Corey11

Where to now?

10 posts in this topic

I’ve been meditating for the last year and it’s definitely had a powerful effect on my life, however I want more. I’d like to start a self inquiry practice, I just watched Leo’s video on self deception and I can see the Arrogance in me that thinks I know everything and the nature of reality LOL. But I can see I don’t.

Thinking I know already is what comes up when I think about incorporating a practice like self inquiry, I just feel like I need direction. I want to have a deeper understanding of my ego and the nature of reality FIRST HAND.

my mind is telling me there is no point to self inquiry because it doesn’t work and I’ve tried it a few times before and nothing has happened, I can see this is all lies now, but I need some direction on where to go next. 

I appreciate any recommendations and advice on this arrogance I have about already knowing about reality and not thinking I can develop any deeper from a practice like self inquiry.

please give advice only if you are past my stage of development and have seen actual results in your life.

thanks for reading ?

Edited by Corey11
Spelling error

No meditation or now required, you are the now right now. Done. Don’t think be aware. Perceptual thinking is the only kind of thinking, indoctrinated thinking is caught in memory-language loops, not free language loops. Memory is important but we must investigate memory freely, not via a prejudiced inner language that we may cling to. Inner language yes, inevitable, paint, paint, paint, but it’s painting, not holding onto one painting and never painting again.

@Corey11

If the base self-inquiry practice currently doesn't resonate with you, maybe try the guided meditations that based on it? I can recommend Rupert Spira. Also, psychedelics is amazing tool to see what is so to speak :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

9 hours ago, allislove said:

@Corey11

If the base self-inquiry practice currently doesn't resonate with you, maybe try the guided meditations that based on it? I can recommend Rupert Spira. Also, psychedelics is amazing tool to see what is so to speak :) 

I appreciate your support :) I will try a guided meditation. I notice I’m seeking, and when I didn’t know anything about spirituality I would always have profound experiences, but now the knowledge and idea of what I’m looking for is getting in the way of going deeper.

And yes, I am going to experiment with psychedelics some more.. ? 

much love :)

7 hours ago, Corey11 said:

I appreciate your support :) I will try a guided meditation. I notice I’m seeking, and when I didn’t know anything about spirituality I would always have profound experiences, but now the knowledge and idea of what I’m looking for is getting in the way of going deeper.

And yes, I am going to experiment with psychedelics some more.. ? 

much love :)

Cool. Yes, it's about investigating the direct experience and letting identifications go. 

I remember the following thread quite inspiring:

Maybe, you'll find a few useful pointers there too. Godspeed ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

When saying that self inquiry doesn't work - first ask - what is your definition of "work" and "does not work".  Then ask - what have I tried?  How many hours have I tried doing self inquiry?  Am I thinking in images or words?  What questions do I have?  What am I trying to figure out?  

My 2 favorite methods are to either A - sit on the floor in the darkness with my phone set to a timer or B - get out Microsoft Paint and, using the text function, start asking questions and answering them.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

@Corey11 I recommend you add self imquiry / contemplation. This is crucial imo. Just as important as meditation. (or even more important).

Self inquiry has 2 parts:

1. see the illsuion of no self. "These Exercises" are extremely good for that
  2. put attention on your true Self

This is how contemplation works:

Once you are more advanced, these 2 tools are most powerful:

• Psychedelics
  •  Sleep Yoga and Dream Yoga (5-MeO-DMT in lucid dreams)

More tools:

• Kriya yoga
  • transmissions
  • shamanic breathing
  • dark room retreat
  • masturbation / sex
  • float tank
  • Devotion and surrender
  • fasting