Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kuba

Fear Of Enlightenment

12 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that starts to be scared when they have profound insights about the ego?

I don't really pursuit enlightenment, I don't do self-inquiry or other method to become enlightened. I meditate for a year now, and sometimes when I start to think about the ego, especially when I'm sad I ask myself "who is sad" or something like this, and at times something "hits" me so strong to the point when I don't even think about it but feel something weird, like I'm starting to be detached from ego. Then I quickly come back to my mind and try to distract myself with something, because to be honest there are many changes right now in my life and I'm afraid of any 'enlightenment' experience. I know it's just the ego defending itself but like I said before, I don't think I'm ready for that right now.

I just wanted to share it with you guys, have you had something similar to this? ;)

There is no one who can be afraid. That's just another genius way for the ego to make sense :D

@Kuba Whoever wants to go deep into meditation is bound to feel fear at a certain point. Why? Because there comes a point where you cross the boundary of the ego and enter into the world of egolessness. That point is the point of great fear — because it looks like death. And, in fact, it is a kind of death: the ego disappears. The ego cannot trust that there is anything more than itself And the ego is dying, and the ego starts breathing its last, and you become afraid. Many people turn back from that point, rush back out. This is going to happen to every meditator.

The first time I got really really scared of meditation, I was in my head like " Oh Wow!! what is going on?!! My body has gone, lol. Only my eyes remains..."  Now my eyes are going; too. Are they mine? Yes and no. I feel now, when meditating, I am the whole sitting room. One day, i will be the whooole universe 

If i dont know who i am, then it must be the end of the world. I know. It's not. Relax 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Kuba

4 hours ago, Kuba said:

I'm starting to be detached from ego. Then I quickly come back to my mind and try to distract myself with something, because to be honest there are many changes right now in my life and I'm afraid of any 'enlightenment' experience. I know it's just the ego defending itself

You say you have been meditating for a year now. For what? This is like buying a boat so you can catch fish, only to let go of the rod at the first signs of any resistance. All your doing is feeding the fish (ego).

@cetus56 I see your point but.. there are many benefits other than enlightenment that you can gain from meditation ;) although good analogy with the boat

and I don't say that I'll never pursue enlightenment, I just think that right now there are many things going on in my life and maybe it's not the best time for such a dramatic change.

Edited by Kuba

@Kuba Give yourself the time you need but face that ego down. By doing so you render it powerless. Someday you'll see and you will get the biggest smile on you face that you ever had. Sure it's not easy the first time, but so well worth it! After that it's a piece of cake to face it down anytime because you will see that it's only power is what you give to it. You will know that as a fact.

ego is a thought in your mind and between thoughts there are gaps so you must be enlightened between the thought and next thought  or in deep sleep where you have no identity there. So why you people have problem with ego   

I had an enlightenment experience few weeks ago, after it was over and ego came back, i guess it realized that it will not survive this journey. After that i got reeally depressed and went full unconscious, started eating unhealthy, stopped meditating, started to watch TV all the time and filled every silent moment with music..i guess the answer is just to face that fear and go back to meditating and self inquiry?

@Kuba Yes, usually fear arise many times in this path.

Edited by Capethaz

thanks for your thoughts about it guys. I guess fear on this journey is inevitable