Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Is salmon a potent Nootropic ?

10 posts in this topic

Whenever I have salmon, especially wild salmon, I always feel like I can focus for longer, have more mental energy & mental stamina 

It feels especially noticeable with salmon compared to blueberries ect.. 

I can't wait till I can afford to buy wild salmon every day lol

Edited by Striving for more

a clean high-quality wild-caught salmon (not the orange pale sick one but the dark red one) does have quite a lot of beneficial properties. Besides loads of DHA and EPA you have high density of mitochondria, lots of carnitine, creatine, carnosine, iron, B-vitamins and other things. Maybe not a nootropic as just giving your cells a lot of balancing essential nutrients. But I agree, too expensive to consume regularly. 

Also loads of tryptophan that convert to melatonin or serotonin while  sitting on your GABA receptors will do that :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Blue berries still give me a nice kink too, especially paired with spinach in smoothie, 10/10 brain boost

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Opo I thought most fish were ok as for heavy metals ? 

I met a really knowledgeable biology/health student once, and he was vegan and ate zero fish.

Not saying this is the right way, but makes me wonder

@Michael569

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

(not the orange pale sick one but the dark red one

Are most conventional tinned / Plastic wrapped salmon from supermarkets the orange pale 

& what is issue with orange pale one 

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Also loads of tryptophan that convert to melatonin or serotonin while  sitting on your GABA receptors will do that :)

^ What do you mean here ?

Aye, preferably wild and raw ;) Though most obviously the strongest nootropic is brain.

On 12/14/2020 at 0:52 AM, Hello from Russia said:

Blue berries still give me a nice kink too, especially paired with spinach in smoothie, 10/10 brain boost

Spinach for the extra oxalates I assume? I heard it's very good if you want to get kidney stones.

Edited by Village

On 14/12/2020 at 7:24 AM, Striving for more said:

Are most conventional tinned / Plastic wrapped salmon from supermarkets the orange pale 

& what is issue with orange pale one 

anaemic, polluted and fat 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Every day after training I remember about going to Whole Foods And I would get from the cold bar the salmon with kale and sweet potato and I remember how good I felt for a few hours afterwards.

From my direct experience, Salmon which is good and healthy looking mostly dark red like Michael said is very nootropical.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, neutralempty said:

@Village  Again with that sociopathic carnivore nonsense. You may find it disturbing how people have compassion for animals while you don't even have any for humans, but that's not a reason to spread nonsense. If you will keep approaching with such intensions others I can guarantee for you, you will pay for it greatly. I know you're too egocentric to even consider such a possibility, no reason to prove it here for me, super hero.

OP isn't a vegan, he stated he loves salmon if you hadn't noticed, so I suggested him another non-vegan food. Seriously, what do you want? lol

Edited by Village