Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alet

Pain in lungs while meditating

12 posts in this topic

I starting meditating 2 months ago and it  makes me feel amazing. I meditate 3 times a day. After 4 weeks my lungs started to hurt while meditating. Especially in the breathing tube in de middle of my chest. I have tried to find ways around it, but it only seems to get worse and now makes me cough heavily too, which lastst throughout the day. When I stop meditating, the pain and cough stops. The moment I start again it comes back.

As a singer I am used to the belly breathing, so that’s not it. It does tend to get really bad when I’m experiencing the light radiating out, that feeling of happiness and joy that makes meditation so great. Also when I switch to that ‘light abundance’ feeling ouside of meditation it’s like I’m switching on that pain too, and have to stop. 

I had to stop meditating 4 years ago due to this problem. I really don’t want to stop again as it makes such a difference to my life! Any ideas? 

When you meditate on the breath, don't inhale any deeper than when you're not meditating.

It is a mistake to exaggerate your inhales when meditating. Just keep it normal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do you drink enough water throughout the day?

Sailing on the ceiling 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you meditate on the breath, don't inhale any deeper than when you're not meditating.

It is a mistake to exaggerate your inhales when meditating. Just keep it normal.

@Leo Gura Solid advice here, any new meditators should take note of this. 

Is there any probably of a meditation episode in the future? I know you’ve done one or two in the past but those were years ago, you now have more years of growth and experience meditating. Please share ?

@Alet

This is not a result of meditation. Look to your life, what you want to be creating and experiencing, and what you are. Make a dreamboard, fill it with what you desire to experience, and allow the releasing of limited beliefs and assumptions about yourself as you fill with inspiration & passion.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Alet

This is not a result of meditation. Look to your life, what you want to be creating and experiencing, and what you are. Make a dreamboard, fill it with what you desire to experience, and allow the releasing of limited beliefs and assumptions about yourself as you fill with inspiration & passion.

Aaah the fabled dreamboard❤️? Im actually gonna do it. I didnt ever do it but I think ill give it a go.. 

@Leo Gura thanks for your advice. I am not breathing in deeper, pretty much the other way around. When I meditate and go deep it’s almost like I’m not breathing anymore. It’s very subtle. Could that be the problem maybe? 

@Nahm Thanks for helping! I’m 100% sure it is linked to meditation and probably something I’m not doing right there, as my lungs are healthy and I’ve had the same problem when meditating a few years back. Never had breathing problems outside of meditation. 

I’m using meditation to visualise and manifest positive things in my life, and I’ve been working hard on myself for years (limiting beliefs, breaking patterns etc). Other than that meditation helps to relax, stay focussed and gain energy. That’s why I am very eager to overcome this problem and continue.

@Tanz I will look into that, thanks a lot!

@Nahm @Jo96 I wasn't exactly super excited about the idea the first few times I heard it, but after skimming over the dreamboard thread and hearing people's positive experiences, it's been growing on me. I think it's time for me to give the dream board thing a go, too! 

@CultivateLove ?? 

What dreams may come. ?

Godspeed. 

One of the lifestyle changes to come from utilizing the board, is the clarity of ‘I’m engaged in x activity right now, or not’. The realization there is never a call for ‘thinking about it’, is delightful. In this sense, meditation pairs perfectly. Goodbye hamster wheels! Where’d they even go?! ...Meditation!!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE