Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

How To Live Life After Enlightenment?

18 posts in this topic

What are you going to do after having or realizing enlightenment experience(s)? How will it impact your decisions on how to live life here on earth?

For me, it's a life purpose toward world peace.

(Btw, you don't have to wait for an enlightenment experience to do this. There is karma. When you do this, your actions along the way could trigger experiences.)

The reason is, during an enlightenment experience, you feel nothing but peace. If you see infinite, we are one - no embodiments of anything. There is no "pain and suffering" anymore. When you awake, you "feel" bliss - divine love. After thinking about it, you'll realize that the ego is just a fiction, just like all our emotions. These are the common features of enlightenment. 

I'm posting Leo's world peace clip and Shinzen Young's explanation of after enlightenment. 

https://youtu.be/ptkH0uK1uXM

2 hours ago, Key Elements said:

For me, it's a life purpose toward world peace.

The best thing you could to if you really want world peace - which is a noble goal I gotta say - is to stay at home and practice "Do Nothing". Get on your own enlightenment path and reinvent yourself. Maybe teach others how to become direct their experience inwardly and develop more passiveness in their lives.

Our whole culture runs a muck basically because we always try to help some group and by that destroy another. And it seems that nobody really wanna see that. And it's hard also to stay at home, do nothing and get in touch with the your own presence - and not to distract yourself.

But that's what it would take in my opinion. More passiveness, more going inward and leaving shit alone. Then world peace would be a side product of that. That's why @Leo Gura is probably is hyped up about 5-MeO-DMT. Because to raise the awareness of a normal human being to really see that enlightenment is what you should go after instead of personal success is so hard and takes so much time to achieve, that it takes something like 5-MeO-DMT to wake people up quickly. Maybe that's our only chance.

Edited by Azrael

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

World peace after enlightenment? This does not make sense, because enlightened people see that everything is fine already as it is.

Ok...if we see all humans as one (and also all creatures and things) - infinite. What are the next steps? What is the goal now? Could you give examples? We still have to live out our lives here on earth.

We are on stage orange of Spiral Dynamics. (See Leo's Graves Model clip). Here it is...

So, we do things in our lives to move up to stage green - considering all - aka toward world peace. For example, if you want to publish a book, go with a publishing house that does recycling and NOT cut down more trees.

Here's another clip of a guy who went back to his village and teaches others to build houses out of earth instead of going for a 30-yr-mortgage. He emphasizes on everyone being able to get good health care equally. 

46 minutes ago, kurt said:

World peace after enlightenment? This does not make sense, because enlightened people see that everything is fine already as it is.

It's a world wide zombie apocalypse out there of people sleep walking in a dream state of self, destroying this planet and each other.  There is such a thing as detached action. Awakened people can have a very positive effect on those who are not yet awake. It takes no force, when a person shines with higher truth people recognize something special about them. When oneness is present, others naturally align themselves with that. Let it shine brother, let it shine through you!

I did not look at the content because I didn't want to be influenced by it.  But I see what you mean.  Getting more green is a dharmic action and conducive to inner peace for sure!  But I would not correlate that with world peace  (if that is what anybody would be going for).  I say world peace would be a bit more tricky because meddling in any large scale way means you might gain something for somebody, but there will be an equal loss perhaps seen or unseen.  The problem is even though you will be free of karma as it happens, others wont, so I say it's just look after number one (because that's what all of us are doing anyway) and just sick to what is appropriate for the present moment situation.

What else can one do?

It depends on how you define world peace too. It could be, how does one's actions have an impact on others in the long run? Positive or negative? Where am I going with this?

Not everyone is able to relate to the actions of monks or Martin Luther King or Gandhi, for example. However, they may wonder why other people of a different profession behave the way they do, like an entrepreneur, teacher, or an artist, for example. Why is an ordinary person so committed to a life purpose in a different way? What's going on? Others do wonder and try to figure out. 

Edited by Key Elements

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

It's a world wide zombie apocalypse out there of people sleep walking in a dream state of self, destroying this planet and each other.  

This is none of the enlightened persons business.  The "world" is a perfectly balanced system and karma is being facilitated fairly and justly.  

11 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Awakened people can have a very positive effect on those who are not yet awake. 

Sure but again, you cannot clear another persons karmic account, so it does not matter in the least what effects you have.  The only reason you have an effect is because they judge you to be either positive or negative according to their own illusions, the fact is awakened people are just in harmony with life, there not special nor do they actually have those effects on others, it only seems like they do from the dualistic perspective.

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

When oneness is present, others naturally align themselves with that. Let it shine brother, let it shine through you!

I dont know what this means.

If everything is fine the way it is, then why should an artist paint something educational on the canvas board and donate to the school to teach children? Why not just leave the canvas board empty and just meditate and "do nothing" all day? I rather see the artist paint something beautiful and meaningful. 

@Key Elements
What if an artist painting something beautiful and meaningful is the way it is? 
That's the whole thing. It's always fine the way it is. When enlightened there's just no ego telling you that it's not. 

A man asked a Zen master: ‘Since you have become enlightened what changes happen in your life?’ The master said: ‘Before I became enlightened I used to chop wood and carry water from the well.’ And the man asked: ‘Now that you have become enlightened what do you do? What changes have happened?’ He said: ‘I chop wood and I carry water from the well.’ But the man was puzzled. ‘Then,’ he said, ‘what is the difference? It is the same thing.’

And the master laughed. He said, ‘It is not the same thing. Before, I used to chop wood and think a thousand and one thoughts. Now I simply chop wood. It is so beautiful just to chop wood and do nothing. Before, I used to have a thousand and one desires while drawing water from the well. Now I simply draw water. And to tell you the truth, there is no one inside me who is drawing the water. And when I am chopping the wood it is wonderful, because there is nobody in me chopping the wood. I have disappeared! The wood is being chopped and the water is being carried, and it is tremendously beautiful.’

The ordinary life becomes extraordinary if you live it totally, fully.

47 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

If everything is fine the way it is, then why should an artist paint something educational on the canvas board and donate to the school to teach children? Why not just leave the canvas board empty and just meditate and "do nothing" all day? I rather see the artist paint something beautiful and meaningful. 

Everything is fine the ways it is.  "Doing" just doesn't equate to "deficiency".  You can still add something to the creation if that's what life has planned for you in this moment, but your sense of doership is cancelled, its just life acting through you, all you are essentially is an instrument, but an enlightened instrument always acts in harmony with life because life is non dual.  However, if the instrument is breaking dharma then there is something not right with that persons enlightenment, because you can only hope to gain something from breaking dharma if you are still a dooer with an agenda.

Beautiful and meaningful?  Point me to where beauty and meaning are actually located please.;) I bet you cant

5 minutes ago, kurt said:

Point me to where beauty and meaning are actually located please

Same place as karma and the three bodies. The eye of the beholder.

31 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Same place as karma and the three bodies. The eye of the beholder.

hahahahahahahahah nice one

@kurt I enjoy everything you have to share here Kurt. I can't say I'm all about the dharma and karma but the message there is always inspiring.  I read between the lines, so to speak.

Do me a favor, if you notice me getting too far out on a limb with any of this enlightenment stuff (which I do) knock me off my branch.  The harder I hit the ground, the more I deserved the pain. And probably a little closer to enlightenment for it.:)

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Do me a favor, if you notice me getting too far out on a limb with any of this enlightenment stuff (which I do) knock me off my branch.  The harder I hit the ground, the more I deserved the pain. And probably a little closer to enlightenment for it.:)

I wouldn't do that, but I'm sure God will deliver what is appropriate for the situation?

I'm just quoting Leo,

"Careful about idealizing enlightened people, you will be disappointed.

Jesus was not pure benevolence. If you look at the descriptions of him, he was also a prick. As many enlightened masters can be.

Don't equate enlightenment with automatic goodness. That goodness requires MUCH additional work. And it's actually easier to become deeply enlightened than to become perfectly good."

He did mention being a benevolent force in another clip. I believe it was...The 10 things that you want but don't know you want...

That means world peace without agenda is ok, if that's what your thoughts  (coming from no-self) tells you.