Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BartekD

Weird energy in the spine

21 posts in this topic

Hey yall I have a weird issue where I feel a ton of energy in my spine and it makes me fidget quite a lot. Its hard to sit still too especially when meditating so I end up having to do some really heavy breathwork exercises, dance or do something physical to relive some of the tension/energy what ever it is. Has anyone experienced something similar or have any idea what it is ? 

@BartekD I'm not sure, but have you tried laying on your stomach with your feet touching and then curve your legs together towards your back? To make this practice more efficient, use your hands to apply pressure on your feet in deep exhalation, and then try to move your upper spine, neck, and head backwards towards your feet. If you're talking about what I'm thinking, then you will experience lots of releases.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I haven't tried this yet ill give it a shot ! Thank you for your help 

@BartekD You're welcome. Make sure you try multiple variations of this practice. Like, with the hands, and without the hands. You can use pillows to adjust your body to different levels at different places. You can use your hands to push up your upper spine by pushing them against the ground. You can also change the distance between your feet, and the angle you curve your legs in. Experiment and see what works best for you.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit ill play around with it thanks again for the recommendations, and what is this called so I can do some digging as well ? 

@BartekD

Just a perspective to consider. The energy is actually what you ultimately want. The mind assigns context to it which can be convincing, and before you know it you’re ‘solving a problem’ which was not ever a problem. 

Feeling inside the body, move energy in waves, from the ground or bottoms of your feet, slowly up all the way, out of the top of the head. Do this over and over. To start, feel that there is sensation in the bottoms of your feet, and feel that sensation in the ankles, calves, knees, and so on all the way up, and out. 

If you experience intention emotions, fully relax the entire body in the same manor, each muscle area, feet up through body to head and out. Do breath counts. Count to 4 (seconds) of inhale, and then exhale twice as slow, counting to 8. Pay special attention to the entire stomach & waistline fully relaxing and remaining relaxed through the entire ‘practice‘ breath work session. At first, you will probably notice it tensing in a habitual automatic way. That noticing is progress. No ‘beating up on yourself’ (ever!). Noticing this is step one, relaxing this is step two. You are are essentially retraining the body how to breath, and emptying out the effects it has accumulated from previously unnoticed subtle tensions. 

The more you enjoy the practice of this experience, the more the inner body awareness connection is felt. Inevitably, a ‘flip’ happens, and this presence & feeling of awareness becomes the new default, without any practice or inner attention needed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Ive thought about this before and given it a shot (maybe not enough time though idk) ive used kirya yoga sushumna breathing to move the energy around and usually i get more restless and fidgety and start doing spine twists and what not to release some tension. But maybe I havent given it enough time or attention. I also mostly focused on the spine and never tried it with the entire body so ill defiantly play around with this. I appreciate the perspective and technique Nahm!

Edited by BartekD

@BartekD

Appreciating you as well. :)

Now you might briefly not like me, but...you can also zoom out and consider a bigger picture. That it is not about anything the mind will offer. Anything. This could be an insight to just how infinitely sneaky the mind is, and an insight into relativity and thought, in that there is no end to it. Every thought can be put in a category of “thought”, and let go. This helps to notice when one is believing a thought, by taking a stand with respect to All thought just being, thought, and never more. 

This brings to mind the old phrase “empty your cup”. “Cup” is a thought, and is not that which it points to as a label. Empty your mind of the attachment to thoughts like “cup” by recognizing thoughts as labels, not actually what anything is, and reality begins to be seen as it is, so to speak. 

Godspeed! ?? 

39 minutes ago, BartekD said:

@Gesundheit ill play around with it thanks again for the recommendations, and what is this called so I can do some digging as well ? 

I don't know what it's called, probably the bow. I've read about it years ago somewhere in a yoga book under the spine practices/postures chapter, and I have been applying it when needed ever since.

I found this video:

@Nahm Lol i have no reason not to like you the fact you took the time to reply and help me out is already enough. I did not consider that this could just be another thought maybe because it feels for lack of a better word "physical". And I can agree that there is no end to how sneaky the mind is as ive read books about this topic and heard leos videos on this stuff but my actual experiences in this and insight are quite limited. I can intellectualize it but if I can focus on the energy and see it as another thought and if it does drop then this will change everything in terms of understanding. Wish me luck ! Thank you 

@Gesundheit Nice! Thank you so much! Im at an airport right now but ill try this out the second i get home ! Appreciate you ! 

@levani any idea what thats supposed to feel like ? I've had visions and feelings of peace, bliss and more but I dont know anyone that has gone through this process themselves other than the stuff on the internet. Also this feels more like anger, anxiety and restlessness, makes it hard to sit still and I end up having to exhaust myself physically to be relaxed 

37 minutes ago, BartekD said:

@Nahm Lol i have no reason not to like you the fact you took the time to reply and help me out is already enough. I did not consider that this could just be another thought maybe because it feels for lack of a better word "physical". And I can agree that there is no end to how sneaky the mind is as ive read books about this topic and heard leos videos on this stuff but my actual experiences in this and insight are quite limited. I can intellectualize it but if I can focus on the energy and see it as another thought and if it does drop then this will change everything in terms of understanding. Wish me luck ! Thank you 

?? 

As a testament to just how sneaky thought is...to the extent there is non-physical & physical, thought falls on the physical side. More so though, thought is so sneaky it seems to claim there is a physical, and that the body is physical & thought is not, while the only reality of thought & physical is Mind, which is unreal. ?

It is this very misunderstanding of the true nature and reality which leads to anger, anxiety, and restlessness. Be most mindful to self love, and not to ‘beat up on yourself’ at all...EVER...but again on the sneakery front...thoughts arise such as “anger”, “anxiety” and “restlessness”...and while these are useful, appropriate, necessary, to communicate what’s going on with you...each of those thoughts is the finite mind hijacking the actual sensation. That is, anger, anxiety, and restlessness are not sensation. They point to the experience of raw sensation, or, that-there-is sensation....mixed, or combined with the thoughts “anger”, “anxiety”, “restlessness”. When these thoughts are believed to be that which they seem to label, the experience keeps repeating. When it is recognized these labels are only the thoughts, and not sensation, you are on your way to letting those experiences go, for the duration of this lifetime. In no longer believing the thoughts, the body is no longer hijacked, and releases. 

If you hold luck in one hand and let a thought go with the other, at least you have one hand free to do something you want to. :) 

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That is, anger, anxiety, and restlessness are not sensation. They point to the experience of raw sensation,

That is interesting. That could explain how come some people experience some physical sensations as "excitement" and others as "anxiety".

What you seem to imply that there is no body actually. Since if what you are saying its true, being "tired" is just more raw sensation and then the mind labeling the sensation as "tired".

Which makes kind of sense, since the mind needs a survival mechanism and withouth the label "tired" we would be always energized and never "tired". But again, there is no body, so in theory, we "could". But maybe the infinite intelligence limit itself. Maybe the survival mechanism is just a tool to keep the imaginary game keep being played in a congruent manner.

Idk, let me know if I am divagating too much! @Nahm

Edited by Javfly33

1 hour ago, BartekD said:

any idea what thats supposed to feel like ? I've had visions and feelings of peace, bliss and more but I dont know anyone that has gone through this process themselves other than the stuff on the internet.

@BartekD Vivek Govekar has a youtube channel you might like. He documents how he went through dealing with this energy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

So I meditated yesterday night on a couple of the things you all mentioned and did the bow stretch plus a few more and the bow stretch didn't really help but it was great to stretch and feels good for the spine I did this with a few other spine twists which got me into a mindful headspace. The first 15 minutes of the meditation were great the energy wasn't too strong i focused on doing the 4 sec inhales and 8 sec exhales ( I wasnt really counting but more focused on moving the energy up and down, but i still kept the rhythm). This is an exercise as well as the ones that were mentioned above that I will have to practice more often to see if it helps as this energy in my spine is been there for quite a while now. @Nahm Seeing the feeling as just a sensation and not labeling it anything but just feeling into it actually taught me something new, when I really felt it my thoughts had completely stopped and I was more into the practice and it seemed more playful especially since I was just moving the energy up and down. That being said after 10 min of that I started fkn LOSING the energy got really intensified and normally id do my breathwork stuff here to chill me out but I decided to do what @Tim Ho Recommended which was just see it as ego and mentally let go of everything I literally started shaking like he described which to me is kinda nutty. Ill keep inquiring into this energy and feeling into it more and try to let go more and more, it is really hard but it doesn't seem like I can turn it off so I might as well do my best. 

@flowboy Bro Vivek is dope! In episode 5 within the first minute he described exactly what im feeling lmao he also called it a "physical" energy in the spine. Funnily enough too he also recommends physical exercise to make this process simpler.  This could be what I was looking for, but it might also just be ego like @Tim Ho described. There is no way to know right now but I will keep inquiring and educating myself on the subject and figure it out.

You have all helped a ton I really appreciate everyones help! 

Edited by BartekD

@BartekD

Awesome. Beautiful.  So great to hear!  .....I might have misspoke btw, I suggest allowing the energy ‘up & out’, (in comparison to ‘moving it up & down’).  

@BartekD  You will probably have to do grounding practice, standing barefoot on the earth. He mentions it too.

This stuff is highly fascinating to me. It's happening to people around me, not me personally. Glad I could help someone with the reference.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/