PepperBlossoms

How to See Beauty

8 posts in this topic

How do you see the beauty in:

Failure, Success, Low Ego Development, High Ego Development, Confusion, Pain, Arrangement, Repetition, Lack of Care, Intense Care, Great situations, Horrible Situations, Rejection, Loss, Spontaneity, Precision, Reliability, Unreliable, Optimization, Love, Hate, Evil, Forgetfulness, Death, Birth, Forever, Sameness, Annoyance, Arrogance, Complexity, Hopelessness, Softness, Structure, Symmetry/Asymmetry, Color, Combination, Transformation, Equality, Rules, Domination/Suppression

What is your relationship to beauty?  What is beauty to you?  What distinguishes beauty from lack of beauty or is it the same thing?  

Edited by PepperBlossoms

All of those things are already beautiful from God's point of view.

All you have to do is make yourself selfless enough to love all of that. 

When you love those things you will simultaneously be able to see the reason for their existence.

@PepperBlossoms

no one knows lol but this might serve: 

If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like.
Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can apprehend God.

But if you shut up your soul in your body, and abase yourself, and say “I know nothing, I can do nothing; I am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know not what I was, nor what I shall be,” then what have you to do with God?
~ Hermes Trismegistus

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I think, this is this survival feature, which Leo always talks about, that hinders us from seeing beauty in everything. We cannot see beauty in the things which threaten our physical or psychological survival. 

@PepperBlossoms

An excerpt from Journeys Beyond Earth:

"You are not human – mortem is an appearing thought. You are not on Earth – space is an appearing thought. By dissolving psychological boundaries, you realize you are free to go in all directions. The third dimension is a construct – a mental construct keeping you locked from reaching the Center of the Earth. The notion of space is a belief. You are free to venture anywhere. You are not constrained to a country. You are not constrained to a place. These are useful survival notions. They assault you constantly – constantly – unless you wake up. This is not just Earth. This is the center of all reality. As it happens, all things become infinitely close and infinitely far away. The key to Shangri-La."

Beauty is realizing you are what you have sought. There is no one more developed than you on this forum, more pure, more enlightened than you. This place you call Earth, this is a mystical experience. The very kernel of this presence is spirituality. You are having a spiritual experience right now. And that's a beauty.

Set your agendas aside.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

observe what you want to see beauty in, what do you think about it while observing? observe that too. keep observing until it morphs into beauty as you take in everything.

There are many perspectives to see something from, never forget this, always look for new ways to see something. Combine ways of seeing to creating a bigger and bigger picture of what that thing is. Eventually you get to it, what it really is, and see it's full beauty.

Beauty is seeing something, and loving it for what it is.

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart.