Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Someone here

After death? (analogy)

31 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, cetus said:

Have you been listening to Alan Watts lately? :)

Thanks for sharing, @cetus. One critical concept that Watts doesn't recognize in this speech is the idea of continued karmic identity, in the samsara cycle, and of ultimate redemption from this cycle.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Fran11 well you already know what's the go. Good luck :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

"Physical" is just a way of calling a very "dense" form of consciousness, there are less dense levels as well.

Exactly. I've been pondering this a lot recently. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, either unmanifested or only manifested as we experience it in this density level. It seems likely, if not inevitable, that there are other, finer (and perhaps other, denser) levels of manifestation.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:20 PM, cetus said:

@PepperBlossoms Have you been listening to Alan Watts lately?:)

@cetus No I hadn't listened to him lately.  I love his voice - he sounds so magical when he talks.  Maybe we've had similar info sources to come to similar conclusions.

I guess what I need to ponder some more is how the heck all of this stuff comes together.

Living things are made of cells which can live from days to months.

Everything is seemingly made of atoms which is approx at the age of the universe.

The creature body after death will have cells that die but atoms that continue to exist.

A question to ponder:

Is consciousness tied to the physical world - it is the computer reading the software which it is made of.  The minds thoughts are physical things/systems that happen in an x,y,z space with a mass made up of atoms.

Sure when you die, your atoms get rearranged differently and eventually may get arranged into another computer to read software.

10 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

A question to ponder:

Is consciousness tied to the physical world - it is the computer reading the software which it is made of.  The minds thoughts are physical things/systems that happen in an x,y,z space with a mass made up of atoms.

Sure when you die, your atoms get rearranged differently and eventually may get arranged into another computer to read software.

There isn't anyone pondering... as in the ponderer is just a thought identified with as your thought.

When it's recognized there already isn't a you now, the idea of some aspect of yourself continuing on after death becomes non applicable.

This liberating recognition takes the steam out of the sail sort of speak in terms of trying to know an answer to THIS!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There isn't anyone pondering... as in the ponderer is just a thought identified with as your thought.

When it's recognized there already isn't a you now, the idea of some aspect of yourself continuing on after death becomes non applicable.

This liberating recognition takes the steam out of the sail sort of speak in terms of trying to know an answer to THIS!!

?‍♂️

Dude your views are extremely limited.  No self is not the answer to everything. 

-Osho

On 12/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, Someone here said:

What will happen after the body dies ? 

A separate self is the contingency of causation. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

@Someone here Yes, remember what 'you' were before 'you' were 'born'? :)

Before "I" was born.. I AM. ;)

-Osho

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

?‍♂️

Dude your views are extremely limited.  No self is not the answer to everything. 

Pertaining to Awakening

All that's being pointed to is on one end of the spectrum is full-scale identification with the socially conditioned thinking mind.(Asleep)

And on the other end is the disidentification with the socially conditioned thinking mind.(Awake)

The Spectrum isn't real it's just a concept to point with. ☝ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Pertaining to Awakening

All that's being pointed to is on one end of the spectrum is full-scale identification with the socially conditioned thinking mind.(Asleep)

And on the other end is the disidentification with the socially conditioned thinking mind.(Awake)

The Spectrum isn't real it's just a concept to point with. ☝ ❤

Why should identification with the "conditioned thinking mind" be "Bad" or "false"?... The "conditioned thinking mind" is YOU.

You're never going to disidentify from anything because everything is you. That's what you're missing. 

-Osho