are women who crave a man and want him to be the ideal guy that they would be attracted to and really mean what they say. Sometimes give an earful and listen to the female voice. 

Edited by Preety_India

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Yet I'm damn sure there are women who crave a man and want him to be the ideal guy that they would be attracted to and really mean what they say.

That's why 1 an 2 involve self-deception.

The third is a straight out lie.

For instance, women never admit they like guys that make them have random shots of adrenaline from now and then, they will tell you they like good guys but they will often go for the dangerous guys.

This makes perfect sense in an evolutionary way, that's why they are attracted to it.

One thing is what you think you would want in a man and another is what actually makes your flower dripping wet. 

1 minute ago, Recursoinominado said:

That's why 1 an 2 involve self-deception.

The third is a straight out lie.

For instance, women never admit they like guys that make them have random shots of adrenaline from now and then, they will tell you they like good guys but they will often go for the dangerous guys.

This makes perfect sense in an evolutionary way, that's why they are attracted to it.

One thing is what you think you would want in a man and another is what actually makes your flower dripping wet. 

To be frank, this applies even to men. A man might be irresistibly attracted to a hot girl but if she is too much drama, he might want to look elsewhere. 

Being a hot dude is fine. But why not be an ideal mate at the same time. Why the need to be a dangerous guy? Because you see, relationships don't last that way, the girl gets wet with that type of dude, but her better sense catches up with her sooner or later and she dumps him for the "good guy." What's the point of the chase, if you don't want a Cinderella ending. Would you want to get laid and then be replaced by a "good guy." So this is what I don't get. If a guy wants a good gf and he actually wants something meaningful like a long term  happy relationship then why not take into account what will make her genuinely happy? And why this condition that a good guy can't be good in bed? You can be an insanely great guy in bed meanwhile also being the good guy while going on a trip with her. The intentional rift created between a good guy but boring and bad guy but sexy looks flimsy and unnecessary to me. It can be combined into one. Also need to consider her mental level, if she is really okay with bad men, is that a sign of a healthy woman (asking to be mistreated)? Because I'm pretty sure that healthy women have healthy boundaries and would never be attracted to unhealthy male behaviors no matter how handsome and smart the dude is, they would stick to their boundaries, so in my opinion, there is a lot of unconsciousness out there in this mentality that celebrates being a bad guy to attract women, because not only does it discourage men from good behavior, takes them down on the consciousness ladder, enables bad behavior, attracts the wrong kind of females who love toxic stuff and it never leads to a good outcome because eventually the relationship with that attitude is not sustainable unless the goal was only to get laid, but since men are emotional creatures and need companionship and not mere sex, I find such an approach dangerous for men, leaving them emotionally stunted for the rest of their lives, and turning themselves into attraction magnets, more like prostituting themselves to get laid and completely denying their own emotional needs, if men want good emotional health, it might be found with an emotionally healthy woman who is not into loving toxic men. 

@Preety_India I have to agree with @Recursoinominado here preety india. Girls advice is horrible unless she is a very unbiased and aware girl. Most female advice will make you a nice guy wimp. It is not because they are trying to sabotage you, they are just unaware of what makes them feel attracted to someone. The general awareness of most people is very low so they do not what makes them tick.

I have like 1 female friend that actually gives decent advice for guys, 1 girl out of like 15 lol