Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jhonny

Enlightenment Promotes Complacency

16 posts in this topic

What if all the great inventors of the world were trying to get enlightened instead of creating the world we live in today.How many children would have been affected by Polio virus because' Jonas Salk 'was trying to get enlightened and was totally happy and satified in the present moment .Or 'Norman Borlough' instead of saving billion lives by creating hybrid wheat seeds was content that 'there is no death afterall' so why bother,let me find out what 'truth' is?

1 hour ago, Jhonny said:

What if all the great inventors of the world were trying to get enlightened instead of creating the world we live in today.How many children would have been affected by Polio virus because' Jonas Salk 'was trying to get enlightened and was totally happy and satified in the present moment .Or 'Norman Borlough' instead of saving billion lives by creating hybrid wheat seeds was content that 'there is no death afterall' so why bother,let me find out what 'truth' is?

So what you're implying is that people who made some 'contribution' to society may not have done so had they been pursuing enlightenment instead. In effect implying that it is selfish and unhelpful to others for someone to do so.

But this is a nonsensicle question. Firstly because these people did contribute to society with their discoveries. Or perhaps you are implying that there are people right now that could be making discoveries or inventions but are, instead, pursuing enlightenment. But then, how do you know what they may or may not discover or invent? And, perhaps, instead of discovering or inventing something 'useful' they actually go on to create destruction. You don't know what people may or may not have done instead of pursuing enlightenment, but then, that's exactly the point. If a cure for a disease was never invented because the possible inventer was off doing something else, then you would never know any differently. You're actually trying to use hind-sight to invalidate a spiritual pursuit.

And in any case, who is it that's benefiting from these discoveries? You? So you want other people to not pursue enlightenment so that you can reap the benefits of their potential discoveries?

It's all a moot point. History is what it is and was always going to be that way. And what people do from here on is what was always going to be. Whether or not someone could or couldn't possibly discover something 'beneficial' to society at large. Anyway, it can also be seen that some of these wonderful 'benefits', discoveries and inventions aren't always so beneficial in the long run, and not to everyone. In fact, with investigation, it can be seen that for every new wonderful discovery (medical procedure, disease prevention or cure, technology etc) some form of suffering also ensues. There is nothing that we can create that doesn't bring suffering with it. Even a cure for cancer would create suffering.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

And what if Trump wins and his giant ego brings the entire human race to the brink of extinction?

The amount of damage caused by ego is incredible when you actually examine the historical record.

Enlightenment seems to promote complacency only because people in our culture live like rabid greedy squirrels on crack cocaine chasing down the last acorn in the universe.

ice-age-wallpapers-1-2-3-4-hd-free-scrat-squirrel.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Turning inwards can only help with inventions and progress of the planet's vibration! 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Leo Gura I have enormous respect for you Leo. I am asking as a student who wants to clear his mind.The technology you are using to promote your message is egoic.Internet is egoic.this forum is egoic.your channel is egoic.yet the message is enlightenment. Enlightenment is a realization.After the realization rest of life is still egoic,having kids is egoic,sex is way too egoic. Where is this going?most basic of the actions are egoic.So I think A little bit of ego is fine.And necessary for survival. 

@Jhonny

Depends what you mean by ego? :)

Everyone is doing their bit, their absolutely necessary bit to keep this all going.  Sure, our egos get involved and takes credit sometimes, in others most of the time, and a very few are completely taken over by their ego.  But the ego is not the one doing the inventing and creating, it's SEEMS that way apparently, but that's not what is happening.  The human mind and it's ego have been designed for the purposes of serving the creation and everyone is doing their part to perfection.

Everything you see here is being done by itself, for the sake of itself.  Those few of us who have come to the end our learning here and who understand that there is nothing to be gained from life and it's zero sum rule now have a desire not to create, but to understand what this life is.  That is also part of the creation and something that we have always needed in the world.  There have always been enlightened people and unenlightened people.

Hoping this helps, please don't bust my ego for saying this, it wasn't me!! Lol ?

Edited by kurt

So if its zero sum and in the end there will be a black cube and a white cube merge into nothingness, that means you can now choose which side you want to be on. They are both right. Both black and white is right. Everyone chooses, or do they.

Dive deep or swim shallow, its all good. Its all bout having fun right??? 

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

14 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Jhonny Lean about how ego causes all sorts of problems in the world, watch the video below, then shut up.

Hehe defeating ego with more ego, i like.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster Well it's no different from fighting illusion with illusion in relation to escaping "The Matrix of Beliefs", I suppose. But it's simply the best and shortest response I could come up with.

1 hour ago, Dodoster said:

So if its zero sum and in the end there will be a black cube and a white cube merge into nothingness, that means you can now choose which side you want to be on. They are both right. Both black and white is right. Everyone chooses, or do they.

Dive deep or swim shallow, its all good. Its all bout having fun right??? 

Zero sum means you have passed through "the dark night of the soul".  I understand that nothing can be changed here, so I let go and am focusing on looking inside myself for freedom.

Until you pass through the dark night you will keep dreaming and imagining this is all real.

Not everyone is up for that, and everyone is allowed their definition of enlightenment.  But it's not a matter of choosing either side, because there is universal laws to consider, and if we continue to break them we will never be enlightened.  It's a learning curve, doing ones bit, continuing to live ones life purpose but letting go of control.:)

There, 2 cents from me

Nono zero sum doesnt mean that. Zero sum means positive and negative clash and what's left is nothing. Its boring old math. Nothing to do with experiencing or passing through anything. Maths is universal, multiversal truth.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

11 hours ago, Jhonny said:

@Leo Gura I have enormous respect for you Leo. I am asking as a student who wants to clear his mind.The technology you are using to promote your message is egoic.Internet is egoic.this forum is egoic.your channel is egoic.yet the message is enlightenment. Enlightenment is a realization.After the realization rest of life is still egoic,having kids is egoic,sex is way too egoic. Where is this going?most basic of the actions are egoic.So I think A little bit of ego is fine.And necessary for survival. 

Firstly, nothing is egoic without ego.

NO PHYSICAL ACTION OR OBJECT IS EVER EGOIC! EVER!

Things become egoic when the ego gets a hold of it. I can use a fork egoically to murder your entire family. Or I can use the fork non-egoically to eat a salad.

Even weirder, it's possible for me to use a fork to murder your entire family unegoically. That's right! I said unegoically! That's a bit of a stretch, but possible. An earthquake can kill a million people in the blink of an eye unegoically. Our aversion to death and murder is itself egoic.

Secondly, even if my channel is egoic, for example, the point is to be moving towards egolessness. It's a long process. You can't just go to Walmart and buy egolessness off the store shelf. You have to bootstrap it from ego. Ego has to come to grips with the fact that it is self-limiting and must ultimately commit a noble suicide. That is the entire process in a nutshell.

Your entire life is a game of you either moving towards that noble suicide or running away from it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Dodoster said:

Nono zero sum doesnt mean that. Zero sum means positive and negative clash and what's left is nothing. Its boring old math. Nothing to do with experiencing or passing through anything. Maths is universal, multiversal truth.

That's what I said, for every gain there is an equal loss.  For example, if you get a woman because you're lonely, it will solve your loneliness, but in procuring a partner you have also lost something - freedom to do what you want.  That's what life for the ego is like, it's like banging it's head against the brick wall of life until it caves in.  I gave you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you would know what that feels like in real life, its the dark night of the soul - understanding that you cannot win in this life. Liberation comes soon after. Samsara, the world of appearances is a zero sum game, appearance is set up this way to teach you who you are, not to give you what you want.

Edited by kurt

@Leo Gura Thanks man.That opened the knots of my mind. Secondly could not appreciate you more. YOUR content has literally changed my life.Like totally changed it for the good. Thanks for everything.I have been fucking around with personal development until I discovered your channel and this forum.