Aquarius

What are the best news resources nowadays?

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for news youtube channels or websites that provide updates on what is happening in the world.

I never really watched news so I don't know which youtube channels are trustworthy and which are not.. would appreciate some help, thanks in advance!

I can't speak to any specifically as I don't watch news really. However, I would say a good strategy is to find high quality sources on both sides of an issue, then balance it based on what you already know or believe. Be wary of the people who only stress a single side all the time. The highest quality sources try to find a synthesis of sides. 

I am not sure if any of them can be wholly trusted, but I really think being informed is dependant upon thinking. I really believe if you just listen to/read this or that source you will never be informed only misinformed. Listen to/read whatever source but then think about the things they said; analyze it for yourself.

Edited by Jake Johnson

Ground News will show you a news story headline, all the news sources for that story, and the bias of those sources. So you can look at the same thing from different points of view, if you wish.

Most factual news IMO, from Left to Right. Might not be 100% correct.

L

The Intercept

Slate

New Yorker

CL

Washington Post

Politico

The Atlantic

Usa Today

New York Times

C

National Journal

Financial Times

The Economist

Reuters

Associated Press

CR - R

The American Conservative

The Cato Institute

New York Observer

Reason

National Review

The Times

I'd stay away from Far-Right conspiracy like Breitbart, OAN, Drudge Report, Daily Express, Infowars, Fox News, PragerU

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The ones with less emotions and more facts. Dramatic music in the background, images of blood, violence, death, interviews from weeping, shouting, raging peolpe is a signal that you are watching a propaganda channel. 

A serious news channel shouldn´t always show you both sides. It´s not always necessary. You don´t want to hear the arguments of flat-earth-beleivers, why they think the earth is flat, will you? As well as to listen to arguments of nazis why they had to burn all the wickid jews. Though it might be interesting to hear the opinions of psychiatrists on these phenomena.

Sometimes one side is enough. 

Important is that the news are neutral and factual, not emotional. 

Thanks, everyone! Good advice and sources

And yeah I meant sources* in the title not resources haha. Thanks for not correcting me though, but I still feel embarrassed over my gramatic error.

allsides.com

Gives unbiased (as possible) new coverage.  It has left - middle - and right media outlets posted as such so you can see what each side is saying.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

A shortlist

Bloomberg

The Conversation

Reuters

allsides.com

David Pakman( left leaning mainstream but good analysis )

Ground News 

The Associated Press

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.