John

Dark Night Of The Soul

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any helpful resources here?

I have heard some of Shinzen Young and Ram Dass work on the subject but would really appreciate anything else people have come across. Information, coping mechanisms, insights, wisdom, specific meditations, etc.. Maybe even some of Leo's videos I have missed?

I am experiencing a long and extremely emotionally difficult awakening.. 

Thanks, 

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

I found solution for all is deep diaphragmatic breathing. Its the human superpower. The gift. Its the best coping mechanism. Simplicity is key ? 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Nice and short...about 10 minutes long...

I've found this video extremely helpful for me right now. Practice remaining as awareness itself, no matter what the mind throws at you. Like a moth to a flame, we habitually follow painful thoughts and give them our attention. Practice not giving attention to these painful thoughts. Remain as awareness. Do it as often as you can.

This isn't a way to deny the mind's "problems" or pretend that distress isn't there. Remaining as awareness actually does what the mind can never do, which is cook the bullshit out of us. It takes some time, but Truth will start gently whispering to you. I hope this helps.

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

This is all exactly what I was looking for.. Thank you so much.

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

@Azrael Do you know other videos where he talks more about this topic? I tried to get into Matt Kahn a while ago but my ego said something ridiculous like, "This guy is a phoney. Pretending to be Eckhart Tolle. Looks like he lives in his Mom's basement, must be a loser.. blah blah blah" And of course this was blocking me from one of the most helpful videos I have watched yet!

-Socrates

17 minutes ago, John said:

@Azrael Do you know other videos where he talks more about this topic?

Yeah, I actually searched for this myself some time ago and saved them all for bad times. Here are related videos:

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael thank you so very much! I've just watched the emotional oneness, that was so powerful!

When he said 'enlightenment so what?!' I literally stopped it and laughed like 15 minutes:) 

@Azrael

I just completed the emotional oneness video and it was so powerful. I should probably give it a night's rest now before acting on it but can you lead me to some more of what is mentioned in the video? It was staggering but I'm also left feeling it was quite general. "Accepting your inner child" and listening to him and loving him and integrating him is a beautiful concept but Matt didn't list too many action steps. Any advice here? I have already ordered his book!

-Socrates

On 27.09.2016 at 10:44 PM, John said:

Does anyone have any helpful resources here?

I have heard some of Shinzen Young and Ram Dass work on the subject but would really appreciate anything else people have come across. Information, coping mechanisms, insights, wisdom, specific meditations, etc.. Maybe even some of Leo's videos I have missed?

I am experiencing a long and extremely emotionally difficult awakening.. 

Thanks, 

John

mind illuminated of culadasa has nice explaination of this. well, its easy to understand actually. when you see your true self, the rest of ego that left freaks out, because its all supporting system is gone, and all the beliefs about everything that used to seem true are bullshit now. But if you always knew that your ego is bullshit then imo it can be not that hard not to have it. 

8 hours ago, John said:

@Azrael

I just completed the emotional oneness video and it was so powerful. I should probably give it a night's rest now before acting on it but can you lead me to some more of what is mentioned in the video? It was staggering but I'm also left feeling it was quite general. "Accepting your inner child" and listening to him and loving him and integrating him is a beautiful concept but Matt didn't list too many action steps. Any advice here? I have already ordered his book!

The one and only thing I have learned from Matt Khan and from nobody else - as a matter of fact everybody else teaches you the exact opposite and that's why self-help never really works fast and good - is: All your weaknesses, all your negative emotions, all your limitations are not the devil trying to make your life shitty and neurotic. They are the coping mechanisms of your lower self (your inner child / your unconscious) that built up while it was trying to handle all the situations in which you were mentally attacked. And even when your mother told you that you can't have that toy you were mentally attacked, because you had to face a situation that was not according to how your ego likes to have it. Over the time we all built frameworks, interpretations and mechanisms to work with misery and out of that comes something like: feeling fear, anger, doing stupid stuff when you are afraid, having compulsive thoughts ...

Now, this in its essence is a neurosis that built up over time and that you can just get rid of if you learn how deal with negative emotions and events, see what they really are and change your internal processes. And easiest way to do so (like Matt suggests) is to be sorry for your lower self that it has to do all these neurotic things to deal with negativity. In that way you get access to it, it'll feel safer and the neurosis will begin to melt away. And that's what you ultimately want. You want to reconnect with all of yourself, not just the things you like about you. So, to start with that integration treat your lower self like a five year old in pain. Not like your ex that fucked your best man. When you really get that, things will change really quickly. At least they did for me.

Cheers

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.