Someone here

How to overcome solipsism?

80 posts in this topic

@Carl-Richard bro, just watch from 46:00 until the end and then come back.

I'm not saying I agree with him. He was addressing the viewer directly and saying "only you exists and all others are fantasy".. If he didn't mean it "absolutely".. Why is he deceiving the viewer? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard bro, just watch from 46:00 untill the end and then come back.

I'm not saying I agree with him. He was addressing the viewer directly and saying "only you exists and all others are fantasy".. If he didn't mean it "absolutely".. Why is he deceiving the viewer? 

"You" as in the big Self, not the small self. There is only one Self.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Someone here Nope, I exist right now. You don't. Now is not your time.

LOL. We Occupy different nows!

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"You" as in the big Self, not the small self. There is only one Self.

He didn't make this distinction that you are making. 

-Osho

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

He didn't make this distinction that you are making. 

That distinction is implicit when we're talking about God.

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That distinction is implicit when we're talking about God.

Well again these are your justifications.in the video and time references I gave.. He didn't make any of these distinctions.  

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well again these are your justifications.in the video and time references I gave.. He didn't make any of these distinctions.  

It's a video focused on exercises for realizing that you're God. It's not a detailed walkthrough of the metaphysics of God. He would only make that distinction if it was relevant for the exercise, but apparently it's not so relevant. He would also have to leave some things out for the sake of brevity.

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

He would only make that distinction if it was relevant for the exercise, but apparently it's not so relevant

Oh? Ofcourse it's extremely relevant. Otherwise such misunderstanding be prevented.

I don't think this is a misunderstanding from my side .. He did clearly and literally say that you (the viewer: Carl Richard) are the only being that exists actually and all 'other being' are but a fantasy.  So you're saying that Leo's wrong and so do I. We agree here. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh? Ofcourse it's extremely relevant.

No. You can awaken to God without knowing anything about it conceptually, but just by simply doing the right things. Clearly it's not relevant to the practice. It's relevant to making accurate statements (which we're trying to do right now), but nothing of this will necessarily bring you any closer to actually realizing you're God.

For me solipsism is just a consequence when you assume certain aspects of absolute reality, such as Oneness, but conflate those with a non-absolute aspect of reality, namely your sense of self.

What even is the difference between solipsism and non-solipsism? the doubting of "other" experience. When it is shown to you that your human body and mind are just a small construction of the universe/Self, this notion of "other" experience is shown as illusion. The whole thing about solipsism is not about whether others have an "other experience", its about whether others have the same experience as you! You wonder if the man down the street also has an experience of the same universe that you are in. It turns out there is only one universe to be experienced so all notions of solipsism inevitably collapse.

34 minutes ago, North Sea said:

it is shown to you that your human body and mind are just a small construction of the universe/Self, this notion of "other" experience is shown as illusion. The whole thing about solipsism is not about whether others have an "other experience", its about whether others have the same experience as you! You wonder if the man down the street also has an experience of the same universe that you are in. It turns out there is only one universe to be experienced so all notions of solipsism inevitably collapse.

it  depends on the nature of the universe . a dream universe is solipsistic as there is only you imagining others in a dream .a queastion could be posed about how can one be certain that this is or is not the case with the present uinverse .     

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

What I'm trying to say is that "the present universe" is the only universe. Even if there are other universes, where do they exist? what is the place that contains these universes? in the end all borders are thought up so there is only ONE universe. All individual lives are dreamed up by this universe because in reality there are no individual lives. A solipsist believes everything is dead while the solipsist is the only one alive. Following this logic a solipsist believes that air is dead, but becomes alive and conscious when the air enters his body.

Solipsism is the ego's final trick, thinking it has some special metaphysical position when in fact it is one with everything.

Isn't is suspicious that the only metaphysical philosophy that is biased on ego, namely solipsism, comes forth when contemplating spirituality, a field where it is always recommended to transcend our egos to find the truth? It's just ego games. solipsism doesn't mean anything at all, that is the reason it is not falsifiable, because it wouldn't change anything about "your experience" because "you" will always only have "your experience" when seen from the egoic state. In truth all notions of "you" and "your experience" and even "reality" are completely imaginary. This even goes for "God" and "Love". Its just that those two words are the best words in the english language to describe the ultimate reality because the ultimate reality is literally God and Love.

Thats my take on it.

PS: What constitutes a "dream universe" vs a "real universe"? will we ever find out the truth using those concepts?

Edited by North Sea

7 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Someone here Nope, I exist right now. You don't. Now is not your time.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

• The way I see it ( i might be wrong) is: the flower of life.  You are the circle in the midle creating the whole dream. You are everything. There is nothing that is not you. 
  • And the circles around you are other perspectives that will also experience after. 
  • Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. 
  • Don't do to others what you don't want fpr you. 
  • Etc. 

11 hours ago, North Sea said:

solipsism doesn't mean anything at all, that is the reason it is not falsifiable, because it wouldn't change anything about "your experience" because "you" will always only have "your experience" when seen from the egoic state. In truth all notions of "you" and "your experience" and even "reality" are completely imaginary. This even goes for "God" and "Love". Its just that those two words are the best words in the english language to describe the ultimate reality because the ultimate reality is literally God and Love.

13 hours ago, North Sea said:

it is shown to you that your human body and mind are just a small construction of the universe/Self, this notion of "other" experience is shown as illusion. The whole thing about solipsism is not about whether others have an "other experience", its about whether others have the same experience as you! You wonder if the man down the street also has an experience of the same universe that you are in. It turns out there is only one universe to be experienced so all notions of solipsism inevitably collapse.

Nice inquiry. Thanks! ?

-Osho

13 hours ago, North Sea said:

ultimate reality is literally God and Love.

It could also be called Anarchy.

Homicide: More than 400,000 people die from homicide each year – in some countries it's one of the leading causes. 

Rape: More than 250,000 cases of rape are recorded annually worldwide.

Starvation: Every year, around 9 million people die of hunger, according to the international relief agency Mercy Corps. 

Covid-19: 1.92 million deaths to date.

Natural disasters: kill on average 60,000 people per year, globally.

Cancer: 9.5 million cancer-related deaths worldwide per year.

Animal Slaughter: Worldwide, more than 70 billion land animals are killed for food every year.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Animal Slaughter: Worldwide, more than 70 billion land animals are killed for food every year.

I've killed dozens not counting insects. So? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I may give an answer of my own later, until then i wanna appeal to some authority, thus i welcome you to read ''Ethics'' by Spinoza. He may argue for the absurdities of your position, or he may strenghten them all, or certaintly not all.. but the one at hand.  

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Vegan and his preachings. 

That burger don't know how it came into existance. 

Helping 82 years old grandmother (not alive today) to survive with her only source of income. Her pension can only pay bills and what's most important like breed etc. 

I've must been a monster.

Jesus christ. 

Like to bash americans lost touch with Reality.

One week trip to Bolivia for example. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity