Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Are we living in 2 realities?

17 posts in this topic

Is it possible that we're living in 2 realities. One that we are consciously aware of and the other that is always running in the back like white noise and gets ignored most of the time. 

Are we deaf and blind to the voices, echoes and imagery  of the universe that are constantly playing with life. 

How can we reconcile truth and reality, when one contradicts the other, truth itself hurts like a sting. 

Yet, there could be a simultaneous possibility of a greater truth out there which is the most beautiful surreal truth that will instantly liberate you. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Yes it's possible.

But other people here will say that it isn't possible. They will say that your direct experience is all there is.  Which in my opinion is just a belief. You can't possibly know that your direct experience is all there is.

Edited by Blackhawk

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Is it possible that we're living in 2 realities. One that we are consciously aware of and the other that is always running in the back like white noise and gets ignored most of the time. 

Are we deaf and blind to the voices, echoes and imagery  of the universe that are constantly playing with life. 

How can we reconcile truth and reality, when one contradicts the other, truth itself hurts like a sting. 

Yet, there could be a simultaneous possibility of a greater truth out there which is the most beautiful surreal truth that will instantly liberate you. 

Isn't it just like solipsism, when most of them are against it? 

There isn't a 'you' in which could become liberated.

And yet this clear realization is what's referred to as liberation.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Good intuition. I will try to explain how they are one. 

Consciousness creates the form of body, through which the perspective of mind is taken.

The body exists as one with the 'environment', the white noise you speak of, which is colloquially known as the universe. It needs this 'somewhere' to be in order to be what it is - to be known.  This environment is also an inkling of the infinite creative potential of consciousness.

"A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself."

Mind is body, is universe, is Universe.

Separating them like this can be dangerous, but a distinction should be made to explain it as long as it isn't taken as truth. 

There is no order in which this happens. I am just trying to explain it as best as I can without telling you to do psychedelics, or just tell you that you are wrong. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

are you asking if there is a 2nd objective reality beyond the 1st subjective reality?

Well take a look.. Is the 1st reality couched within the 2nd or the 2nd is couched within the 1st.. Or are they actually one and the same? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

You can't possibly know that your direct experience is all there is.

What if you are directly experiencing everything that is? 

What if there is nothing outside of direct experience because it encompasses everything? 

The screen on which you are typing is infinity , absolutely equal to the dust particle that is sitting between the keys on your keyboard, equal to you. One might say it is merely a part of you. But you have no 'parts'.

Indivisibility! 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

4 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

What if you are directly experiencing everything that is? 

What if there is nothing outside of direct experience because it encompasses everything? 

The screen on which you are typing is infinity , absolutely equal to the dust particle that is sitting between the keys on your keyboard, equal to you. One might say it is merely a part of you. But you have no 'parts'.

Indivisibility! 

Like I said.. It's impossible to know whether that's the case or not.

Just now, Blackhawk said:

Like I said.. It's impossible to know whether that's the case or not.

You are closing many doors of opportunity by submitting to this belief. 

You think it is impossible. Stay open-minded. 

6 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

You are closing many doors of opportunity by submitting to this belief. 

You think it is impossible. Stay open-minded. 

It's you who think it's possible.

Anyone who thinks he/she knows.. He/she only thinks that.

Edited by Blackhawk

Just now, Blackhawk said:

It's you who think it's possible.

No, my experience is not limited to thinking. Yours doesn't have to be either. Are you open to that possibility?

AND if I had no experience - thinking it is possible is not equal to being open to possibility

Nothing wrong with having doubt about all this, but blatantly saying experiencing non-duality is impossible is an extremely closed minded and baseless argument, and a quick jump to conclusion. 

10 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

No, my experience is not limited to thinking. Yours doesn't have to be either. Are you open to that possibility?

AND if I had no experience - thinking it is possible is not equal to being open to possibility

Nothing wrong with having doubt about all this, but blatantly saying experiencing non-duality is impossible is an extremely closed minded and baseless argument, and a quick jump to conclusion. 

Do you know for sure that your direct experience is all there is? In all of reality, for anyone and anything.

13 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

That’s not the point. The point is experiencing something remotely called nonduality would not be spoken of without interpretation and belief. It’s not that direct experience is impossible, it’s that experience necessarily comes with stories thereof. Of course someone who believes that wouldn’t be open to the idea that nonduality could be directly experienced. They know that they couldn’t believe in it even if it were directly experienced. It’s an intrinsically stubborn realization, the realization that outside of direct experience is all story. And to boot, who’s to say direct experience is even true?

Edited by 73809

2 minutes ago, 73809 said:

That’s not the point. The point is experiencing something remotely called nonduality would not be spoken of without interpretation and belief. It’s not that direct experience is impossible, it’s that experience necessarily comes with stories thereof. Of course someone who believes that wouldn’t be open to the idea that nonduality could be directly experienced. They know that they couldn’t believe in it even if it were directly experienced. It’s an intrinsically stubborn realization, the realization that outside of direct experience is all story.

Well said. 

5 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Do you know for sure that your direct experience is all there is? In all of reality, for anyone and anything.

If you actually want to know, make your own post about it and I, and more importantly others will answer. No point in hijacking someone else's post.

9 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

If you actually want to know, make your own post about it and I, and more importantly others will answer. No point in hijacking someone else's post.

Ok, that was a no.