machinegun

Karma doesn't exist

37 posts in this topic

All karma can become cleared in one moment of realization, the realization that you are not the doer. The realization that you are free from karma, frees you from karma. When you know that you are free to determine who you are at every moment, that recognition in itself breaks the karmic tie.

Yeah I think it's obvious what Karma is from a oneness view point. If you are the same being in every being. If you are beheading a chicken.. You are the human who's beheading the chicken and the chicken that's getting beheaded simultaneously. So instant karma. It's not a process in time and doesn't require reincarnation because it's hard for us to make sense of how time is illusory and our relative notion of how the universe works are not what's absolutely true. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Karma is part of the dream. In transcendent reality, there is no change, and thus no karma, or cause and effect.

Which is not to say that dream forms don't accumulate karma to themselves, like a snowball rolling down a snowy slope. If you care about the dream, and to some extent, if you are wise, you will; don't create bad karma. Pleasant dreams are better than nightmares.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

What if I told you that Junko Furuta is her own torturer and her torturer is Junko Furuta?

Huh? 

I don't get it.  If your coming with the ' everything is one' archetype, how does that help answer the OP's question?

According to the karma model, the karma stuff will hit them in the next lives.

Well obviously.. Just like you have "innocent until proven guilty", you can't start off with a crazy assumption like Karma.  lol, what a dumb name tho.. Just googled Karma with a h and you WON'T BELIEVE IT... It came up with a salad.  lmao, 

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

I think that's why some people propose why some eastern religions believe in multiple lives, because one life is clearly way too unfair for karma to be real :P

Karma is not about justice in the western sense of the word. It's more about Newton's third law of motion: every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It's much more mechanical than you think. In that sense, you only ever get what you "deserve" because that is all that could ever be.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

17 hours ago, Quantum Toad said:

All karma can become cleared in one moment of realization, the realization that you are not the doer. The realization that you are free from karma, frees you from karma. When you know that you are free to determine who you are at every moment, that recognition in itself breaks the karmic tie.

You still have prarabdha karma to burn through ;). Realization doesn't wipe the slate completely clean. It only doesn't complicate it further.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's much more mechanical than you think

nope

@How to be wise Did you just choose to deliberately ignore the second-half of what I wrote? There's no way in hell being raped and tortured, and then subsequently dying, for 44 days has helped anybody's "higher good". I don't know why you choose to believe that, and to be able to say something like that proves to me that you've lead a pretty cush life.

8 hours ago, machinegun said:

@How to be wise Did you just choose to deliberately ignore the second-half of what I wrote? There's no way in hell being raped and tortured, and then subsequently dying, for 44 days has helped anybody's "higher good". I don't know why you choose to believe that, and to be able to say something like that proves to me that you've lead a pretty cush life.

You have a lot of work to do. God did not make a mistake when he invented rape, torture and death.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 28.12.2020 at 6:59 PM, Tim R said:

nope

Don't get stuck on materialistic terminology. It's a holistic mechanism, not a reductionistic mechanism. Karma isn't reducible to single units of measurement (e g. Newtonian forces), but it describes causal "trends".

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 12/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, machinegun said:

I don't know if this is a revelation everyone has, but a few days ago I came to the conclusion that life is not even remotely fair. This was because I read about the case of Junko Furuta. Don't read the Wikipedia page unless you're willing to cry and/or vomit. 

I think karma is something we all want to believe in-bad guys getting punished- but seriously, a lot of the times it works out in favor of the bad guy.

I watched a video from Leo about how karma comes back in the form of a guilty conscience, but some actions are so fucked up that guilt alone could never absolve the pain these people cause.

Like do you really think a motherfucker like Gengis Kahn was feeling remorse at the end of his life? People were celebrating this mass rapist and murder as a hero, he must have felt like a fucking god.

I guess I'm just disappointed because I have always wanted to believe things return to balance at the end. This world is truly fucked up.

What does it say about your true nature that these thoughts don’t resonate?  Imagine that multiplied by eight billion. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Don't get stuck on materialistic terminology

Ok I thought you meant some reductionist sort of thing (isn't that what everybody associates with "mechanical"?)

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Karma isn't reducible to single units of measurement (e g. Newtonian forces), but it describes causal "trends".

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

@Carl-Richard

Ok I thought you meant some reductionist sort of thing (isn't that what everybody associates with "mechanical"?)

What do you mean?

On a second thought, I don't think the holistic vs. reductionistic thing was a very helpful or accurate description :P. I was mainly contrasting the common mystical "justice" perception of karma with the word commonly associated with causality ("mechanism") while using it more as a metaphor than an accurate description, in order to create a guiding image.

Edited by Carl-Richard